2014-2015 Application Status Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
However, I believe the last group who interviewed on Oct. 15 has yet to hear back regarding their status so I suspect those numbers will be closer to 16-17/28 which seems to be a pretty good acceptance rate.

This is true. I interviewed on the 15th and haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping to hear back today (10 business days). I'm really leaning towards Scholl at this point, assuming I get in.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is true. I interviewed on the 15th and haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping to hear back today (10 business days). I'm really leaning towards Scholl at this point, assuming I get in.

Same. Honestly I was expecting to hear back yesterday so I was really disappointed when I didn't.

Fingers crossed it's good news today.

Reactions: 1 users
The ticket prices doubled while I was debating whether to interview at DMU (lack of diversity/weather/relatively far from home) so I'm just going to go ahead & postpone it to December.....If I don't get accepted at either one of the Cali schools then I will get ahead & book a flight to Des Moines.

One thing to consider when buying online flights is that they log cookies and will jack up the prices the second time you visit the site. Try searching again from a private/incognito window.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same. Honestly I was expecting to hear back yesterday so I was really disappointed when I didn't.

Fingers crossed it's good news today.

Me too. I'm stalking my email. Are you leaning towards Scholl too?

Me too. I'm stalking my email. Are you leaning towards Scholl too?

Yeah I will definitely attend Scholl if I'm accepted.

I thought waiting for MCAT scores was bad. This is 10x worse haha.

I interviewed at Scholl yesterday. It was a really good experience. Everyone was really nice and it was great getting to know some of my fellow interviewees. The interview itself was pretty relaxed but obviously they did talk a little about my application. Also, some of the numbers we were given: minus our group of 10 interviewees, 28 others have interviewed there so far this year. 12 acceptance offers have gone out and 1 person has accepted so far. So, 12/28 people who interviewed there were excepted. However, I believe the last group who interviewed on Oct. 15 has yet to hear back regarding their status so I suspect those numbers will be closer to 16-17/28 which seems to be a pretty good acceptance rate. Also, their class size is capped at 98 but for the past few years they've only been taking 94 to accommodate those students who take a leave of absence. Overall it was a really positive experience and I really hope to be able to go there next year.

Were you in the dining hall for lunch? I saw a bunch of interviewees, but can never tell if its for the MD program or DPM. You're making an excellent choice but I am bias since I attend scholl.

Last edited:
I submitted my app oct 19 but it isn't verified yet. sGPA 3.3 cGPA 3.7 post bacc GPA 3.4 mcat 20 anyone with similar stats get accepted or denied?

I submitted my app oct 19 but it isn't verified yet. sGPA 3.3 cGPA 3.7 post bacc GPA 3.4 mcat 20 anyone with similar stats get accepted or denied?
You're good.
There's another thread for this though..

Accepted CSPM!!
Still have other interviews to attend though. But I really liked the school a lot. Only thing holding me back is the cost of living.. Tough decisions ahead!

Congrats to everyone so far and wishing continued good luck to all of us!!!

Accepted to NYCPM! :soexcited:
So incredibly happy and excited to start this journey.

Interviewed on 10/23
Accepted on 10/29

Reactions: 3 users
Were you in the dining hall for lunch? I saw a bunch of interviewees, but can never tell if its for the MD program or DPM. You're making an excellent choice but I am bias since I attend scholl.

Last edited:
Accepted to NYCPM! :):soexcited:

Interview: 10/22/2014
Acceptance: 10/29/2014

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to Temple (interview: 10/17; acceptance: 10/28) & CSPM (interview: 10/24; acceptance: 10/30)!

Woohoo! Good luck everyone! I'm most likely choosing NYCPM but I'm a little torn between there and CSPM due to more scholarship money there...but it seems to be more expensive there anyways...anyone else in a similar boat?

Accepted to Temple (interview: 10/17; acceptance: 10/28) & CSPM (interview: 10/24; acceptance: 10/30)!

Woohoo! Good luck everyone! I'm most likely choosing NYCPM but I'm a little torn between there and CSPM due to more scholarship money there...but it seems to be more expensive there anyways...anyone else in a similar boat?

I wouldn't worry about scholarship money that much. If I was in your boat, I would pick the school that has the better program and prepares you better for the boards. In the end, I rather have a program that prepares me enough that I can get a residency in any place that I want.

I wouldn't worry about scholarship money that much. If I was in your boat, I would pick the school that has the better program and prepares you better for the boards. In the end, I rather have a program that prepares me enough that I can get a residency in any place that I want.

Thanks for the input! I definitely think both programs would prepare me, however, NYCPM seemed like a better fit for me and with their 1st time board pass rate at 92% and 2nd time at 100% and 100% residency placement (not to mention the super busy clinic)--I think I'm going to go with them. Now to just finally commit and send in my deposit!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the input! I definitely think both programs would prepare me, however, NYCPM seemed like a better fit for me and with their 1st time board pass rate at 92% and 2nd time at 100% and 100% residency placement (not to mention the super busy clinic)--I think I'm going to go with them. Now to just finally commit and send in my deposit!
Sounds like you made a solid decision. Best of luck fellow colleague!

Accepted to Scholl!

Interviewed 10/15
Accepted 10/30

Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted to Scholl!

Interviewed 10/15
Accepted 10/30

Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up!

congrats! did they call or email to notify you of the acceptance? I'm hoping to hear back from them soon; interviewed on the 22nd.

Both AzAg and I interviewed on the 15th and were emailed today of our decisions.

