2015 Fall applicants interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an invite from MCPHS Worcester, but the lady never picks up her phone when I try to schedule it.
What are your stats? When did you apply? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Got an invite from MCPHS Worcester, but the lady never picks up her phone when I try to schedule it.

i called them and they have very flexible interview schedule, any weekdays of ur choice. call them tomr!

got interview from MCPHS and CA Northstate.
So so far got all the interviews from many low tier schools i applied.. hopefully get to hear some good news from mid to top schools as well :)
Can you please share you stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you please share you stats?

got 3.25ogpa and 3.15sgpa (3.25 gpa for both overall and prereq according to mcphs calculation. they mail u that paper too)

and i just have a year experience as a tech and about 2years volunteeringz thats all

got 3.25ogpa and 3.15sgpa (3.25 gpa for both overall and prereq according to mcphs calculation. they mail u that paper too)

and i just have a year experience as a tech and about 2years volunteeringz thats all
Do you have a bachelor degree or going to obtain one? When I spoke with them over the phone they emphasized on experience.

Do you have a bachelor degree or going to obtain one? When I spoke with them over the phone they emphasized on experience.

yeah i do have a bachelor degree (biotechnology). Although pharmacy experience is not required, it is highly recommended in my opinion, so i guess it helped me!

i think it will be helpful for us to create an interview invitation thread!

let us post pharmcas (and supplemental) submission date and interview invitation school and date! :)

PharmCas: 8/13
Supplementals: mid August for osu, uop, pacific (Oregon), westernU, ucsf, Touro ca, and northstate

Anyone else hear from these places yet?!

I'm invited to northstate on oct 3rd :)

Is anyone interviewing at LECOM erie? I'm interviewing there Oct 28

What are your stats? When did you apply? Thanks.

3.1 GPA. Pretty good rec letters. Did some lab research at school, worked in a lab for a big company, volunteered at a couple pharmacies, and currently working as a tech.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard back from Texas A&M???

Are you also an applicant or you are a current student? I applied to Texas A&M ED program but was notified to defer to regular decision due to delayed WES evaluation.

SO EXCITED!! Just got my 3rd interview invite to the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. CAN'T WAIT!!!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Are you also an applicant or you are a current student? I applied to Texas A&M ED program but was notified to defer to regular decision due to delayed WES evaluation.

I am a an applicant. I haven't received anything yet and I applied ED for them. What is a WES evaluation ?

Some of my pre-requisites were taken overseas, so they informed me to get credentials evaluated by third party WES. Previously I chose another company recommended by UT-Austin and Texas Tech, however, it was not accepted by Texas A&M. That's how an extra 600$ gone in a sec.

The thing is, I chose Texas A&M ED program, so unless they dropped me out of system or deferred to regular decision, other schools won't be able to have access to my profile at PharmCAS, nor could I add more programs to PharmCAS. See what a swamp I stepped into.:arghh:

OH NO!:eek: However, It is still early in the cycle... get your pre-requisites evaluated asap and keep pushing to get in to the schools you are aiming for!:)

OH NO!:eek: However, It is still early in the cycle... get your pre-requisites evaluated asap and keep pushing to get in to the schools you are aiming for!:)
I already requested evaluation done by WES and paid the fees, however, WES is currently dealing with overwhelming workload and they simply do not predict the processing time for me. Texas A&M told me all of my materials are complete except the evaluation and they won't review it until it's in.
Basically it tells me nothing else I could do other than agonizing wait and pray.

got an interview for chapman CA
a bit worried about their no accreditation status any thoughts?

I submitted my application for ED at WSU. you don't apply for ED?

is there any other choice ?? ;)

haha yes of course :)
since i am still going to go for the interview, just wanted to hear some opinion since i heard chapman is well established school already

haha yes of course :)
since i am still going to go for the interview, just wanted to hear some opinion since i heard chapman is well established school already

then there is nothing to worry about ;) lol

I just applied. They said their reviewing my application. When did you get the email about if there reviewing your app? Do you know how long they take to review?

I'm waiting for UIC as well. Are you guys doing early decision?

Has anyone heard anything from the University of New England?

I just applied. They said their reviewing my application. When did you get the email about if there reviewing your app? Do you know how long they take to review?
also waiting on UIC early admission. They just said my application is being reviewed, but no word on interviews yet.

PharmCAS submission: 8/22/14

Supplemental: 8/22/14

Designation: SCCP MUSC campus Early Decision

Interview date: 10/10/14

Interview notification: 9/12/14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also waiting on UIC early admission. They just said my application is being reviewed, but no word on interviews yet.

I haven't even gotten an email that they are reviewing my application, but I am still waiting on a LOR. I did apply early decision, but I'm pretty sure since my professor is taking so long I've lost my chance there. I hope she isn't ruining my chances. I asked for the LOR about 6 months ago, and sent the request on PharmCAS 2 months ago.

I haven't even gotten an email that they are reviewing my application, but I am still waiting on a LOR. I did apply early decision, but I'm pretty sure since my professor is taking so long I've lost my chance there. I hope she isn't ruining my chances. I asked for the LOR about 6 months ago, and sent the request on PharmCAS 2 months ago.

I don't remember if PharmCAS will let you add refs after submission. I would look into it. ALSO they said that they were having trouble with some POP servers filtering out emails. I had a ref not get the request at all and I sent it 4 times. Contact them...only way you will ever know...this is your future. Add a little pressure and it will get done if they really want to help. plus sometimes it just gets forgotten about...nothing wrong with a simple call.

References are one of the few things that can be added, and I have talked to her several times. She said she has the email, and she will work on it. But it still says "new" when I check. I sent her an email the other day that was a little more "firm." Hopefully that helps!

References are one of the few things that can be added, and I have talked to her several times. She said she has the email, and she will work on it. But it still says "new" when I check. I sent her an email the other day that was a little more "firm." Hopefully that helps!

Similar thing happened to me. Turns out 2 of my LOR were submitted but they didn't go through and showed up as new instead of complete. I talked to my professors and they resubmitted. it worked out the second time so let your professor know about it. Its possible that she submitted before and like what happened to me, it didn't go through so she has to check and resubmit.

Are you just applying to in states schools only? Yeah I hate all the supplementals! ): how many did you apply to?

i only applied to UIC for early decision lol. im hoping I only have to do theirs

i only applied to UIC for early decision lol. im hoping I only have to do theirs
same...some of the supplemental applications for the other schools are ridiculously long and complex

Reactions: 1 users
Had my first interview (out of 3 so far) at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science! Went really well! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Any suggestions on how not to be nervous, i'm interviewing at my number one school tomorrow and I'm nothing but nerves!

Any suggestions on how not to be nervous, i'm interviewing at my number one school tomorrow and I'm nothing but nerves!
Before I go to my shifts at the Pharmacy, I do 30 minutes of yoga and it helps calm me down a lot.

Well, although this wasn't my #1 choice, I was still super nervous! For me, I knew that I already had other interviews lined up and that my overall application is killer. I just feel like if they sent you an interview invite, they are interested in you! Especially since these are rolling admission schools, if your the first group to interview it's even better. Just treat it as a conversation with someone. You have conversations with people every day, same thing. As much as it's all about interviewing you, the school for the rest of the day is really about trying to promote the school to you so you will go their school over other programs. Just breathe in, breathe out, and relax! You made it this far, your practically in!