2014-2015 Application Status Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

footNankle

DMU DPM c/o 2019
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I figured it might be a good idea to have a thread for everyone to keep track of how the schools and AACPMAS are moving along with application season. For now I think the primary thing to keep track of is when AACPMAS received our MCAT scores and transcripts, as well as when our grades get verified. In a month or so we can start keeping track of interviews and acceptances.

Here is my info so far:

MCAT:
Submitted 08/06/2014
Not yet received

All transcripts received as of 8/21

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
MCAT
Sobmitted 08/13/2014
Not yet received

Transcript 1:
Mailed 08/11/2014
Received by AACPMAS 08/15/2014

Edit:

Transcript 2:
Mailed 08/11/2014
Received by AACPMAS on 08/21/2014

Last edited:
C'mon guys I know there's plenty more of you out there! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is my info so far:

MCAT:
Submitted 08/06/2014
Not yet received

Transcript 1:
Mailed: 08/06/2014
Received by AACPMAS: 08/14/2014

Transcript 2:
Mailed: 08/06/2014
Received by AACPMAS: 08/14/2014

They're taking their dear sweet time on those mcat scores.

Does anyone know when we should expect interview invites?! (I applied the first day it was open and they have received my transcript, just waiting for them to upload my MCAT score that was sent in)

Does anyone know when we should expect interview invites?! (I applied the first day it was open and they have received my transcript, just waiting for them to upload my MCAT score that was sent in)

Yes I also applied on the first day, eager to receive my first II!!!

why is that so strange? Like I've always claimed, my beef is with the joke that is the pod school admissions process. I certainly wouldn't mind being a pod physician making 6 figures and working 40 hours a week, sounds good to me!!

why is that so strange? Like I've always claimed, my beef is with the joke that is the pod school admissions process. I certainly wouldn't mind being a pod physician making 6 figures and working 40 hours a week, sounds good to me!!
Ok.... so did you have to retake the MCAT? And what school(s) are you applying to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying to all 9 schools. Retaking the MCAT on September 18.

I'm sure you've looked around enough here on the pre-pod forum to know it's probably a waste of money to apply to all 9 schools, right? As you've pointed out time and time again that it's not hard to get accepted, so why bother wasting your money on all 9 schools? Why not pick your top 4 or 5 and just go with those?

I'm sure you've looked around enough here on the pre-pod forum to know it's probably a waste of money to apply to all 9 schools, right? As you've pointed out time and time again that it's not hard to get accepted, so why bother wasting your money on all 9 schools? Why not pick your top 4 or 5 and just go with those?

good point, is there an official list of pod school rankings? I would like to attend the pod school that gives me the highest chance of matching into a residency. I also want to do a F&A fellowship after the residency.

Could you perhaps tell me the top 5 schools? I will apply to those.

good point, is there an official list of pod school rankings? I would like to attend the pod school that gives me the highest chance of matching into a residency. I also want to do a F&A fellowship after the residency.

Could you perhaps tell me the top 5 schools? I will apply to those.
There is not an official pod school ranking and it is all relevant to what you want out of your education. But if you did based the ranking off the following criteria: first time pass rate on boards, residency match rate, attrition rate, and class size. Hands down, it will be DMU. You can confirm through this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/podiatry-school-outcomes-revealed.1092849/

Reactions: 1 user
@SkipJunior like 3 days ago you wrote nasty and demoralizing things in every podiatry thread. Now you're suddenly applying to pod schools?

Wat?

What you said was not sarcasm. Maybe if you said all that stuff in one post and in that post you complemented podiatry, but all you did was make podiatry sound like was up there with being a cashier at a McDonald's.

You have 90 comments in 5 days and I bet the first 50 of those were you making podiatry sound like the biggest POS career ever. If you want any real responses from people on this forum my advice would be to stop using your "SkipJunior" username and get a new one because most of us will remember that you are the pr*** that acted like he was better than everybody in podiatry. Just my advice!