Just sent in my deposit. I'm going to DMU next Fall!!

Reactions: 8 users
I have a question, not sure if this is the right forum. When completing the AACPMAS application, how important is the personal statement essay? Does it need to be competed before you submit the entire application to schools?

I have a question, not sure if this is the right forum. When completing the AACPMAS application, how important is the personal statement essay? Does it need to be competed before you submit the entire application to schools?
I don't really have anything to back this but I feel that it's a pretty essential aspect of your application. It's the part of your application that lets them know who you are and why you want to be a podiatrist. It's a very short essay, honestly the hardest part for me was making it short enough. I would definitely try to include it ASAP. I've seen posts of people being placed on hold due to missing LORs so I certainly wouldn't do anything that would hold up my app any longer as it's getting later in the cycle

I personally think it's a big deal. Can you even submit the application without your personal statement? If you can, all you're sending them is your grades, extracurriculars, and achievements. That's it. The school will see those but will question, "we don't even know why he/she wants to attend podiatry school." The point of the personal statement is to explain to them why you want to be a podiatrist and incite them to give you an interview. It is a way for you to stand out. I am not bashing you or anything, but pointing out how important it is. Delayed LoR's, they can understand due to events outside your control once you asked for it, but a delayed personal statement? I just don't know what will happen. Also, don't rush it and give it your all. You only have one application for this cycle.

A personal statement is to explain why exactly you want to go into podiatry. So yeah it is kinda essential to an admissions committee on whether you are worthy of a spot or not. Like PrePodDoc stated, a late LOR is understandable because it isn't you the one that is writing it, it is someone else. For the personal statement on the other hand, if you don't have it ready then that could show to a school that you have podiatry as a backup plan. At least that is how I would see it. It would not be smart to accept an interview invite (if they even offer you one) without a personal statement because based on my friends who have applied to DO and MD schools the committee during their interview used some stuff from their personal statement in the interview.

And based on a quick look at seeing your comment on the NYCPM I am taking a guess that you have been a pre-DO or MD student during undergrad and now are realizing that you need a backup plan and that is why you have looked into podiatry school. No problem with that at all, but hopefully you have actually shadowed a podiatrist.

My app was completed on oct. 30. I know it says it may take up to avg 4 weeks to be completely verified what's usual response time with you guys

Hey guys, I just had my interview at Scholl and its been about just shy of two weeks. Does anyone have experience, on whether they hold true to the max of 10 business days? I'm curious as it's my first choice and I have another interview at temple this Friday, and If i was considered for acceptance I would love to save the travel costs lol. Thank you

Hey guys, I just had my interview at Scholl and its been about just shy of two weeks. Does anyone have experience, on whether they hold true to the max of 10 business days? I'm curious as it's my first choice and I have another interview at temple this Friday, and If i was considered for acceptance I would love to save the travel costs lol. Thank you

I heard back around 2:00pm on the 11th day

I heard back around 2:00pm on the 11th day
Thank you, I appreciate the input! I'll try to keep my anxiety to a minimum in case the 10th day doesn't give response xD.

Thank you, I appreciate the input! I'll try to keep my anxiety to a minimum in case the 10th day doesn't give response xD.

Yeah I was really disappointed when I didn't hear back on the 10th day. Try to not stalk your email like I did.

Best of luck! I will be attending Scholl in the fall!

I can't believe how hard this decision is. I think I have made up my mind, and then it changes.

Which programs are you deciding between?

I'm trying to decide between Scholl and DMU. I thought I had it figured out, and then I started second-guessing myself. Any advice or insight would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide between Scholl and DMU. I thought I had it figured out, and then I started second-guessing myself. Any advice or insight would be appreciated!

What is most important for you in terms of your experience at the school? Both schools are great, and your success will depend more on the work you put into your education than the minor differences provided by the schools.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to choose Scholl. I just got a scholarship offer of $5k this afternoon.

Reactions: 3 users
I just received my letter of acceptance for Scholl today! :) yay. Does anyone know how I can find out if I received any scholarships? for those who have received them?

Just put down deposit for Scholl. They just now sent me a scholarship offer 2 weeks after acceptance. $12k woo
So did you receive any scholarship offers in your acceptance or was it only offered after you placed down a deposit? In my acceptance letter there wasn't any reference to scholarship, and I'm just curious if that means I'm just out of the runnning lol. Thank you!

I just received my letter of acceptance for Scholl today! :) yay. Does anyone know how I can find out if I received any scholarships? for those who have received them?

Congrats!

I received my acceptance last Thursday and got a second email today.

There was no reference in my letter either. I e-mailed and never got an answer back. 2 weeks later i got the scholarship offer.. Not sure what kind of show their trying to run lol but I could have accepted an offer from a different school solely due to scholarship money and then received theirs.. Glad i was going there anyways
Thank you! Yeah I'm surprised that they don't include it in the letter, but that gives me hope then! Thanks again :)

Did those of you who received scholarship offers from scholl write the "optional diversity statement" they requested?

My app was completed on oct. 30. I know it says it may take up to avg 4 weeks to be completely verified what's usual response time with you guys
mine took about 2 wks, then there was an issue with one of my transcripts so that added on another week for me :/

Did those of you who received scholarship offers from scholl write the "optional diversity statement" they requested?

I wrote the diversity statement. Not sure how much weight they put on it though.

congrats! When did you interview? Still waiting to hear back from them.
I interviewed on Oct 22nd, and yeah they waited till the 9th business day from my interview to respond. It sorta racks on the nerves a bit lol.