2010-2011 University of Massachusetts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-applicant
I: 2/15
W: 4/8
A: 5/9

i had been wondering if there had been any news this week. I'm expecting next week to be a big one? We'll see.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For all of you in UMass Med already, can you give me advice as to connecting with your fellow classmates as incoming first-years for housing? Is there a specific forum for that kind of stuff?

Thanks!

For all of you in UMass Med already, can you give me advice as to connecting with your fellow classmates as incoming first-years for housing? Is there a specific forum for that kind of stuff?

Thanks!

Are you part of the UMass Facebook group? Someone made a post on there regarding seeking out roommates.

Thanks!

I think a lot of people met classmates to live with at Second Look, some on FB, some on here :)laugh:)...Once you guys are set up with your email addresses, there's a Class of 2015 listserv, where people email out about apartments or looking for roommates. I've seen emails go out to that listserv, so there should be some waiting! It's totally cool to use that to set things up with roommates, too...we use the 2014 one allll the time.

Does anyone know about the MOE/student trip? Do non-trads, older, or married students typically go to MOE or is that not expected?

Does anyone know about the MOE/student trip? Do non-trads, older, or married students typically go to MOE or is that not expected?

why would you not go? Isn't it just a great chance to meet and bond with your future classmates?

IF i get into umass :)xf:) I will definitely go (I'm 31 and married). I suppose it might be different if you have kids and then have to leave your spouse alone with them for a few days.

I am in complete shock. Was waitlisted mid april and accepted today. I found out when I refreshed the status page and was prompted to accept or decline admission. This was around 1. At 2 pm the email came. I hope others hear good news this week as well!

Congratulations, DPT2DO, rollthedice981, and kiwifruit487! :D

Thanks for the updates on the WL movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think a lot of people met classmates to live with at Second Look, some on FB, some on here :)laugh:)...Once you guys are set up with your email addresses, there's a Class of 2015 listserv, where people email out about apartments or looking for roommates. I've seen emails go out to that listserv, so there should be some waiting! It's totally cool to use that to set things up with roommates, too...we use the 2014 one allll the time.

I was accepted off of the waitlist and never got to go to Second Look, so I think I missed a lot of the information. Would you happen to have a link for the Class of 2015 listserv? I scourged the UMass Med website and could not find any information on it at all.

Thanks!

I was accepted off of the waitlist and never got to go to Second Look, so I think I missed a lot of the information. Would you happen to have a link for the Class of 2015 listserv? I scourged the UMass Med website and could not find any information on it at all.

Thanks!

Oh, by that I just mean that your email will be part of the Med Class of 2015 email list- so they send out emails to everyone on that list. Once you receive info on how to long onto your email address, you will have some waiting in there for you! Your best bet until you get set up with a Umass email address may be Facebook.

Have people received information about setting up a UMass email address? I either missed it or didnt get anything.

Thanks

Oh, by that I just mean that your email will be part of the Med Class of 2015 email list- so they send out emails to everyone on that list. Once you receive info on how to long onto your email address, you will have some waiting in there for you! Your best bet until you get set up with a Umass email address may be Facebook.

I'm wondering if anyone, maybe a first year, could advise me on the laptop purchase. I bought a brand new macbook 2.26 gHz last year with the full applecare warranty - will I need to or should I plan on buying the recommended laptop by the school?

I suppose I could always donate my current laptop to a family member or my fiance, but I'd rather spend less money wherever possible. I was just wondering if there are specific advantages to purchasing the UMass-recommended config. Also, do most of you use this as your personal computer in addition to using it for school tasks? I'm wondering if I should just keep my macbook and use it as a backup computer. Any thoughts/experiences would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Have people received information about setting up a UMass email address? I either missed it or didnt get anything.

Thanks

I have yet to hear anything regarding e-mail address. I'm dying to set up my free amazon prime account since I currently don't have a .edu address. :D

I'm wondering if anyone, maybe a first year, could advise me on the laptop purchase. I bought a brand new macbook 2.26 gHz last year with the full applecare warranty - will I need to or should I plan on buying the recommended laptop by the school?

I suppose I could always donate my current laptop to a family member or my fiance, but I'd rather spend less money wherever possible. I was just wondering if there are specific advantages to purchasing the UMass-recommended config. Also, do most of you use this as your personal computer in addition to using it for school tasks? I'm wondering if I should just keep my macbook and use it as a backup computer. Any thoughts/experiences would be most appreciated. Thanks!

I'm a current (almost done!!!) first year. And if the computer requirement is similar to last year, the answer you will get from the IT folks is a very emphatic NO to keeping your current laptop. I also got a brand new beautiful computer as a birthday gift, and when I asked them if I could use my own computer for school, they were very clear that you had to purchase your computer through the school. We ended up selling my laptop to a friend :( I think it's still worth calling them and asking in case they changed their policy.

Ok thanks anna. Do you end up using it for personal use as well? Like for banking, gaming and other stuff? Or is it strictly school use?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone know where we accept the financial aid offer and/or where we go to sign the promissary note?

I don't think the financial aid letter had any instructions or next steps for us to take (or at least, I haven't done anything since receiving it). Is there something we need to do?

This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone know where we accept the financial aid offer and/or where we go to sign the promissary note?

as far as I know, just do the stuff from the instructions that are in the link I posted above. If you have gotten your award letter, I think that's as far as you can go right now. My award letter didn't come with any instructions or tell me to do anything

To those who got accepted, did any of you took your pre reqs at CC and if u did, were you questioned or received any comments from the ADCOM regarding it?

accepted yesterday (waitlisted mid-april).

See you all in august!

Status
Not open for further replies.