This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news from UNT today? Friday they had such an early start that I thought they would've sent out things by now.

Members don't see this ad.

Any TWU Dallas updates from anyone?? The 15th is coming up!!

TWU is making acceptance phone calls today. My wife just got in :)

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I'm super stoked and very proud of her! She got into Dallas.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, does anyone happen to know how many seats are filled or are left for TWU?

No, I'm waiting to hear from Dallas. Hope we all hear soon. :/

Reactions: 1 users
I am anxiously awaiting on Houston too. Two days, guys! TWO DAYS. I am still hopeful we will hear before then.

I am waiting on TWU - Houston as well!!!

Accepted to twu dallas this morning!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UNT is sending out interview invites next week and the first week of January for those wondering.

I got emails today saying I am on the alternate list at UTHSCSA (interviewed in October) and the wait list at UTMB (interviewed December 9).

Last edited:
Just got accepted into TWU Houston!!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Just got in! Thank the Lord!

We will see each other soon then, y'all!

CONGRATS everybody that received acceptances today !!!! I'm so happy for all of you :)!! And oh my God congrats @RiceOwl02 ! I know it's been a long journey of patiently waiting !!

Reactions: 5 users
Unfortunately, I have not received a call! Hopefully they aren't done!

CONGRATS everybody that received acceptances today !!!! I'm so happy for all of you :)!! And oh my God congrats @RiceOwl02 ! I know it's been a long journey of patiently waiting !!
Thank you! I feel like it's been more of impatient waiting lol. I'm just happy I have been accepted somewhere!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the call from TWU Houston! Can't wait to meet you guys! I wish everyone the best in the rest of this process!!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted to TWU Dallas! Got my phone call around 11 this morning!

Reactions: 8 users
I got emails today saying I am on the alternate list at UTHSCSA (interviewed in October) and the wait list at UTMB (interviewed December 9).
For UTMB was it the one that said you are in a wait list of 150 and then they will contact the top 100?

Accepted to TWU Houston!!!! Can we make a group chat for all of us?!?!? :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just created a new forum for anyone who was accepted into TWU Houston so we can all chat on there :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For UTMB was it the one that said you are in a wait list of 150 and then they will contact the top 100?
It said my application status was moved to the wait list and they would contact me about who makes the top 100, but it didn't say how many people were on the wait list right now. I was wondering how many there were though!

It said my application status was moved to the wait list and they would contact me about who makes the top 100, but it didn't say how many people were on the wait list right now. I was wondering how many there were though!
From what I know they only interview 150! So all 150 are currently on that list! Ah I'm so nervous!

waitlisted at TWU-Houston!

Waitlisted at TWU Dallas here!

You guys may think this is silly, but I have been reading this forum for months for my hubby!

He applied to UTSW and UNT back in mid-October, because he tried to take the GRE test one more time to get his essay score up (didn't work).

All I know is that his application is still under review at UNT.

We have heard nothing from UTSW. I am actually shocked that we have not received a rejection letter from UTSW, since his GRE essay scores were below the minimum (but the rest were just barely above the minimum). Since he hasn't received a rejection yet, is there any hope? Or just a matter of time to get the rejection letter?

Any information about when you have heard UTSW will let applicants know about interviews? They only have one set of interviews in January, correct?

My hubby is a bit unusual from most of you, as he is in his late 30's and this is a new career for him. In the past 20 years he has been a fitness trainer, an athletic coach for a world class karate competition team, a karate teacher, and has taught for almost 10 years at a local community college teaching wellness classes, self-defense, karate, pilates, and kickboxing.

Several years ago he did get his Bachelor and Masters degrees in Sports Management and Sports Injury prevention to get a full time teaching job, but that never happened (due to the economy crash of 2008 which froze full time hiring at his college).

He decided to change careers when a new law was passed in Texas a couple of years ago, that no longer required colleges to require one credit of fitness towards your degree. It effectively killed every fitness teaching job at every community college (and many big universities) in Texas.

He has spent the last 3 years working on prerequesites for the DPT, while still teaching and working in a PT clinic as a tech part time.

A friend of ours has an acquaintance on the UTSW board of directors, and a couple of years ago he had said that UTSW was looking for applicants with a more diverse background than in the past, so I hope that helps him.

Just sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear back SOMETHING! UTSW is his first pick, and UNT is the backup. Since we are established living in Plano (and that is where my business is located), UNT is a long long drive!

We'll be happy if he gets in either. (We didn't bother with TWU, as he did not like the school and the application fees seemed pretty high).

Any help or advise or news is helpful! Thanks everyone!

So hypothetically, if I were to receive an interview for UNT for there last interview which is Feb. 3, but I have to let TWU know whether I want to go there or not by Jan. 10, what could I do? Does any one know how that would work?

Last edited:
So hypothetically, if I were to receive an interview for UNT for there last interview which is Feb. 3, but I have to let TWU know whether I want to go there or not by Jan. 10, what could I do? Does any one know how that would work?
You can accept from TWU, and then if you get into UNT and prefer it you can email TWU and let them know you're taking a spot elsewhere. I just did this exact thing in reverse! It's not your fault they all have different deadlines, they don't expect you to give up a chance at a school just so you don't have to go back and tell them no later!

You can accept from TWU, and then if you get into UNT and prefer it you can email TWU and let them know you're taking a spot elsewhere. I just did this exact thing in reverse! It's not your fault they all have different deadlines, they don't expect you to give up a chance at a school just so you don't have to go back and tell them no later!
Oh ok thank you! I was worried if that was frowned upon or something like that, but it's not our fault! I just want to explore my options to make sure I make the right choice for me.