Reactions: 1 users
  • I stand by most of what I said. Even @PsychPod (one of the leaders of the podiatry forum) agrees with me that pod school admissions is a joke. He stated it himself in one of his posts. I did make some immature comments in the rejection thread which is why I've asked the mods several times to delete that thread. I'm not sure why they are not deleting it.
My father and brother are podiatrists and I'm applying to pod school. I will defend the reputation of podiatry with my very life. However I'm also realistic enough to note that pod admissions is a joke, which I would like to be corrected.

Second, if I truly wanted to put down podiatry and compare it to jobs in McDonalds, I would have spread slander in non-podiatry forums (MD, DO, Dental, PT, Optometry). Places were there wouldn't be people knowledgeable enough in podiatry to challenge me.

So you attend DMU right?

Yes. You may think I'm biased because I attend DMU, but given those criteria (first time pass rate on boards, residency match rate, attrition rate, and class size), can you come up with a different school? Even if you throw out class size, which was something I was concerned with, you would still find DMU at the top. I'm not saying the other schools aren't great and as I said before, ranking of schools depends on what you want out of your education so take everything I've said with a grain of salt. There is no one true "top" school. I was simply outlining my strategy when I went through this application process and how I came about choosing the school I attend now.

However I'm also realistic enough to note that pod admissions is a joke, which I would like to be corrected.

Didn't you say in another thread that you're in a lot of debt with very little chance of getting into even a GP residency because you're a Carribbean MD student? In what universe is it a logical decision to take on even *more* debt on top of the debt you already have now? Like...what?

Didn't you say in another thread that you're in a lot of debt with very little chance of getting into even a GP residency because you're a Carribbean MD student? In what universe is it a logical decision to take on even *more* debt on top of the debt you already have now? Like...what?

more debt I can deal with, not having a proper job...I can't deal with that

Just received my first II from Barry!! So excited!! We can do this guys!! Who knows, 30 years from now, everyone in this thread can meet up at a fancy beachside resort, sip champagne and reminisce on our life as pods!! Yeahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Just received my first II from Barry!! So excited!! We can do this guys!! Who knows, 30 years from now, everyone in this thread can meet up at a fancy beachside resort, sip champagne and reminisce on our life as pods!! Yeahhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Congrats on II

Well congrats on the interview, however I was under the impression that no applications were going to be verified until the first week of September..?? Can anyone comment on this?

sorry false alarm. Barry sent me the email by mistake. They called me and told me very apologetically that they are not sending II so soon. So no need to panic guys.

sorry false alarm. Barry sent me the email by mistake. They called me and told me very apologetically that they are not sending II so soon. So no need to panic guys.

I'm fairly convinced he's a troll. I have no doubt he attended the Caribbean school and is currently at a loss for what to do and drowning in debt. But according to him, he is very against pretty much everything podiatry, beginning with the admissions process. All of a sudden, he's absolutely 1oo% for it, knowing that certain schools might get him a certain paycheck. Something feels off. And te whole Barry II thing is BS, either to make himself look good or otherwise.

Reactions: 3 users
If @SkipJunior wants any solid responses to his questions or for any of the people here to take him serious he needs to get a new user name. Everybody here already knows he is a troll. Lets just report the crap out of his posts.

Wait, I am about 90% sure that I read the 2014-2015 application book and that pod schools don't have secondaries/II's. Correct me if I am wrong... It just doesn't sound like anything I have heard of in the past.

Wait, I am about 90% sure that I read the 2014-2015 application book and that pod schools don't have secondaries/II's. Correct me if I am wrong... It just doesn't sound like anything I have heard of in the past.

They don't have secondaries but they do require interviews on campus and they send out invites for those.

From what I have read they offer interviews without even receiving letters or MCAT scores

okay, so how does this work? Even if you have a 3 on the MCAT and horrible LORs, you receive a II? Will they later rescind the II if your stats are not good enough?

okay, so how does this work? Even if you have a 3 on the MCAT and horrible LORs, you receive a II? Will they later rescind the II if your stats are not good enough?
I'm not sure if that is the norm, but I think they rely a lot on the interview to determine if the applicant is a good fit.

