2015 Macbook Air 13in vs Asus Zenbook UX305 for dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GravityxZero35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
($999) MBA specs:
1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3
128GB SSD
Intel HD Graphics 6000

($699) Asus specs:
Intel Core M-5Y10 800 MHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.00 GHz
8GB LPDDR3 1600 MHz
256GB SSD
13.3 in Full HD IPS LED (1920 x 1080)

I am starting dental next month and am looking for a new laptop. I am looking for a laptop that has a long battery life and will mainly be using word documents, web browsing, and viewing pdf files for classes. I am a bit skeptical of the weak Asus CPU and not sure if it can handle having multiple tabs of chrome and PDFs open.

Please help me decide. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Dell XPS 13.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Go with the Mac. I have a Mac and they are the Bomb :angelic:

I got the Zenbook and it's pretty great so far. Better value imo

90% of my class uses Mac and the school recommend Mac to its students too

Reactions: 1 user
I had my MacBook pro from 2009-2015. Never once had a virus. Never took it in to geek squad. Ended up selling it for 250$. Originally purchased it for 1300$. As far as classes go, very user friendly. I have recently experienced issues with Microsoft university though! I'll always own a Mac .

($999) MBA specs:
1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3
128GB SSD
Intel HD Graphics 6000

($699) Asus specs:
Intel Core M-5Y10 800 MHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.00 GHz
8GB LPDDR3 1600 MHz
256GB SSD
13.3 in Full HD IPS LED (1920 x 1080)

I am starting dental next month and am looking for a new laptop. I am looking for a laptop that has a long battery life and will mainly be using word documents, web browsing, and viewing pdf files for classes. I am a bit skeptical of the weak Asus CPU and not sure if it can handle having multiple tabs of chrome and PDFs open.

Please help me decide. Thanks guys!

Listen, and thank me later

Get the MBA 13 inch, currently they have a 50$ discount for MBA 4 back 2 school, or 200$ if you get MBpro and a free pair of 199$ beat headphones with either macbook.Link if you dont believe me http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/campaigns/education_pricing .

So your saving really 250$ if you get MBA, plus you can sell the beat headphones for roughly 150$ on ebay as well. Get it plus you cant beat the 12 hour battery life of the 13 inch MBA, not to mention its sexy and it attracts the ladies, or men, depending on your gender, maybe even the teddy bears like tooth knockn, also the MBA is sleek like tooth knockns hair.
MBA go get it, what are you waiting for?

Whoa, we were issued laptops at my school...I just assumed that is how most schools worked it.