2016-2017 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a pamphlet in the mail today about their curriculum and facilities. Anyone else?

Me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha I wonder what the use in sending that out now is after we've already submitted the app and secondary

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just submitted the secondary. Best of luck to you all!

Submitted my secondary almost 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to hearing back! LizzyM >70.

Is there a complete email that goes out after submitting secondary?

I received the email stating they received it, but not that it was complete.
Thank you for applying to Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Your application is now complete and under review. You may upload grade or activity updates to your application throughout the season. The Committee will notify you in writing as soon as any decision is made. No further inquiry is necessary on your part in this interim period.

Office of Admissions

Saint Louis University School of Medicine

Thank you for applying to Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Your application is now complete and under review. You may upload grade or activity updates to your application throughout the season. The Committee will notify you in writing as soon as any decision is made. No further inquiry is necessary on your part in this interim period.

Office of Admissions

Thank you for submitting your secondary application to Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Once all required materials are received, you will receive an e-mail stating that your application is complete.

You may check your application status at any time by logging in at [mdadmit.slu.edu]mdadmit.slu.edu. We look forward to reviewing your application.

Committee on Admissions

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for submitting your secondary application to Saint Louis University School of Medicine. Once all required materials are received, you will receive an e-mail stating that your application is complete.

You may check your application status at any time by logging in at [mdadmit.slu.edu]mdadmit.slu.edu. We look forward to reviewing your application.

Committee on Admissions

I also only received the above email, however in the portal under "Communication Status" I show the "Application Complete" message as well. I would recommend checking your SLU portal for confirmation.

I also only received the above email, however in the portal under "Communication Status" I show the "Application Complete" message as well. I would recommend checking your SLU portal for confirmation.
Thanks for the advice! I have green checks by everything. Hopefully receive the email tomorrow!

I received the email stating they received it, but not that it was complete.

I never received a complete email, but my portal status received the "complete" update. Check your communications tab on the application portal - they said they communicated that my application was complete but I never got the email. I bet your application is complete.

Dear Prospective Applicant,

Saint Louis University School of Medicine encourages applications from students who have achieved a high level of academic performance and who manifest in their personal lives those human qualities compatible with a career of service to society. The University’s mission statement affirms the value of a diverse educational environment to prepare students for life and work in a global society. Beyond the important objective of training competent physicians who are scholars of human biology, the School strives to graduate physicians who manifest in their personal and professional lives an appreciation for ethical and professional attitudes that reflect the Jesuit spirit and values, and affect the physician’s interactions with patients and colleagues, and with society.

Anyone else receive this email today? Does it mean anything??
I got it too! I'd like to know as well! As of now I'm taking it as a slight confidence booster haha

Hmm, did not get that email. Is that really all it said?

II just now!! Makes the rejection from Georgetown sting a little less :)

Reactions: 9 users
II! Completed July 20th!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the "please give us your money" E-mail yesterday. Nice try SLU... my MCAT isn't even in your 10th percentile.

How'd the interviews go today for those that had them? :)

II! First of this cycle. Complete mid july

Can anyone comment on accommodations?

II! First of this cycle. Complete mid july

Can anyone comment on accommodations?

They offer a student host program. I personally didn't stay with a host, but that's only because I didn't stay overnight (down and back in one day). But from those who did stay with them, I heard great things! The interview site on the status page should have a lot of the travel information for you. Good luck!

Can we upload multiple documents on the portal or just one?

Complete 8/31. Interviewed here last cycle in early December and waitlisted. Anyone know if they give reapplicants interviews again?

Hey has anyone interviewed here that has an idea when interview day will finish? I am trying to buy plane tickets, but have not received an itinerary as of yet.

Hey has anyone interviewed here that has an idea when interview day will finish? I am trying to buy plane tickets, but have not received an itinerary as of yet.

It depends on what time your interview is, which they should have told you. If you interview is before 11, you will get done around 12:45, 1 pm ish (after tours/lunch). If your interview is at 1 or 2, then you will get done around 2 or 3, respectively!

It depends on what time your interview is, which they should have told you. If you interview is before 11, you will get done around 12:45, 1 pm ish (after tours/lunch). If your interview is at 1 or 2, then you will get done around 2 or 3, respectively!

How soon after your invitation to choose a date did you get the notification of what time your interview was?

How soon after your invitation to choose a date did you get the notification of what time your interview was?

I got mine within the same day that I scheduled my interview. It should be in the email that tells you who your interviewer is. If you haven't gotten it yet, I would just assume that they haven't scheduled your interview with a particular physician yet.

Can someone with MSAR post how many people they interview and how many matriculate?

Hey there! I'm currently a first year at SLUSOM so I don't have too much knowledge of the school yet but if you have any questions about classes, teachers, STL itself, or anything at all feel free to ask me or shoot me a PM if I'm not responsive. Good luck, the application process was by far one of my least favorite things in the world but just hang in there!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if SLU will send out decisions on the 15th? Interviewed here early on and am crossing my fingers for good news soon!

Does SLU accept update letters?
Not 100% sure but I'm fairly certain they're fine. However, do follow the general conventions of a good update letter (meaningful achievements, continued interest, unmentioned information, etc).

Not 100% sure but I'm fairly certain they're fine. However, do follow the general conventions of a good update letter (meaningful achievements, continued interest, unmentioned information, etc).

There is a place to submit updates within the portal, so I assume it's fine!

(I did it, so if you do it, you'll be in good company?)