2010-2011 University of North Dakota Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH YEAH! Got my interview. January 6th!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks guys! Hey so besides the handout the school gives on types of questions to expect, does anyone know how the interview goes? Their interviewees, are they tough? Do they ask a lot, or ask little and expect you to fill in the rest?

I'm not exactly sure about the content of the interview. However, I've heard from friends that the format is a three-person panel. This panel can consist of a variety of individuals including med students, faculty, local physicians, etc. Not sure if this helps, its just what I've heard.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I read in the interview forums at one time that they do pull a bit of the good cop/bad cop routine, with one of the interviewers being "difficult" to see how you handle it.

I'm hoping my invite got held up due to the blizzard this weekend :xf: Does anyone know if they sent rejection letters out at the same time as the invites?

Thanx seap3, I really hope you enjoy the DMU experience!

ericksonj15, I guess I've never heard anything regarding that. Hope yours shows up, you from ND? When I spoke w/ admissions wondering the same things a few weeks ago they told me that OOSers get first dibs on dates due to travel distance (ND peeps are considered more flexible I guess). Just stay optimistic!

Does anybody know from previous matriculation cycles when they will start dishin out acceptances/rejections? I thought it was something like mid January.

they say that they let you know the 3rd week in january, but it was jan. 15 last year to be exact

not sure why I stressed so much. I can't imagine a med school interview being more relaxed than that one... wait, is that a good thing:(

who all did there interview on the 6th as well? How did it go for you?

Accepted! Interviewed Dec. 10 and my letter was dated Jan 11.

Hi guys,
Congrats on the acceptances.

I lived in ND a long time ago when I was very little about 10 years back. We still have family there as well.

From what I gather, they give some consideration to those who are past residents even if it isn't much.

I also see that they do the grade replacement option. That might be appealing for me because I have a 3.3 science and 3.4 regular. Just took my MCAT yesterday and praying for a decent score.

Is there any type of Master's program that is available that could be used to link into the program? Or could one stay there for a year and attend a local college to re-take some classes to improve the GPA and then be classified as a viable resident for admission?

Thanks for any advice! :) Congrats again to you all!

agill786 - may I ask where you currently live? If I you check out the website posted previously in this forum, you can see that former ND resident and a current ND resident of 1-5 gives you the same "credit." So I dont' think taking classes there just for the reisdency aspect would help, but taking classes to improve your GPA would definitely be a good step for you.

agill786 - may I ask where you currently live? If I you check out the website posted previously in this forum, you can see that former ND resident and a current ND resident of 1-5 gives you the same "credit." So I dont' think taking classes there just for the reisdency aspect would help, but taking classes to improve your GPA would definitely be a good step for you.

Hi, I live in California right now. I am trying to take as many classes as I can right now...hopefully it will work out! :)

Not sure if anybody is still checking this forum regarding the 2010-2011 app cycle:confused:, but it was great getting to meet all class of 2015 students that attended the "Getting to Know You" day.

:thumbup:The whole day was friggin awesome and I can't wait to start.... well, it could wait a little while longer.... I got SKY DIVING IN JULY!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.