**2012 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This year is a little weird compared to last, don't you think?

It's almost March 15th, and I feel like a bunch of programs are a bit behind on their final round of acceptances. Am I wrong? Is anyone reading this that was also here this time last year? Aren't we like a week or two delayed?

Thoughts?

M

Members don't see this ad.

This year is a little weird compared to last, don't you think?

It's almost March 15th, and I feel like a bunch of programs are a bit behind on their final round of acceptances. Am I wrong? Is anyone reading this that was also here this time last year? Aren't we like a week or two delayed?

Thoughts?

M

I agree based on observation (and I applied last year). Some interview invites were delayed too. I'm not sure if this is a too-many-awesome-applicants issue or a ahhh-we-aren't-sure-about-funding-this-year issue.

I agree based on observation (and I applied last year). Some interview invites were delayed too. I'm not sure if this is a too-many-awesome-applicants issue or a ahhh-we-aren't-sure-about-funding-this-year issue.

I think this has to do, at least somewhat, with the new GRE format.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who got accepted into LIU Brooklyn program get an official letter mentioning funding status?

Accepted at University of Virginia (not-Curry), Clinical Ph.D, via email from POI, emailed letter followed a few hours later. From the waitlist, too. :)

Accepted at University of Virginia (not-Curry), Clinical Ph.D, via email from POI, emailed letter followed a few hours later. From the waitlist, too. :)

Congrats! So I guess the waitlisted do have a chance :)

Has anyone heard from SUNY Binghamton's Clinical PhD? I thought they were supposed to extend offers by March 9th or 10th and haven't seen anyone reporting any acceptances or rejections post-interview on this forum or Grad Cafe. They also aren't on spring break.

I've heard nothing official, but after I sent a thank-you to my POI, he emailed me asking for patience re: decisions and letting me know the delay doesn't mean they're not interested-- seems like decisions are taking longer than they would have liked/expected.

Accepted at University of Denver's Clinical PsyD Program via Phone Call from Interviewer on 13th March 2012..

So, I got acceptance call last week on thursday, but got no email or letter by post. Should I be worried?

Last edited:
Anyone heard from the University of Houston Clinical PhD program? I haven't been able to find anything on Grad Cafe either...

Has anyone heard from CU Boulder PhD clinical psych, post interview? It has been almost a month of complete silence. Could they actually just be taking this long?

I just wanted to say thank you to Psych2011 for all of your hard work with this list! Although it may have contributed to some not-so-great neurotic tendencies on my part :rolleyes: I know those of us who compulsively check this forum for updates really appreciate you and this thread! Cheers to you! :thumbup:

I just wanted to say thank you to Psych2011 for all of your hard work with this list! Although it may have contributed to some not-so-great neurotic tendencies on my part :rolleyes: I know those of us who compulsively check this forum for updates really appreciate you and this thread! Cheers to you! :thumbup:

Hi everyone! I just entered this thread to say sorryyyyy for not updating the last few days, I've been super busy, but I will update tonight for sure! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw someone post on TGC that SLU already sent out acceptances...anyone know about this/if that poster is on here would you mind PMing me your POI?

Accepted at University of Denver's Clinical PsyD Program via Phone Call from Interviewer on 13th March 2012..

Same here! Got the call yeaterday afternoon after interview on March 3rd. Official email to follow. I'm SO ecstatic!:love:

Accepted!

Hofstra University
PsyD in School and Community Psychology
Interview Date: 3/9
Accepted: 3/14, call from program director with acceptance and tuition remission information

Deciding between Saint John's and Hofstra :)

Hello,

Has anyone heard from Hofstra's Clinical Psychology Ph.D. program yet?

Thank you! :)

I'm waiting for SLU too; if anyone has an update, please PM me! Good luck!

Anyone planning to pass on their acceptance to university of hartford psyd ??

wait list blues :scared:

do you happen to know if all the invites have gone out?

