This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am told twu doesn't do interviews so I guess that's why they are getting back to people so fast. They said they will notify us by 12/15 so I think we may still get acceptances just later on. I do not enjoy this waiting business though.

I was surprised to hear back this early. Wasn't expecting it until December. Maybe they are getting their responses out earlier which would be very nice for everyone. Hope you hear very soon.

Members don't see this ad.

I was surprised to hear back this early. Wasn't expecting it until December. Maybe they are getting their responses out earlier which would be very nice for everyone. Hope you hear very soon.
Thank you!!! Congrats on your first acceptance! Hopefully more to come!

Reactions: 1 user
I talked to Mary beth on September 26th, that's how I initially found out I got in. She said that they do early acceptances but you have to meet certain criteria. She told me about my acceptance then said to wait on the email (the one that came on Friday) and that she'll also contact the other early acceptance students.

The target date is still dec. 15th it's just they sent out acceptances to their early offer people last week.
So if you haven't heard, really don't worry about it, as we get closer to December 15th, you should hear something. But yes I feel you, waiting is the worst!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to Mary beth on September 26th, that's how I initially found out I got in. She said that they do early acceptances but you have to meet certain criteria. She told me about my acceptance then said to wait on the email (the one that came on Friday) and that she'll also contact the other early acceptance students.

The target date is still dec. 15th it's just they sent out acceptances to their early offer people last week.
So if you haven't heard, really don't worry about it, as we get closer to December 15th, you should hear something. But yes I feel you, waiting is the worst!

Seriously, I didn't realize they did early acceptance. I knew UTHSCSA had early offer. Do you know how many they have offered acceptance to? Have you toured TWU? Also, have you heard back from UNT yet? They said within two weeks. Anyway congratulations again. You said Texas State is your first choice right?

Yes they do, actually in the past I think it even was on their website as well as what the criteria are exactly to be considered for early acceptance but they took it down.
No I don't know exactly how many acceptances they sent but it sounded like it was a few.

I toured TWU and I liked it except for the fact it's a building and not a campus but it has a great location, just across from the hospital.

No, haven't heard back from UNT yet! I guess we will know by at least Friday.

And yes so far I'm looking at Texas State but we'll see where I get accepted first. I haven't heard back from Texas State or ASU yet :)

Yes they do, actually in the past I think it even was on their website as well as what the criteria are exactly to be considered for early acceptance but they took it down.
No I don't know exactly how many acceptances they sent but it sounded like it was a few.

I toured TWU and I liked it except for the fact it's a building and not a campus but it has a great location, just across from the hospital.

No, haven't heard back from UNT yet! I guess we will know by at least Friday.

And yes so far I'm looking at Texas State but we'll see where I get accepted first. I haven't heard back from Texas State or ASU yet :)

I know that's how I feel too. I liked UNT though, and the area around it. Did not see the early acceptance stuff for TWU but feeling thankful.

I am told twu doesn't do interviews so I guess that's why they are getting back to people so fast. They said they will notify us by 12/15 so I think we may still get acceptances just later on. I do not enjoy this waiting business though.

Yeah, the waiting is killing me!
Congrats to all of you that got into TWU! That's amazing and I hope you are celebrating :) If you don't mind me asking, when did you finish your applications for the school?

Yeah, the waiting is killing me!
Congrats to all of you that got into TWU! That's amazing and I hope you are celebrating :) If you don't mind me asking, when did you finish your applications for the school?

My application was verified at the end of July. Hope you hear soon.

Last edited:
Thanks @astru !! I hope you hear from the schools you applied to soon :)

My application was verified on August 22nd

Received an interview invitation from UNT today! I'll be there October 21st!

OMG Congrats!!!!!!!! When did you submit your application for them if you don't mind me asking?

I got the email that my check had been received and my application was complete and under review on 09/07!

E-submited on 08/25, PTCAS verified on 08/29.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I have an interview for Texas Tech coming up on Friday. This is my first interview. I was wondering if you all had any advice? I'm super excited and also nervous because I have been working towards PT practically my whole life. I don't want my nerves to get the best of me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! I know they will ask some basic questions. Any questions that threw any of you off? I'm really looking forward to it and congratulations to everyone who has received interviews and acceptances!!

-Jenna

Hey all! I have an interview for Texas Tech coming up on Friday. This is my first interview. I was wondering if you all had any advice? I'm super excited and also nervous because I have been working towards PT practically my whole life. I don't want my nerves to get the best of me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! I know they will ask some basic questions. Any questions that threw any of you off? I'm really looking forward to it and congratulations to everyone who has received interviews and acceptances!!

