2014-2015 Application Status Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you guys think it's too late to apply this cycle?
As long as your stats are decent, it's not too late.

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your stats are decent, it's not too late.
Well, I have a 3.2 cgpa, 3.0 sgpa, and 27 MCAT. I'm hoping I can get into dmu or scholl because I've heard great things about both schools. But it seems like a fair number of you guys have already gotten acceptances so I'm wondering if I shouldn't apply next year to boost my chances. Btw, congrats to everyone heading to pod school next year.

Is there any threads for accepted students at Temple? I just got accepted to Temple and thats my #1 choice! I also got accepted to CSPM, DMU, and KSUPM. I'm in a masters program and haven't submitted any letters of recommendation so the other schools are waiting for these things. However, I'm going to cancel my other interviews because I'm going to Temple!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I have a 3.2 cgpa, 3.0 sgpa, and 27 MCAT. I'm hoping I can get into dmu or scholl because I've heard great things about both schools. But it seems like a fair number of you guys have already gotten acceptances so I'm wondering if I shouldn't apply next year to boost my chances. Btw, congrats to everyone heading to pod school next year.

With that MCAT, IMHO you'll be fine at most if not all of the schools.

Quick question about copying your personal statement into the AACPMAS essay section. Did you guys just copy and paste from word? I don't know how the format turns out so I currently just have it as one big paragraph. Did any of you put indents/new paragraphs in the online input box?

Although I might be asking the same question as @Mr. Podder, is it late too late to apply now?
I also have couple of other questions..1. Did everyone here who have applied to Pod schools, shadowed a podiatrist? Because I have shadowed other physicians (neurologist and pulmonologist) and not a podiatrist yet.
2. What if I applied between Jan-Feb and not have my MCAT scores yet? Unfortunately, I will be taking the new one in April 2014..
I would really appreciate your time and help!

Although I might be asking the same question as @Mr. Podder, is it late too late to apply now?
I also have couple of other questions..1. Did everyone here who have applied to Pod schools, shadowed a podiatrist? Because I have shadowed other physicians (neurologist and pulmonologist) and not a podiatrist yet.
2. What if I applied between Jan-Feb and not have my MCAT scores yet? Unfortunately, I will be taking the new one in April 2014..

I can help you with question 1. Yes, you must shadow a podiatrist because a LOR from one is required for almost all schools. I think some have applied without a letter and eventually submitted it later.

Last edited:
Quick question about copying your personal statement into the AACPMAS essay section. Did you guys just copy and paste from word? I don't know how the format turns out so I currently just have it as one big paragraph. Did any of you put indents/new paragraphs in the online input box?

I wrote my essay in Word and then copied it to a Text Document. According to one of my computer science friends, that should remove the Word formatting and you can copy and paste it from the text document to the application system with no problem. Word is helpful to make sure you are within the character count. I had mine in separate paragraphs.

Reactions: 1 users
I can help you with question 1. Yes, you must shadow a podiatrist because a LOR from one is required for almost all schools. I think some have applied without a letter and eventually submitted it later.

Thanks @Kate2 :)

1. you MUST shadow a podiatrist
2. that is really late to take the MCAT. Can you take it any sooner? With a April date you won't get your score until May, which is pretty late. You'll probably get a seat in the bigger schools but all the smaller ones will probably be full by then.

You will be fine. Just make sure you shadow a podiatrist.

1. you MUST shadow a podiatrist
2. that is really late to take the MCAT. Can you take it any sooner? With a April date you won't get your score until May, which is pretty late. You'll probably get a seat in the bigger schools but all the smaller ones will probably be full by then.

The first new MCAT is on April 14th. So, I have no other option but to take it then unfortunately. Since you say it might be too late, I shall just apply for the next cycle and use this time to make my stats better because I will be applying as a F1 (international) student, although I have done my high school and undergrad here.

Anyone here know about previous F1 applicants?

Thanks a lot peeps! :D

Submitted: 12/1
Verified: 12/4

1 interview/ 3 on hold for MCAT score/ waiting to hear back from 2

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to DMU!! Interview at Kent tomorrow and Temple friday!

Update:

I interviewed at 7 schools, and received acceptances to each school with gracious scholarship offers. I cancelled my last two interviews. It has been difficult determining where to submit my acceptance deposit. The 7 schools I visited had solid podiatric programs and I would've been proud to attend any one of them. However, after a stressful few weeks of contemplation, I've accepted a seat at WesternU.

I'm grateful for this forum, as you all have been extremely helpful. I look forward to starting this journey with all of you in the fall!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Invited to all 9, interviewing at 7 (All except Scholl and Barry), only 1 more interview left to go (NYC). Been accepted to 4 so far, waiting to here back soon from the other 2. Can already tell this is going to be a very tough decision! Each school has its pros and cons

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys!
So first post on SDN, but I just sent in my application today for Temple and Barry. Cumulative GPA around 3.6 and sGPA around 3.3 ish (honestly haven't calculated them in a while...waiting on everything to be verified) and 22 on MCAT (awful...retaking it in january).
I am former military, a former teacher, and currently working on a postbacc.
I really thought that I wantes to go MD, but I don't like having the uncertainty of not knowing my specialty from the beginning. I love orthopedics and I am a total klutz, so I've had a great deal of experience with orthos and podiatrists.
Anyways, I am hoping that my transceipts get in this week and that I will possibly get verified before everyone leaves for Christmas break, but I think that is wishful thinking.

Verified recently and just got interviews for NYCPM and Kent! Fingers crossed for more in the upcoming days.

Edit: just got AZPOD :) woohooo!

Edit 2: Just got Temple! Hoping for a California school next.

Last edited:
Verified recently and just got interviews for NYCPM and Kent! Fingers crossed for more in the upcoming days.

Edit: just got AZPOD :) woohooo!

How long did it take you to get verified after submitting all of your transcripts?

How long did it take you to get verified after submitting all of your transcripts?
The longest part was waiting for my transcripts to get mailed and to arrive. Once they told me they had received them, it took 3 days to get verified.

The longest part was waiting for my transcripts to get mailed and to arrive. Once they told me they had received them, it took 3 days to get verified.
Thanks for that.
I have credits from 5 different colleges, so I am not-so-patiently waiting for all of them to be sent. I guess ordering them right before the end of the semester was also a poor choice on my part.

Just submitted my app the end of december. Sent my transcripts on jan 2nd, still not arrived. But here are my stats
3.3 cumulative
32 MCAT
shadowed 3 podiatrists
hospital emergency room volunteer
research-recently got published

I applied to all of them but arizona and kent.
Just wanted to see what my chances were because its taking so long for aacpmas to receive my transcripts

thankyou!

Just submitted my app the end of december. Sent my transcripts on jan 2nd, still not arrived. But here are my stats
3.3 cumulative
32 MCAT
shadowed 3 podiatrists

Just wanted to see what my chances were because its taking so long for aacpmas to receive my transcripts

thankyou!

What's your sGPA? I'm assuming it's decent since you have such a high MCAT. I think you're good to go regardless at pretty much all the schools.

3.3 cumulative
32 MCAT
shadowed 3 podiatrists

thankyou!
You're good.

You can look at the What are my chances thread to get an idea of other applicant stats.

For those who applied to Barry, how long did it take after receiving their email "BUSPM Application Received" did you get an interview invite?

People that interviewed at TUSPM, how was it??

People that interviewed at TUSPM, how was it??
At the top of the page there is a tab that says "interview feedback" which will give you a lot of information about the interview process at each school.