2014-15 PM&R Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heh, my rejections are always in duplicate too.

Members don't see this ad.

I was just rejected from RIC...again. Dr. Sliwa wanted to get the point across. :)

Oh god.

I didn't actually say the whole story of what happened to me with their invite. I got a message first saying Congrats! you've been invited...then 5 minutes later I got a rejection email....then 5 minutes later I got an email saying please disregard that rejection email. A lot of highs and lows that day! Clearly they need to work on their e-communication.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean "wanted to get the point across"?

That I was rejected...

of course I am joking. It was an automated message signed by Dr. Sliwa.

Last edited:
Just got duplicate rejection for RIC as well. I guess they REALLY don't want me? Ha, laughed a little bit at that one after I got over the disappointment. Again.

Oh god.

I didn't actually say the whole story of what happened to me with their invite. I got a message first saying Congrats! you've been invited...then 5 minutes later I got a rejection email....then 5 minutes later I got an email saying please disregard that rejection email. A lot of highs and lows that day! Clearly they need to work on their e-communication.

Don't leave us in suspense... You got the interview then, right??

I just went back and read some earlier posts. I haven't gotten a rejection or a further eval from Georgetown... They just forgot about me...

Don't leave us in suspense... You got the interview then, right??

Yeah I did! I called after the third email and was able to schedule it. Although maybe they just felt bad for me and let me have it...

Is anyone able to switch interview dates at Baylor Houston? My current date is on January 16th, 2015. PM if so

Buddy just got waitlisted at Sinai. I haven't heard back from them...so a no answer may be a rejection for that program.

Members don't see this ad :)
No-Reply, a friend...
Which has turned its back on me...
Now my en-e-my

o_O

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Just got duplicate rejection for RIC as well. I guess they REALLY don't want me? Ha, laughed a little bit at that one after I got over the disappointment. Again.

Haha yeah, double rejection from RIC as well. Actually got 5 rejection emails from a prelim in one day. Kinda funny... kinda sad... ;)

Stanford invite here as well!!!! OMG!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!

Reactions: 2 users
So, whole time I thought I got rejected from Stanford (weeks back). Turns out I got rejected for their prelim program lol. Just got an invite from Stanford

Also just got Stanford! also pumped! Only 3 dates - 1/5, 1/9 and 1/10.

Stanford here as well :)
Interesting, as I had finally caved and emailed them about the status of my application a few hours prior to that.

Haha yeah, double rejection from RIC as well. Actually got 5 rejection emails from a prelim in one day. Kinda funny... kinda sad... ;)

Jesus these people need to get it together.
No-Reply, a friend...
Which has turned its back on me...
Now my en-e-my

o_O

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Do I need to be worried about you?

Also just got Stanford! also pumped! Only 3 dates - 1/5, 1/9 and 1/10.
Wow the flights are so expensive, it would cost me a grand to get out there for two days! I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to make it for this reason...

Reactions: 1 users
Jesus these people need to get it together.

Do I need to be worried about you?

:) not at all. I'm pretty content with my 10 interview visits and two wait lists. Interviews are going well I think. If you told me at the end of the process that I would had what I have, I would have been estatic.

It would be nice if the invite process was more organized. I never thought I would encounter a process more complicated and random than dating...but boy I was wrong.

The process essentially forces you to develop an obsession and compulsion over checking you email. The anxiety is actual less early in the process when you are naive to the way many programs operate. Then you come across the first program that offers more invitations than they have interview spots. You're busy with life and get back to them an hour or two later, only to find that you are now wait listed. That feeds the compulsion out of fear of missing out again.

That compulsion early in the process is more often than not satisfied because that is when more invites are being offered than rejections.

But then comes November and process comes to the crawl, but you still feel obligated to frequently check your email to ensure you don't get burned again.

Then you enter December...the season of even more rejections and even worse...waitlist invites. At this point PCs are trying to fill cancelled spots and will invite multiple applicants for one open spot. The guy with the easiest 4th year rotation wins.

There really has to be a better way for this to work that is more organized and civil.

Reactions: 1 users
:) not at all. I'm pretty content with my 10 interview visits and two wait lists. Interviews are going well I think. If you told me at the end of the process that I would had what I have, I would have been estatic.

It would be nice if the invite process was more organized. I never thought I would encounter a process more complicated and random than dating...but boy I was wrong.

The process essentially forces you to develop an obsession and compulsion over checking you email. The anxiety is actual less early in the process when you are naive to the way many programs operate. Then you come across the first program that offers more invitations than they have interview spots. You're busy with life and get back to them an hour or two later, only to find that you are now wait listed. That feeds the compulsion out of fear of missing out again.

That compulsion early in the process is more often than not satisfied because that is when more invites are being offered than rejections.

But then comes November and process comes to the crawl, but you still feel obligated to frequently check your email to ensure you don't get burned again.

Then you enter December...the season of even more rejections and even worse...waitlist invites. At this point PCs are trying to fill cancelled spots and will invite multiple applicants for one open spot. The guy with the easiest 4th year rotation wins.

There really has to be a better way for this to work that is more organized and civil.

This is poetry.

Couldn't agree more. It's especially hard when the program's you really like are sending invites out so late and then also have 3 dates.

I agree with j4pac...I am choosing to go on less interviews, because I feel very confident (and have done auditions) at the programs I am interviewing. Simply put: quality >quantity. Also I am not applying to "top tier" programs.

UCI is the one and only program I applied to that requires a USMLE. I don't have one...but applied anyway because I love Long Beach. I highly doubt I get an invite.

I have yet to get a single invite west of Texas.

I knew I shouldn't have allowed my parents to uproot me from the LBC 20 years ago.

Hey guys, hope the season is treating you well. Just wanted to ask again about potential swapping of interview dates. Anyone have New York Medical College, University of Louisville, Albert Einstein,SUNY Upstate, or Kingsbrook Medical Center and you want to trade dates? Thanks guys/gals.

Emailed Penn earlier in the week, just got an invite out of it. Only offered me Dec 1st....

Anybody know what time the interview day starts?

Last edited:
Emailed Penn earlier in the week, just got an invite out of it. Only offered me Dec 1st....

Anybody know what time the interview day starts?
8:00 until about 1:30/2:00. With a social the night before (4:30-7:00) that is awesome.

8:00 until about 1:30/2:00. With a social the night before (4:30-7:00) that is awesome.

Thanks much! I'm gonna make it work.

Also just got UCIrvine, I won't be able to make it, only dates are Dec 1,8,15, too short notice for me. Hope one of you gets it!

Officially heard from 26/26 now, very glad this phase is over!!

Does anyone know what the Rutgers interview schedule looks like? Thanks!!

As an update: I inquired about my application status to Carolinas, Colorado, and UAB...three programs high on my list that I hadn't heard back from.

Carolina- This AM the PC sent a very nice email to me explaining that all of their interview spots were filled and good luck in the future. I'm taking that as a rejection. So if you haven't heard back from Carolinas you are either waitlisted or rejected.

Colorado- Very polite email from PC stating that they are still reviewing applications and they will get back within the week.

UAB- TBD

Colorado rejection. Another polite email from PC stating that this is the most competitive year for PM&R ever...good luck.

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone had any recs on which hotel to stay at when interviewing at Kessler?

To clarify that: what the interview day and night before looks like as far as the schedule

There is nothing the night before. The interview day is very typical. I think it starts at 8, you have a presentation with the PD, and then 3, 30 minute interviews 2 with attendings, 1 with resident. Lunch is scattered between your interviews, and then you go on a tour. I think we were done around 2.