2014-2015 Application Status Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@tylerwayne

Have you been verified, or have your transcripts just been processed? AACPMAS received/processed my last transcript sometime last week, so I'm hoping to be verified sometime after Labor Day.
Submitted 8/6
Transcripts received 8/14
Verified 8/19
Took awhile for the GPA to pop up on my apps. They just did a few days ago

Members don't see this ad.

I believe customer service told me a few weeks ago they aren't going to be doing verifications until the first week of September. I may have misunderstood them but hey if you're verified then congratulations!

I believe customer service told me a few weeks ago they aren't going to be doing verifications until the first week of September. I may have misunderstood them but hey if you're verified then congratulations!
I've learned to take everything from them with a grain of salt haha every time I call or write I get a different response to the same question. Luckily all my stuff went through. How's your process going?

Members don't see this ad :)
My GPAs aren't on there still and my transcript was received 8/15...still not verified as well. I'm expecting it to be verified this week.

I've learned to take everything from them with a grain of salt haha every time I call or write I get a different response to the same question. Luckily all my stuff went through. How's your process going?

My process is going well. I applied the second day however it took awhile for my transcripts to be received. I haven't seen my GPAs yet.. Just waiting on verification at this point.

Did everyone write the personal statement under 500 words even though the maximum word capacity was something like 4500 words this time around?

Yeah, it is 4,500 CHARACTERS not words. 4,500 words would be like a 10 page personal statement. Again, a less than 500 word personal statement would be just a little over one page (about three paragraphs). If you feel that you would be on the balance beam because of your scores and grades it you gotta make sure to use that to wow them. Just my opinion, you gotta WOW them if you are only writing a 1 page reason for them to accept you. Obviously it isn't like the movie 21 where he is in the interview applying to a Harvard or MIT grad school and the person has to have their jaw drop.

I submitted on opening day. Transcripts were processed shortly thereafter. However, I have yet to be verified. For those of you that have already had your gpa recalculated, where did it show up on the portal?

I submitted on opening day. Transcripts were processed shortly thereafter. However, I have yet to be verified. For those of you that have already had your gpa recalculated, where did it show up on the portal?
Go to "manage my programs" > "program status" > click the blue box with a downward arrow which will open your app, scroll down to the gpa portion

@tylerwayne do you suggest calling them or just waiting? Mine still shows no GPAs on the PDF
Calling wont hurt but I'm sure it'll just take time. They said "when you're one of the first to apply it takes awhile for the GPAs to show up" I can't see what the difference is. Sounds like just something they spewed at me to shut me up. I feel like it's probably their new program this year that's holding it up somehow, like a glitch

Finally! Just got an email stating that my coursework was verified and now my GPAs are listed on the PDF. Also, when I look at "Program Status" it says "Verified"! I submitted the first day it opened.

Reactions: 1 user
Finally! Just got an email stating that my coursework was verified and now my GPAs are listed on the PDF. Also, when I look at "Program Status" it says "Verified"! I submitted the first day it opened.

Nice! I submitted on the first day, too. Hopin' to hear back sometime today or later this week.

Members don't see this ad :)

Does it show that AACPMAS received your mcat score?

Does it show that AACPMAS received your mcat score?
Not that I can see on the PDF, I still see "Unofficial MCAT Scores" but it is verified overall so I believe it is complete or maybe that means they don't require MCAT scores to be complete. I'm hoping ii's start coming in because last year they were getting them as early as 8/28 I think.

Are MCAT scores supposed become "official" after they've verified everything else on the application? I sent my scores over two weeks ago and there's still nothing there at the moment.

Congrats man! One step closer! Anyone know when they send them to schools? I've heard every Wednesday? Or is it automatically sent online (should be)? I'm getting anxious! I just want to hear from a school hahaha even a rejection will be semi exciting...as weird as that sounds haha I've just been waiting for this moment for the past 4 years! Hopefully they're all ii's followed by acceptances though hahahaha

Now verified. Hopefully they're sending out a batch of apps tomorrow to schools. I have not seen my official MCAT score pop up yet, just unofficial scores. Can anyone see their official MCAT score on their app yet?

