2011-2012 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little delayed in posting, but I'm also accepted! Received the call on Thursday! :) Super excited to meet you all :)

Congratulations mellei!!! :) Did you end up receiving the 'merit' email?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to all of you who got accepted! I'm also on the alternate list and hope to join you guys next year!

I was wondering though, for those of you who got accepted off of the wait-list, how many updates/letter of intents did you guys send after your interview? I was waiting till the 15th to start sending them in but I am probably going to change that now lol

No, I didn't get a 'merit' e-mail actually, just an e-mail asking me to confirm that I would have financial arrangements, as I am a Canadian student. I replied and I received a phone call later that day. I hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I didn't get a 'merit' e-mail actually, just an e-mail asking me to confirm that I would have financial arrangements, as I am a Canadian student. I replied and I received a phone call later that day. I hope this helps!

Canadian high-five! Do you happen to know of any scholarships/aid for Canadian students in particular from GWU?

Awesome! Are you also Canadian? :) I do not... I'm on a hunt for any sort of financial aid for Canadian students. If you know of any, please let me know!

Canadian here as well! Prateek, I think we interviewed on the same day...

Lived in Canada for about 5 years :) but I have my US citizen now

any more waitlist news? oh boy it's gonna be a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng summer!

any more waitlist news? oh boy it's gonna be a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng summer!

I got the email to provide preferred contact information and express my continued interest. Crossed fingers, im hoping it means something.

Did you get that email today? I'm hoping all of this movement before May 15 means good news for the rest of us!

Did you get that email today? I'm hoping all of this movement before May 15 means good news for the rest of us!

I got it yesterday morning...Looks like a quick inventory check before the massive :)xf:) WL movement starts. I expect a lot more people will get it before May 15th.

i really hope you're right nwoye! would give anythinggggg to be at this school.

i really hope you're right nwoye! would give anythinggggg to be at this school.
dude. me too. this is gonna be the longest 3 months of my life. I keep getting phantom vibrations on my phone too, wishful thinking

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email yesterday, but I'm still waiting for a phone call. I'm not complaining by any stretch, but today has quite possibly been the longest day of my life.
Did you get a call after receiving the merit email on 05/02?

I got the "merit" email on 05/02 but still didn't get a call. It has been only a week but felt like it was a month or even more.

I got the "merit" email on 05/02 but still didn't get a call. It has been only a week but felt like it was a month or even more.

I've been waiting to hear as well, it has been quite a long week indeed!

so I get that the merit emails are gw's way of letting you know where you stand, but couldn't they have sent something out to everyone, like a "merit" email to those at the top, an a separate one for everyone else? I know they don't rank, but they could send something out like "good chance".. "little chance" of an acceptance. SOMETHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I received the email on 5/2, but I have yet to receive a call. It's been a long week, but I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one to not get a call yet. I was starting to think that I didn't express enough interest in my "simple statement of interest."

So I know people have gotten the "merit" email but have any other people gotten an email just asking if they were still interested and for their contact info?

So I know people have gotten the "merit" email but have any other people gotten an email just asking if they were still interested and for their contact info?
wow, you guys are lucky... I am on the WL but i have not gotten either the merit email nor the email asking for contact info/interest.
Could it mean that i have already expressed my continued interest enough that they know that i am still interested in going to the school????? (trying to stay hopeful about why i did NOT get that email........sigh ) Have you guys sent lots of letters of interest/updates etc?

I am the same way mangoicecream! I have sent in about 3 letters of interest since being waitlisted in the fall, so I'm hoping that these sufficiently show my continued interest in the school...

I actually sent in an additional reference letter from my supervisor at work. I only sent in one letter of interest and I tried my best to make it thorough. I tried to focus more on quality rather than number of updates. I hope this helps :)

wow, you guys are lucky... I am on the WL but i have not gotten either the merit email nor the email asking for contact info/interest.
Could it mean that i have already expressed my continued interest enough that they know that i am still interested in going to the school????? (trying to stay hopeful about why i did NOT get that email........sigh ) Have you guys sent lots of letters of interest/updates etc?

I sent in about 4 letters with updates and showing my intent to attend the school if I get accepted.

