2011-2012 Residency Interview Invites Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

santigold

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do we have enough people applying to the CaRMS match to start this thread?
Canadian programs have started giving out invites already but the premed forum is down (that Canadian forum)

Members don't see this ad.

Too early!

Members don't see this ad :)
when do Canadian programs usually send out invites for R1?

invites received for Toronto and Ottawa FM.

Nice congrats!

Just out of curiosity are you A) a Canadian Medical graduate from a Canadian school B) an American Medical graduate (if you are canadian, you still count as CMG) or C) an IMG (caribbean etc )??

Nice congrats!

Just out of curiosity are you A) a Canadian Medical graduate from a Canadian school B) an American Medical graduate (if you are canadian, you still count as CMG) or C) an IMG (caribbean etc )??

I am a CMG from a Canadian school

the Ottawa FM invitation is more of a "pre-selection" of interview date though, they will tell me on Dec 21st whether I will get an interview of not

let's cross the fingers :laugh:

hi, just wondering is it true that all six Ontario FM programs will get only one interview? in that case I may be interviewed in Toronto and it will be also good for Ottawa? I saw the info on the UT FM program description on Carms

I am a CMG from a Canadian school

the Ottawa FM invitation is more of a "pre-selection" of interview date though, they will tell me on Dec 21st whether I will get an interview of not

let's cross the fingers :laugh:

Hope your interviews go well!

This might be off topic a bit.....

I go to med school in the US (im canadian though) and its astonishing how many people blow off FM because they dont get paid enough. The common argument (which is some what valid) is that they graduate with $300,000 debt (and after interest end up paying $340,000 in interest plus what they borrowed) over 10 years.....i may be a bit off on the #s, as I cant remember off top of head, but its similar enough,,..and FM simply doesnt pay enough for them to pay back their loans in an appropriate time, so they go into high paying specialties

I was blown away by the interest accumulated when we had our financial meeting the other day.

Thank god im Canadian lol the loans in the US are NOT forgiving. Just thought you might find that interesting

I have the same invites as you do so far. Hopefully more coming up. I think the one interview for all ON programs only applies to IMG.

hi, just wondering is it true that all six Ontario FM programs will get only one interview? in that case I may be interviewed in Toronto and it will be also good for Ottawa? I saw the info on the UT FM program description on Carms

I have the same invites as you do so far. Hopefully more coming up. I think the one interview for all ON programs only applies to IMG.

hmm... just got the confirmation from U Ottawa that it also applies to CMG

which means saving travelling $$$ :laugh:

hmm... just got the confirmation from U Ottawa that it also applies to CMG

which means saving travelling $$$ :laugh:

I am pretty sure it only applies to IMG. You should call U of T to find out.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to Ontariofmp.ca the first wave of invites for IMGs (ontario FM programs) will be sent out December 10th and no more will be sent after Dec 28th. Hope this helps.

UofT Anesthesia sent out invites earlier this week, seemingly to everyone. The program director told me that's what they typically do. All quiet otherwise.

Hi, anyone has any info for IM invites? I know most of them won't send out until Jan 5. But some programs, such as UT, ottawa does not specify the date on Carms.

Thanks

So anyone who use to use the premed101 forum must have realized that it went down a few days ago. They were switching over servers and now have a new website: ......... . This is going to be where all the action for CaRMS is going to happen....feel free to join and share your experiences.

^MISINFORMATION & DISHONESTY

It is a very poor attempt to try to copycat the real site that is currently down. It is defunct, has gone nowhere and is a total waste of time. The creator has tried this site over a year ago and it is defunct.

Please note that kennethtoronto, the creator of this poor attempt of a knock-off, has recently had his every post here deleted for reprehensible behaviour and self-promotion!! And he has been BANNED.

Suddenly after his banning, a new user name was created and 3 identical posts mysteriously appear by can2carib (aka kennethtoronto) as a repeat self-serving attempt to promote his bogus site by dishonest and continuing self-promotion.

This is more than coincidence.

I will continue to report him!

Sadly, kmonkey is correct in saying:
This is not true- premed101.ca is run by a totally different person.........the post above mine is very dishonest.

Executive Summary: Wait for the real website to return & do NOT use his bogus, defunct site.