From what I have read they offer interviews without even receiving letters or MCAT scores
Your GPA needs to be verified before they offer anything. Some schools will offer interviews without the MCAT if your GPA is decent, otherwise they will just wait until you have your MCAT score. Most schools want your letters to be in by interview day although a few schools won't consider it complete until your letters are all in.

Barry University has been one of the schools that will offer you an interview acceptance without an MCAT score and probably barely looking at your transcripts and personal statement. They are my second choice behind Kent State when I end up applying. I do think a reason for why they do that is that they KNOW the word on the street is they have one of the worst stats for passing boards and residency placement among the podiatry schools so they want these applicants to think that Barry was the first school to be interested. Get these applicants to interview quickly so you can give the best applicants a scholarship offer before anybody else has even interviewed them. At least that is the way I would look at their strategy.

Barry University has been one of the schools that will offer you an interview acceptance without an MCAT score and probably barely looking at your transcripts and personal statement. They are my second choice behind Kent State when I end up applying. I do think a reason for why they do that is that they KNOW the word on the street is they have one of the worst stats for passing boards and residency placement among the podiatry schools so they want these applicants to think that Barry was the first school to be interested. Get these applicants to interview quickly so you can give the best applicants a scholarship offer before anybody else has even interviewed them. At least that is the way I would look at their strategy.
Barry has superior pass rates to NYCPM, CSPM, Scholl, Western, and Kent for first time takers of Part I and II and superior Part II pass rates than DMU for first time takers (pass rates are all from a three year average). Temple and Midwestern haven't seemed to post their numbers yet. The slander against Barry is starting to get a bit ridiculous on this board, it's like people are so willing to be brainwashed that they will believe whatever garbage gets posted on here without even questioning it. The facts are all out there now, go read them.

As for residency placement numbers, according to the outcomes posted Barry's appears to be lower but a lot of the numbers I'm seeing don't really make any sense. Some of these schools are posting abnormally high residency placement percentages that don't correlate with their own pass rates or graduation rates. How some of these schools are arriving to their conclusions concerning residency placement I have no clue, but what you can't argue with is board pass rates. Just cold hard numbers and Barry is at the top there. Some of these schools are making me laugh by writing all these essays on their outcome pages trying to justify their numbers with excuses while Barry just lists out the numbers and say nothing else.

Last edited:
Wanted to bump this thread and hope that it doesn't fade away due to the previous trolling. I'm curious to hear everyone's progress.
I've been verified for two weeks but still not a peep from schools. Hoping to at least hear something soon..

@tylerwayne

Have you been verified, or have your transcripts just been processed? AACPMAS received/processed my last transcript sometime last week, so I'm hoping to be verified sometime after Labor Day.

I'm fairly certain no one has been verified yet.. I believe they aren't going to do any verifications until this next week at the earliest.

Did everyone write the personal statement under 500 words even though the maximum word capacity was something like 4500 words this time around?

Filled out the app on 8/6, transcripts were received and processed about a week later. I'm still waiting my cGPA/sGPA/MCAT to show up my app and waiting for verification.

Also...the customer service told me that they send out the verified applications to schools once a week on Wednesdays.

Did everyone write the personal statement under 500 words even though the maximum word capacity was something like 4500 words this time around?

Filled out the app on 8/6, transcripts were received and processed about a week later. I'm still waiting my cGPA/sGPA/MCAT to show up my app and waiting for verification.

Also...the customer service told me that they send out the verified applications to schools once a week on Wednesdays.

The limit is 4500 characters, not words. I think mine ended up being around 4000.

I'm fairly certain no one has been verified yet.. I believe they aren't going to do any verifications until this next week at the earliest.
I most certainly have been verified. I sent everything the first day. I've been verified awhile but my GPAs weren't showing up on my app for about a week. They finally did though.