This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Decided I'll be attending UNT :) Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
All the schools I'm waiting to hear back from are so quiet...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else attending TWU? This forum has basically died it feels after the bulk of application season is over

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else attending TWU? This forum has basically died it feels after the bulk of application season is over
For TWU, most of the conversation has moved over to the class of 2020 Facebook group

Reactions: 1 users
I GOT ACCEPTED INTO UNT!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I'm leaning more towards UNT, so I'll probably be declining at TWU Dallas more than likely!

JDFKS P9834UWRTIJ;FKAJSDNFVVA'DF/;DF

Last edited:
Hi guys, how is everybody doing? When do you guys' program start? Has anybody started going over muscles?

And for those who didn't get in, any plans to re-apply this cycle?

Hi guys, how is everybody doing? When do you guys' program start? Has anybody started going over muscles?

And for those who didn't get in, any plans to re-apply this cycle?

Late response since I don't have the app for SDN anymore. I've been rereading anatomy for a bit now and will start making my origins/insertions nonsense grids this week.

Hi all! I am planning on applying to many Texas schools this cycle and have a few questions you all might be able to answer. I believe I would like to apply to TWU's Houston campus, but are there distinct differences to the Houston and Dallas programs? How do they choose who goes to what campus?

Additionally, I may apply to UTSW but because my earliest pre-req was completed in 2010, I think they will reject me outright because it was not taken in the last 5 years. Does anyone have experience in this? I know the Texas schools are very competitive so I'm trying to get as much information as I can.

I read that UTMB does early decision, but does anyone know what the stats are for acceptance through ED? Are there special requirements besides having the application in by August 15? After reading a lot about ED, I believe my chances are better applying to all 12ish schools I'm thinking of in early August, rather than applying to only 1 and not being able to apply to more if need be until late September. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Thank you!

Hi all! I am planning on applying to many Texas schools this cycle and have a few questions you all might be able to answer. I believe I would like to apply to TWU's Houston campus, but are there distinct differences to the Houston and Dallas programs? How do they choose who goes to what campus?

Additionally, I may apply to UTSW but because my earliest pre-req was completed in 2010, I think they will reject me outright because it was not taken in the last 5 years. Does anyone have experience in this? I know the Texas schools are very competitive so I'm trying to get as much information as I can.

I read that UTMB does early decision, but does anyone know what the stats are for acceptance through ED? Are there special requirements besides having the application in by August 15? After reading a lot about ED, I believe my chances are better applying to all 12ish schools I'm thinking of in early August, rather than applying to only 1 and not being able to apply to more if need be until late September. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Thank you!

I can answer your question about TWU! I know that in the application info on their website they really make it seem like a "first choice/second choice" kinda deal, but when I went to one of their open house days they explicitly told us that your application would only be sent to your top choice of the two. If you didn't get in your first choice, you didn't get in to TWU! They definitely need to update their info to make that clear! The programs should be the same, just in different cities.

I can answer your question about TWU! I know that in the application info on their website they really make it seem like a "first choice/second choice" kinda deal, but when I went to one of their open house days they explicitly told us that your application would only be sent to your top choice of the two. If you didn't get in your first choice, you didn't get in to TWU! They definitely need to update their info to make that clear! The programs should be the same, just in different cities.

Thank you for letting me know! Also, is there somewhere to find out more about the Houston program specifically? I'm not sure what they're looking for when they ask reasoning for campus selection, but maybe it's enough to write a paragraph about the area in which campus is located and that I have family/friends in the area?

Can anyone comment on the ED process for UTMB or UTSW program in general? I have had a difficult time getting good information from UTSW admissions department, so I worry it may not be a good fit.

@purrple49 you can sign up for an open house in Houston, you'll get to tour the building and ask any questions you want :)

I got into TWU last year and in my reasoning I had just explained that houston's location was more convenient for me because I had a house I would be able to stay at not too far from the school.

I can't really explain it but it just didn't feel like it was the right place for me. I didn't feel like the professors were excited to have us there, where as other schools I really felt like they were happy to finally meet us. I also had a friend interview there on the same day as me and her questions were really personalized from her application and mine were super generic so I wasn't a big fan of that. It may be different for you though! I ended up at UTMB which is definitely the right place for me!

I have an interview with UTMB coming up soon. Would you mind giving me any tips or letting me know what to expect?

I have an interview with UTMB coming up soon. Would you mind giving me any tips or letting me know what to expect?
There will be an interview with one of our faculty, a case scenario, and a panel with a 2nd year student where you will review another case. Just relax and be yourself! All they want to see your passion for the field and your ability to communicate clearly. Be sure to have a couple of really good questions to ask them at the end of the interview. I believe this is an area where I really stood out. You'll get plenty of time to interact with our 1st and 2nd year students and they are willing to answer anything and everything you want to know about UTMB, Galveston, or PT school in general! You'll do great!