NOTE: kennethtoronto aka can2carib - both user names & ALL their self-serving, worthless and dishonest posts have been deleted! And kennethtoronto under both user names has been deleted. Will he shamelessly try again? Anything he does does not surprise me, including these unethical posts. I will continue to monitor, report and do my best to ensure his future user names and posts are deleted and banned.

Last edited:
Just got interview invite to UBC psych. Am a canadian graduate.

I am pleased to report to you all that kennethtoronto aka can2carib - both user names & ALL their self-serving, worthless and dishonest posts - have been deleted!

And kennethtoronto under both user names has been BANNED twice, each time w/i 24 hours of joining!

Will he shamelessly try again? Anything he does does not surprise me, including these unethical posts. I will continue to monitor, report and do my best to ensure his future user names and posts are deleted and banned.

Every time kennethtoronto raises his unethical head under whatever user -ny boy within 24 hours - his every post is removed and he is banned.

Good one kenny boy. If you were to employ your frequent unethical, dishonest tactics in academics, you would be banned there too. Time to clean up your dirty act, don't you think?

Could you please stop all this comment? It's a site to discuss about interviews.
It's getting really annoying that you post all this in every thread.

I am pleased to report to you all that kennethtoronto aka can2carib - both user names & ALL their self-serving, worthless and dishonest posts - have been deleted!

And kennethtoronto under both user names has been BANNED twice, each time w/i 24 hours of joining!

Will he shamelessly try again? Anything he does does not surprise me, including these unethical posts. I will continue to monitor, report and do my best to ensure his future user names and posts are deleted and banned.

Every time kennethtoronto raises his unethical head under whatever user -ny boy within 24 hours - his every post is removed and he is banned.

Good one kenny boy. If you were to employ your frequent unethical, dishonest tactics in academics, you would be banned there too. Time to clean up your dirty act, don't you think?

Pediatrics Interviews for University of Saskatchewan out on Dec 2.

Rejections and Interviews for Dalhousie Pediatrics out on Dec 10.

U of Alberta Pediatric Neurology out on Dec 2.

Anything else??

Hey,
Just wondering, is your Ottawa FM invitation definitive or sort of a "pre-selection" of interview date (namely they'll tell you later on whether they'll really invite you or not)?

Just received an interview offer for Ontario family medicine programs as an IMG.

I can confirm that Ontario IMG FM interview invites are out. Does anyone know if we find out which programs selected us? I applied to all 6 and 6 are listed in the email. But it really does not say which programs are actually interested. We'll need to know before submitting the rank order list.

I think an interview means we would be ranked by all programs but we won't know which ones are more interested in us than others. So ranking would just be based on where we prefer to end up.

Hello Boyinthebuble, did you apply with a CE1 or Nac osce this year?

Nope. Just graduated (Australia). Did well on the EE in sept of this year. Will do QE1 in spring 2012. Not required to do the NAC OSCE.

And yes, it's strange that they didn't say which of the six schools were interested.

McGill FM last wk
Cal FM today

we'll see...

University of Alberta Pediatrics out today

Receive orthopaedics Alberta interview invite and laval gen surg invite last week- any one else hear about surgical invites yet?

Any word on when we can expect Ontario Peds or EM invites? Is it rolling or is there a predetermined date?

Any word on when we can expect Ontario Peds or EM invites? Is it rolling or is there a predetermined date?

Western ontario specified that we would hear at the latest by Dec 30th whether we were accepted for interview or not.

They said that they were reviewing the files until Dec 17th. So probably waiting for a while. The other ones didn't specify... I'd love to know soon too though!

Received interviews from McGill and UBC general surgery. Any other surgical invites?

So are most people on here getting interviews attending canadian medical schools?

Like Nova1983 for example?

Any US grads (non-Caribbean) ?

I am a Canadian citizen who will graduate from a US medical school in May.

So are most people on here getting interviews attending canadian medical schools?

Like Nova1983 for example?

Any US grads (non-Caribbean) ?

McGill Pediatrics Invites and Rejects out today. Still waiting on lots of Ontario Peds!!! P.S. I'm a Canadian attending U Alberta.

Has anyone heard from the obstetrics programs...has U of T sent invites out?