Damn I knew I should have submitted on the first day. Hopefully I'll get verified tomorrow :cool:

If you applied the second day, I am sure you will be with the first batch. Don't worry about it.

I submitted my application August 18th (I sent my MCAT score and transcript in to AACPMAS the week before). I received an email saying that my application had been verified yesterday September 2nd in the late afternoon. My calculated GPAs are finally present but my MCAT score is still only labeled under the unofficial score. I'm wondering when AACPMAS will allow my application to be visible to schools now that my application has been verified?

In case anyone else was wondering when verified apps will be sent I just received this email...
"Thank you for contacting AACPMAS. Mailings are run by around noon EST each Wednesday. Your application should be electronically mailed to your designated program(s) today."

How did you guys know AAMC received your transcripts and MCAT scores? I sent mine 3 weeks ago and nothing has changed on my app...

In case anyone else was wondering when verified apps will be sent I just received this email...
"Thank you for contacting AACPMAS. Mailings are run by around noon EST each Wednesday. Your application should be electronically mailed to your designated program(s) today."
What email address did you use? I don't get a response when I email them.

Just got verified!

Reactions: 3 users
@tylerwayne are they expected to come today?? I'm starting to get very impatient haha

Also, does anyone know if it still needs to say "Mailed" next to each program? Last year's thread said that their application status said "mailed" around now...

Got verified this morning! However, there's no GPA listed for the two schools that I attneded. Anyone else have this problem?

Got verified this morning! However, there's no GPA listed for the two schools that I attneded. Anyone else have this problem?

They didn't list school specific GPAs for me either. They only listed them by subject and class rank.

How did you guys know AAMC received your transcripts and MCAT scores? I sent mine 3 weeks ago and nothing has changed on my app...

They email you when they process your transcripts. I emailed them last week about MCAT scores, and they told me that they " will not begin importing MCAT scores until approximately September 15th".

They email you when they process your transcripts. I emailed them last week about MCAT scores, and they told me that they " will not begin importing MCAT scores until approximately September 15th".

Thank you. Well hopefully I hear back before next Wednesday so my app can get sent off.

When the schools are looking at GPAs, does anyone know if they are looking at the BCP or the overall science GPA? I've been under the impression that all of the statistics use science gpa, but since they calculate both maybe I'm wrong.

When the schools are looking at GPAs, does anyone know if they are looking at the BCP or the overall science GPA? I've been under the impression that all of the statistics use science gpa, but since they calculate both maybe I'm wrong.

I imagine they primary look at your science gpa.

Two interviews so far. :)
What?? Really!? Where!? I feel like a lot of us all applied on opening day and our app was finally just sent out on Wednesday.. How did you manage to get two interviews already?

Oh I see. Thank you. Good luck guys.

Reactions: 2 users
Transcripts received and processed! Finally I was getting nervous. App should be verified now. Haven't gotten home to check on the computer yet.

Transcripts received and processed! Finally I was getting nervous. App should be verified now. Haven't gotten home to check on the computer yet.
I got an email saying that today as well. My status shows that transcripts have arrived but it still says it is being verified. Is that what yours says? Hopefully they will be able to go out Wednesday. Good luck!

I got an email saying that today as well. My status shows that transcripts have arrived but it still says it is being verified. Is that what yours says? Hopefully they will be able to go out Wednesday. Good luck!

Yeah I'm in the exact same boat. Really hoping they go out Wednesday. I'd like to interview soon.
Good luck to you as well!

Happy Sunday, guys! Here's to hoping we get ii's this week!

Reactions: 4 users
So I have a question for you guys who have gone through this process before... How should we be expecting the interview invites? Do they send them via email, snail mail, or do they call you?

So I have a question for you guys who have gone through this process before... How should we be expecting the interview invites? Do they send them via email, snail mail, or do they call you?

from last year's thread they were all sent via email and I think some did snail mail after sending an email

You should expect all interview invites sent via email.

Good luck to all of you. I'm sure the interview invites will start rolling in. I know it's hard not to worry, but really, don't worry. ;)