-Jenna
Honestly, the Tech interview was so relaxed, and you get a chance to talk current pt students which helped me to relax a lot and get more into a conversational mood than an interview one which was good. They didn't ask any questions that would throw you off, they are just genuinely trying to get to know you. So while it might be a cliche thing to say, the best advice I have is to just be yourself and be relaxed. I've heard about this thing for interviews called the "airplane rule," which is basically that you should be able to comfortably have conversation with them for the duration of an airplane flight and not be awkward, so just keep that in mind

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I just joined this forum, hope it's ok if I post! I was wondering if anyone who made the early app deadline (9/20) for UTHSCSA has heard anything back? I'm guessing by now this means I was moved into the general applicant pool, but I was just curious!

(Background info: I applied to UTHSCSA, UNT, UTMB, UTEP, and UTSW. The only feedback I've gotten so far is an interview at UNT on 10/21 and at UTMB on 12/3, nothing from anyone else.)

Hi everyone! I just joined this forum, hope it's ok if I post! I was wondering if anyone who made the early app deadline (9/20) for UTHSCSA has heard anything back? I'm guessing by now this means I was moved into the general applicant pool, but I was just curious!

(Background info: I applied to UTHSCSA, UNT, UTMB, UTEP, and UTSW. The only feedback I've gotten so far is an interview at UNT on 10/21 and at UTMB on 12/3, nothing from anyone else.)
I actually just talked to a rep from UTHSCSA and she said the early app interviews will be held in November and they should be contacting us 2-3 before if we are competitive. She made it seem like they hadn't contacted anyone yet. Good luck!

Very excited today to find out I got into UNT. So they did let us know within the two week mark. Best of luck to everyone on their upcoming interviews. Can't believe I now have two schools to choose from.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats @dptwannabee1 , Got into UNT as well!! :)

Have until Oct. 27th to reply, so about the same as TWU ... this still feels very unreal

Reactions: 3 users
Woot woot! That's awesome! Congrats everyone!

I actually just talked to a rep from UTHSCSA and she said the early app interviews will be held in November and they should be contacting us 2-3 before if we are competitive. She made it seem like they hadn't contacted anyone yet. Good luck!
2-3 weeks*!

So if we're just sitting around waiting to hear back from the school, can we email the admissions office and see how our application is doing compared to other applicants? I'm just starting to get nervous because people are starting to get responses from their schools and I'm not. Patience has also never been my strong suit :/

Honestly, the Tech interview was so relaxed, and you get a chance to talk current pt students which helped me to relax a lot and get more into a conversational mood than an interview one which was good. They didn't ask any questions that would throw you off, they are just genuinely trying to get to know you. So while it might be a cliche thing to say, the best advice I have is to just be yourself and be relaxed. I've heard about this thing for interviews called the "airplane rule," which is basically that you should be able to comfortably have conversation with them for the duration of an airplane flight and not be awkward, so just keep that in mind

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

So if we're just sitting around waiting to hear back from the school, can we email the admissions office and see how our application is doing compared to other applicants? I'm just starting to get nervous because people are starting to get responses from their schools and I'm not. Patience has also never been my strong suit :/

It probably depends on when your application was complete and which schools you applied to. I haven't heard a word from UTHSCSA yet or any of my out of state schools.

@RiceOwl02 , I don't know about emails but a phone call can't hurt. It's actually because I was sooo anxious to hear from TWU that I called and found out I was going to receive an acceptance offer; But @dptwannabee1 has a point, it depends on when your application was completed and when it will be reviewed. I haven't heard from ASU yet, but they already started sending interview invites.

University: Texas A&M College Station
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.42 (definitely an upward trend though, freshman year got me)
Pre-req GPA: 3.56
GRE: 158 Q, 160 V, 3.5 W

Hours: 160 in 2 different outpatient clinics

Extra Curricular: Alpha Chi Omega Fraternity (held leadership positions), Texas A&M Psychology Club, Texas A&M Cupcakes (Service organization), Big Event Service day, Volunteer at Phoebes Home, Texas A&M Liberal Arts Dean's List.

Applied: Texas Tech, Texas State, UNT, UTMB, UTHSC-SA, UTSW

Interviews: So far I have an interview at Tech this Friday September 30th!

I also applied early admission to UTMB but got deferred to regular application :/

Congrats on the interview at Tech! Have you heard anything back about the interview? How was the interview if you don't mind me asking?

I'm also applying in Texas for this application cycle, and this is also a second career for me.