I sent in about 4 letters with updates and showing my intent to attend the school if I get accepted.

may i ask what you guys like about GW so much? I am still trying to decide and am wondering what everyone is attracted to in particular

may i ask what you guys like about GW so much? I am still trying to decide and am wondering what everyone is attracted to in particular
I know for me, it has a special place in my heart because it was the first (and quickest) turn around from secondary --> interview invite. haha I know thats a stupid reason. but also I've lived in country-bumpkin midwest for my whole life, so the idea of going to GW and living in DC is what attracts me to it a lot. also the international electives, Ive done a lot of medical mission traveling so Id like to keep doing that. where are you choosing between?

as much info as we can give you about why we love GW, i think it ultimately comes down to you personally though. what we like may not even matter to you if it's not something that appealed to you about the school

Last edited:
so my phone is on vibrate and i haven't gotten any calls...but have probably looked at it, oh...30 times in the last hour. i'm going crazy. this sucks. haha but for all of those that are still waiting, good luck to you :)

so my phone is on vibrate and i haven't gotten any calls...but have probably looked at it, oh...30 times in the last hour. i'm going crazy. this sucks. haha but for all of those that are still waiting, good luck to you :)
have you gotten the "merit" email? if so I'm sure your call is coming soon :) haha this is so agonizing for all of us though!

lol, what's worse is that i haven't gotten that email...just overly hopeful, i guess. haha

So I guess no movement today. Hopefully next week brings good news to us all.

Just received the call, guys!!!!!!!! It's coming! Happy May 15th!
I hope you guys hear the good news,too.
I've been waiting for this call for so long!

so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

Congrats!!! I am now looking at my phone every two seconds and waiting for that call!

Duudddddeeeee congratulations!!! Its a May 15th miracle!!
did you get the merit email or the let-us-know-if-you're-still-interested email? If so when?!

(anyone who calls from a 202 area code and doesn't work at GW is going to die a slow painful death...just saying.)

Accepted yesterday off the waitlist!!! Good luck to those who are stil wiating!!

I'll be withdrawing my acceptance shortly as I was lucky to get into a Canadian medical school :) Best of luck to you guys !

I got accepted off the waitlist at 10:30 a.m. EST!!! Congrats to everyone else and good luck to those waiting!!!!

Congrats to those who were accepted off the waitlist!!!!! For those of you who were accepted off the waitlist, how often did you communicate with admissions with letters of intent, etc?

Acceptance was withdrawn. Congrats to all those accepted. Good luck to those waiting!

congrats to everyone accepted! to those who withdrew your spot,,, I LOVE YOU! just impatiently waiting over here in wiscaaaansin. waitlisters- can you imagine if your cell phone broke this week? #firstworldproblems

Interviewed last week and placed on the Alternate List this morning.
I'm assuming the "Alternate List" is the same thing as the waitlist?

Anyone else interview last week and hear back?

Interviewed last week and placed on the Alternate List this morning.
I'm assuming the "Alternate List" is the same thing as the waitlist?

Anyone else interview last week and hear back?
I was interviewed last week and also placed on the alternate list today :( and yea the wait-list/alternate list are one-and-the-same. COME ON CELL PHONE!!!!! RING FOR ME lol

I will try to answer some of the questions asked above... I received the "merit" email on May 2nd and I got accepted this morning! I continued to update the committee regularly (every 4 weeks or so) of my activities.

Duudddddeeeee congratulations!!! Its a May 15th miracle!!
did you get the merit email or the let-us-know-if-you're-still-interested email? If so when?!

(anyone who calls from a 202 area code and doesn't work at GW is going to die a slow painful death...just saying.)

Interviewed on 12/13. Waitlisted after 8wks.
Sent LOI about 5times including email w questions.
I got the merit email on 05/02.

3.7 and 32R

Good luck for you all!!!

Is anyone still waiting to receive the "merit" email? :(

well im certainly waiting...doesn't look like they've given any out in awhile but a girl can only hope (crossed fingers)

ACCEPTED!!! I got the merit email on 5/2 and then got the call the day after I submitted a letter of intent. Best of luck to everyone!

Also I can't seem to find the facebook group for the class of 2016, could someone please send me the link when you get the chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.