For acceptance? I don't think so. They said don't worry if you don't hear right away because the profs are busy and so will get calls out when they have time. I haven't seen anyone saying they were called before Tuesday so I think they are just getting started.

Anyone heard from the University of Houston Clinical PhD program? I haven't been able to find anything on Grad Cafe either...
Hi ettevi, I received an offer from U of Houston - not sure if that means all of them have been extended though.

For acceptance? I don't think so. They said don't worry if you don't hear right away because the profs are busy and so will get calls out when they have time. I haven't seen anyone saying they were called before Tuesday so I think they are just getting started.

Hi there! Would you mind sharing what professor you interviewed with? Was that who contacted you with the acceptance? Congrats on receiving an offer from DU!! :)

Congratulations everybody and thanks for being patient with me! List is now updated and I hope things slow down for me so I can start doing this at least once a day again :)

Hi ettevi, I received an offer from U of Houston - not sure if that means all of them have been extended though.

Congratualtions! Would you mind sharing how you found out (date, person, and means of communication) Thanks! :)

Accepted today. Received a phone call from the graduate coordinator.

!!!!!!

Is this Psy.D. or Ph.D. for Ryerson? Congratulations! :)

Last edited:
Anyone planning to pass on their acceptance to university of hartford psyd ??

wait list blues :scared:

I plan on rejecting my offer to Hartford's PsyD program sometime next week. I hope you're chosen from the wait list. Best of luck to you! :)

Hi guys! I called Mrs. Thomas, the assistant for the program, and was informed that we should hear in the next week or two. Not sure if anyone else has called or emailed their POI to confirm this.

Someone posted that they received an official rejection from USC. If you're on here, would you mind sharing if that was post-interview. Has anyone else heard anything from them?

I plan on rejecting my offer to Hartford's PsyD program sometime next week. I hope you're chosen from the wait list. Best of luck to you! :)

Thanks again, which program are you choosing? Congrats!

I know someone who was extended an offer and accepted it for the UVa-Curry program if you want to know their POI pm me!

Accepted!

Hofstra University
PsyD in School and Community Psychology
Interview Date: 3/9
Accepted: 3/14, call from program director with acceptance and tuition remission information

Deciding between Saint John's and Hofstra :)

I got this call too :)

Accepted to the University of Hartford Psyd program today (3/15) via phone. I had originally been wait listed

Thanks again, which program are you choosing? Congrats!

Thanks! I'm 99% sure I'll be accepting Rutgers's PsyD offer. I'm just waiting to see their financial aid offer first. Let us know if you're accepted off the wait list! :xf:

Congratulations everybody and thanks for being patience with me! List is now updated and I hope things slow down for me so I can start doing this at least once a day again :)

Congratualtions! Would you mind sharing how you found out (date, person, and means of communication) Thanks! :)

Is this Psy.D. or Ph.D. for Ryerson? Congratulations! :)

Clinical Ph.D (Well technically it's M.A. but it's direct through to PhD; Canada is crazy)

Not me. POI said he'd update by the end of the week on where they are in the process, but I haven't heard anything yet
Just heard from U Montana...1st alternate on waitlist...bummer, still some hope though i guess

Has anyone else heard from VCU Clinical PhD besides Langberg/Jones lab??

Wichita State University
Clinical/Community Psychology PhD
Phone Call from DCT on March 8

University of Missouri - Kansas City
Clinical Psychology PhD
Email from DCT on March 12

has anyone heard from liu brooklyn or cuny? i know that a couple people posted about these a while ago, but there's been silence ever since...

Has anyone else heard from VCU Clinical PhD besides Langberg/Jones lab??

I accepted in the lab for Jones and don't think anyone has accepted for Langberg yet... at least it doesn't seem that way...when did you interview?

I got the phone call yesterday morning for DU Psyd :)

Got accepted to
Pace University School- Child Clinical PsyD
March 16
Via email

Accepted to George Washington University - Clinical PsyD
Via Email from Dean of program
March 16