2020-2021 North Dakota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some people already got accepted, but for the rest of us still waiting yeah I think they all come out at the same time by the end of the month. At least that's what I understood from the website
Sounds good! Thanks - and best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

So acceptances go out over email not phone calls or anything? Also any guesses on when "before the end of the month might be"?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they’re still giving out IIs?

At my interview on 1/9, they said the last weekend of interviews was going to be the weekend after me so this past weekend 1/16

Thanks for the info.. hopefully this means we will all hear back soon 🤞
I heard that there was a 40% increase in med school applicants this year at UND - which may be a contributing factor in deliberation time for the admissions committee.

I heard that there was a 40% increase in med school applicants this year at UND - which may be a contributing factor in deliberation time for the admissions committee.
Whelp I guess either way we are all hearing this week one way or the other :lol:

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like I'm checking my email every 20 minutes. 😂 Anyone else feel like this? Good luck to everyone waiting.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like I'm checking my email every 20 minutes. 😂 Anyone else feel like this? Good luck to everyone waiting.
Same here. I went back and looked at the thread in December and a round of acceptances on a Tuesday is not out of the question.

It looks like all emails are sent around 4pm (interviews and admission decisions). Haha maybe this will help calm you until closer till 4!

Hoping we all hear back today or tomorrow. Good luck to all of us waiting 🤞🤞

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! What time did they contact you? Makes me a little pessimistic about not being contacted yet 😅
Thank you! I got the email around 4:30 PM. Maybe they'll do another round tomorrow?

Yeah curious if everyone else waiting is gonna get hit with WL and R's tomorrow but who knows I guess

Rip...congrats to y'all but not lookin good

Got that post-II R. Haha this has to be the best birthday present I’ll ever get.
Sorry to hear that...I got that from my state school after feeling good about the interview and it hit pretty hard. I don't feel great about my interview here but I think I would really enjoy UND. Question for those recently accepted. Can you chime in with state, stats (if comfortable sharing) and ORM or URM? Just curious, thanks.

Sorry to hear about the R, but keep your head up.. one decision won't determine the amazing doctor you will someday be. Best of luck going forward ❤️

Just got waitlisted a little bit ago. My stats and all that jazz can be found on the previous page if anyone is wondering. Sounds like we will hear next week about our placement on the list. I'd love to attend UND so hoping for decent news!

Just got waitlisted a little bit ago. My stats and all that jazz can be found on the previous page if anyone is wondering. Sounds like we will hear next week about our placement on the list. I'd love to attend UND so hoping for decent news!
Fingers crossed!!

Received my acceptance today as well!!! Was surprised they spread them out the way they did but excited nonetheless!!!

Has anyone who was accepted received the second email to accept/decline your offer? I haven't received mine yet and I'm getting nervous something is wrong.

Has anyone who was accepted received the second email to accept/decline your offer? I haven't received mine yet and I'm getting nervous something is wrong.
I have not gotten it yet, just the Certiphi request for the background check

I got accepted end of December and it took a week or two before I received the email to accept/decline.

Does anyone know much about North Dakota's wait list, how many people get put on it, how many people typically come off, is there a separate wait list for WICHIE?

Waitlist update: Just got the email that I am #19 on the list... I doubt there will be that much movement so it's been real guys. Congrats on the acceptances and best of luck on your medical journeys!

Does anyone know much about North Dakota's wait list, how many people get put on it, how many people typically come off, is there a separate wait list for WICHIE?
There is a ND, MN/WICHE, and an INMED waitlist. Each are separate. Last year the MN/WICHE waitlist moved only 5 spots. ND waitlist moved into the teens so it was kinda flipped vs a normal year but last year was not very normal haha.

There is a ND, MN/WICHE, and an INMED waitlist. Each are separate. Last year the MN/WICHE waitlist moved only 5 spots. ND waitlist moved into the teens so it was kinda flipped vs a normal year but last year was not very normal haha.
That’s good to know, thank you. I am from Wyoming and got waitlisted at #6 so I am guessing that means #6 on the MN/WICHE list. Who knows if it will pan out!

Does anyone know if UND participates in the "AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool" on the AMCAS portal?

Does anyone know of resources to find housing/roommates? (Female looking for off campus housing/roommates here)

Does anyone know of resources to find housing/roommates? (Female looking for off campus housing/roommates here)
I’m not sure either sorry. I was just planning to live on one of the on campus apartments

Side q: does anyone know if UND has a 2nd look weekend of some sorts?

I did my undergrad at UND and was accepted early December. Considering making a facebook group if that's something people would be interested in?

I’m not sure either sorry. I was just planning to live on one of the on campus apartments

Side q: does anyone know if UND has a 2nd look weekend of some sorts?
I don't think so. I called und to ask similar question in regards to housing and they didn't make it seem like they did