Undergrad: UNLV
Major: Political Science and German
Undergrad GPA: 3.5
Last 60: 3.7
Pre-req GPA: 3.72
GRE: V 158 Q 147 W 5.0

Hours: 112 total - 40 outpatient, 40 inpatient (assisted living), 10 inpatient hospital, 16 home health, 6 acute care

EC: Hospital Volunteer (before doing PT observation hours), a few yearly volunteer events with my company, competitive amateur weightlifter, German Club member
Honors: Honors College, Dean's List, Outstanding Graduating Senior in German

Recs: 2 PTs, 1 professor, and my current supervisor

Submitted on 8/30, Verified on 9/5

Applied to: TWU-Houston, UTMB, TX Tech, UTSW, TX State, and UNT

Interviews: TX Tech 9/30

Congrats on the interview! How do you think it went?

@RiceOwl02 , I don't know about emails but a phone call can't hurt. It's actually because I was sooo anxious to hear from TWU that I called and found out I was going to receive an acceptance offer; But @dptwannabee1 has a point, it depends on when your application was completed and when it will be reviewed. I haven't heard from ASU yet, but they already started sending interview invites.

I was just thinking email because UNTHSC is my #1 choice, but on their website it says not to call for application status updates. They received all of my application materials on 9/15 so maybe you are right and they just haven't gotten to it yet. As of now, the latest application they have offered an interview to that I know of was a 9/7 one.

I was just thinking email because UNTHSC is my #1 choice, but on their website it says not to call for application status updates. They received all of my application materials on 9/15 so maybe you are right and they just haven't gotten to it yet. As of now, the latest application they have offered an interview to that I know of was a 9/7 one.

Just so you know, my application was complete by early August. Hopefully you will hear soon.

@RiceOwl02 Oh okay, Yeah if they specifically mentioned they don't want to receive phone calls then yeah... hopefully you hear soon!! But honestly, I took a look at your stats again and they are really good !! I would be VERY surprised if you don't get at least an interview somewhere, but of course this is just my opinion

@RiceOwl02 Oh okay, Yeah if they specifically mentioned they don't want to receive phone calls then yeah... hopefully you hear soon!! But honestly, I took a look at your stats again and they are really good !! I would be VERY surprised if you don't get at least an interview somewhere, but of course this is just my opinion

Thanks a lot!

Congrats on the interview! How do you think it went?

Thank you! I think it went well. Like others have said, everybody there was really friendly and laid back. It was great to meet some of the students in the program. Now I'm just so anxious to hear back, and waiting is the hardest part!

It wasn't for an application update per se, it was basically to ask if they did rolling admissions. I couldn't find the information on the website, and I had seen on previous threads people hearing back in October so since the website only mentioned the Dec. 15th target date, I called to ask "Will you guys let applicants know their acceptance status in waves or will you wait for the Dec. 15th date?"

University of Texas at Austin
Major: Biology
cGPA: 3.50
pGPA: 3.38-3.65 depending on school
Post Bacc: 3.67
Last 60: 3.78

GRE: 155V, 147Q, 5.5AW

PT Hours: 300 outpatient sports, 50 geriatric rehab, 40 pediatrics Total: 390 hrs

Extra Curricular: Everything, I practically went to the moon and back lol
Rec: 3 PTs, 1 professor

Applied: 08-24, verified 08-30
Applied to: Texas Tech, Texas State, UTEP, and UNT (Texas St is my first choice-->UTEP-->UNT-->Tech )
Interviews: Loading...

Last edited:
Just found out ill be at the ASU interview November 11th!

Congrats on the ASU interview @ejdaniel2017 !! I'll see you there

@ACVthaPT We're in the same boat!! Still no word from Texas State... their website say that their deadline to notify applicants for an interview is Nov. 4th... I hope they do it earlier and don't wait until that day. Oh and I see that it's your number 1 choice, it's mine too.. I think :)

Hi! I applying to PT school for the first time this year, 2016-2017 cycle. I am attending the University of Oklahoma (although I am a Texas Resident) and will be graduating in December with my Heath and Exercise Science Degree. I am wanting to know my chances of getting into the schools I applied to, as well as connecting with students who are applying to the same schools and potentially have the same school interview dates.

Cumulative GPA: 3.86
Last 60: 3.93
Science: 3.67
Math and Science: 3.71

Observed 3 different setting: Overall 730 hours
650 outpatient (tech job for 1.5 years)
40 acute care
40 home health

GRE: Q156 V152 W3.5

Applied:
UNT
UTMB