2014-15 PM&R Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LOL. I tried yesterday and they told me "No way, Jose!" I am tempted to try again today.

Addendum: I'm going to Medical Disneyworld!

the exact quote is "Disney World for Doctors". Now go celebrate!!!

Members don't see this ad.

LOL. I tried yesterday and they told me "No way, Jose!" I am tempted to try again today.

Addendum: I'm going to Medical Disneyworld!
Yeah wait did they tell you??

I know they will tell students who matched advanced and didn't match prelim what city they matched into for the advanced spot, I didn't think that they would tell people who completely matched. But did they tell you??

And Did you seriously get mayo?!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah wait did they tell you??

I know they will tell students who matched advanced and didn't match prelim what city they matched into for the advanced spot, I didn't think that they would tell people who completely matched. But did they tell you??

And Did you seriously get mayo?!!!

I matched to a program in Rochester, MN... :)

Proof positive that if you want something...go for it. Mayo was far and away my #1 entering the process...and the interview blew me away. I didn't get an invitation there...but I wasn't rejected. I asked the PC for an interview...they reviewed my packet and told me that they wanted to interview me but didn't have enough spaces...and they told me that they had a space available two days from now. I cancelled an interview to Kansas (another program I was looking forward to seeing)...bought a ticket...and I was off to Rochester. I felt like I interviewed strongly...enough for them to overlook my scores apparently (I honestly have average scores and very little research...but a very good LOR, work experience, and personal statement).

So for future applicants...if you really want to go somewhere and are in invitation limbo...request an invitation to the PC. Don't ask about your status...explain that you are very interested in the program and would love to interview if a spot opens. If I wouldn't have...I would not have matched to Mayo today.

And for future military applicants...there is no way in a million years that I would have matched to Mayo without my Fleet experience.

Reactions: 4 users
i just tried calling nrmp to find the city/state of where i matched...to no avail haha

:rofl:

Nice try. Hopefully you land Mayo...but what can I say...I'm selfish.

Reactions: 1 user
@j4pac congrats on the match though, truly happy for you and your story is absolutely inspirational. i hope i can experience what you're experiencing on friday! i went through similar circumstances with spaulding and northwestern. i was only offered interviews after i called and expressed interest in those programs

While that is awsome, I think that that is more the exception than the rule. Many people express interest in certain programs to never get contacted or invited. It's sort of like the people who talk about Mark Zuckerberg and say that if you drop out of Harvard you will be a billionaire.

Not to say that it doesn't happen, but it's more exception than rule. I had the same situation with Mayo - not rejected, not invited when I applied. I called and they gave me the same story - would like to IV you but no spots. But then they ran out of IV days despite calling and me being on the alternate list. So sometimes it works out but it many times doesn't. Just saying.

Congrats on your match.

Proof positive that if you want something...go for it. Mayo was far and away my #1 entering the process...and the interview blew me away. I didn't get an invitation there...but I wasn't rejected. I asked the PC for an interview...they reviewed my packet and told me that they wanted to interview me but didn't have enough spaces...and they told me that they had a space available two days from now. I cancelled an interview to Kansas (another program I was looking forward to seeing)...bought a ticket...and I was off to Rochester. I felt like I interviewed strongly...enough for them to overlook my scores apparently (I honestly have average scores and very little research...but a very good LOR, work experience, and personal statement).

So for future applicants...if you really want to go somewhere and are in invitation limbo...request an invitation to the PC. Don't ask about your status...explain that you are very interested in the program and would love to interview if a spot opens. If I wouldn't have...I would not have matched to Mayo today.

And for future military applicants...there is no way in a million years that I would have matched to Mayo without my Fleet experience.

Holy **** that's AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you!!

So were you couples matching and your wife didn't match though?

Holy **** that's AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you!!

So were you couples matching and your wife didn't match though?

No...I partially matched. I matched to an advanced program without a prelim (I have already completed internship).

Out of curiosity, did you take time off for military duty or did you switch fields or something or go unmatched before?

No...I partially matched. I matched to an advanced program without a prelim (I have already completed internship).

Out of curiosity, did you take time off for military duty or did you switch fields or something or go unmatched before?

I did med school, did my internship, am now performing a fleet flight surgery tour ...I have applied multiple times to Walter Reed PM&R and each time the Navy didn't allow me to go. My commitment is up in Summer 2016, so I will start PGY-2 just as my commitment ends. I only applied to PGY-2 programs this cycle.

oh oh oh got it, that makes sense, way to figure out that you could still ask them!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called NRMP... And I matched to a program in Miami, Florida.

You might want to talk to this friend of mine... @RehabDoc2015. LOL. Awesome man!!!

tumblr_m2vsgkno9c1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

Last edited:
I just called NRMP... And I matched to a program in Miami, Florida.
You might want to talk to this friend of mine... @RehabDoc2015. LOL. Awesome man!!!

Ah Awesome!!! So happy for you, too! I find out Friday if we'll be co-residents! I don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched but I did a second look there and they gave me very good vibes. Will you start in 2016 or this year? You seem like a very nice person thank god! Are you into OMM? If yes we need to be BFFs, stat. yayyy! So glad for all the happy news!

Last edited:
Ah Awesome!!! So happy for you, too! I find out Friday if we'll be co-residents! I don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched but I did a second look there and they gave me very good vibes. Will you start in 2016 or this year? You seem like a very nice person thank god! Are you into OMM? If yes we need to be BFFs, stat. yayyy! So glad for all the happy news!

I start in 2016. My fiancé and I will likely move down there in July when my internship is over though. I want to try to get a head start on some research. I guess I also have to find some sort of job. I am definitely interested in OMM btw! Crossing my fingers for you bud.

I'm late to the party, but I also matched yesterday! I'm so pumped for all of you and excited for those of y'all that were able to find out where you matched early (j4pac, I'm so happy for you)!! I'm jealous...I want to know where I'm going! Good luck to those of you who are scrambling for the intern spot.

Reactions: 2 users
Can't wait to find out where on Friday. This waiting is pure torture lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the exact quote is "Disney World for Doctors". Now go celebrate!!!

Jay...I didn't want to use your trademarked quote without written consent. ;)

I'm excited for you guys/gals. This is a day that you will remember forever. Please share!

Also, don't forget to post your program reviews and help out future generations of PM&R applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
Confirmed- Mayo Advanced

Reactions: 5 users
Grats, 4th years! I'm jealous of where you all are at!

Matched CWRU/Metro advanced

Awesome! :clap:I'm one of the current PGY4s and co-chief at Metro. Welcome!! Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. Now, go celebrate!!

Congrats, everyone!

Damn, this is already half of our residency class! Maybe the other 3 are lurking around here as well.

The other 3 are probably somewhere getting trashed. Have fun tonight.

Lol gimme 1 hour and I'll be x_x too!

Yayy lots of happy news today!

Time for my biannual cigar with an overpriced bottle of wine! Later guys. Mayo folks...pm me.

Matched to University of Michigan. Go Blue!
Awesome. I'm starting there in July as a PGY-2! I guess we won't meet for another 15 months, but glad to see someone else as excited about it as I am.

Matched UPenn! Very excited!

Reactions: 3 users
I'll be at NYU in 2016 too :)