2010-2011 Marshall University (Edwards) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty quiet. I'm pretty sure all of the interviews for this cycle are done, finished today.
now if the adcom meets every Tuesday, why did Cindy say they won't give answers until March 15?! doesn't she realize how long we've already been waiting? :)

GL to everyone that's holding their breath for 3 more weeks with me...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, congratulations if you have been acceptance and good luck if you are still waiting by the phone!! I didn't hear until the very end of February...

I am a 4th year med student about to graduate, and I have loved it here. I'm selling my house, which I bought when I moved to Huntington and have rented to my classmates for all 4 years. It's been perfect. Lots of space, hot tub, garage, walking distance to the Y, the park, and the hospital... check it out:
www.1105tenth.info

Let me know if you have questions about MUSOM, Huntington, or my house!

Did anyone ever start a facebook group or other website so we can all start getting to know each other?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone ever start a facebook group or other website so we can all start getting to know each other?

Cindy mentioned starting one and inviting everyone to it but I haven't seen anything about that as of yet. She might wait until the entire class is filled to start it.

has anyone else heard that they'll be offering acceptances to OOSers tomorrow? or is tomorrow just the last adcom meeting where they'll be discussing the OOS interviews?
even not knowing, i'm pretty anxious for tomorrow.

I don't remember hearing this when I interviewed, so I'm hoping for the best but expecting to continue waiting.

I called Ms. Warren last week and she said they wouldn't have the acceptances/waitlists ready for OOS until probably the end of this week. I think she said they would be calling the accepted students and sending e-mails to the waitlisted ones. Seems like theyre just a tiny bit behind in getting through everyone. I don't think theres a specific date yet that they'll definitely have everything ready to go. GL everyone!

I called Ms. Warren last week and she said they wouldn't have the acceptances/waitlists ready for OOS until probably the end of this week. I think she said they would be calling the accepted students and sending e-mails to the waitlisted ones. Seems like theyre just a tiny bit behind in getting through everyone. I don't think theres a specific date yet that they'll definitely have everything ready to go. GL everyone!

Thanks for the info! Good luck to you all

One of my in-state schools was supposed to send out acceptance e-mails tonight. So while i was sitting in front of my computer waiting to see when an SDNer got in there, I was surprised to get a call from a 304 number at 8pm. Turned out to be Cindy calling to say their adcom meeting had just ended and she wanted to let me know I'd been ACCEPTED! First acceptance of the cycle, feels reallllly good.
To all the other OOSers, I'd say expect a phone call tomorrow, and if you're too anxious like me go ahead and give her a call.:luck:

WooHoo!!:D

One of my in-state schools was supposed to send out acceptance e-mails tonight. So while i was sitting in front of my computer waiting to see when an SDNer got in there, I was surprised to get a call from a 304 number at 8pm. Turned out to be Cindy calling to say their adcom meeting had just ended and she wanted to let me know I'd been ACCEPTED! First acceptance of the cycle, feels reallllly good.
To all the other OOSers, I'd say expect a phone call tomorrow, and if you're too anxious like me go ahead and give her a call.:luck:

Yay, congrats hall!

I'm waiting anxiously, but I won't call. I'm actually a little worried, I haven't had any contact with them since my interview. I hope they don't think I'm not interested, I just haven't had anything to really update them with.

Congrats! I'm pretty jealous :). Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call!!! :)

Edit: OOS

Well, no phone call here, so I can only assume that it's late and they stopped calling or I'm not getting good news from Marshall.

any other news guys? haven't heard anything myself :/

I emailed Cindy today. Here is her response:

Yes, I did call the lucky 25 last night. You have been placed on the alternate list for any vacancies that might occur over the next couple of months. A letter to that effect is currently being prepared. I'm sorry that I don't have better news for you.

Yes, I did call the lucky 25 last night. You have been placed on the alternate list for any vacancies that might occur over the next couple of months. A letter to that effect is currently being prepared. I’m sorry that I don’t have better news for you.

dang

Yes, I did call the lucky 25 last night. You have been placed on the alternate list for any vacancies that might occur over the next couple of months. A letter to that effect is currently being prepared. I’m sorry that I don’t have better news for you.

I got this same email this afternoon. Waitlisted.

What exactly does it mean to be waitlisted? is it no different from being rejected here? I know that sounds like an absurd question but I'm not sure exactly how valuable being waitlisted is. I would love to be accepted but not sure if it means anything. Does anyone have any idea how often they take people off the waitlist? If I ask Cindy would she inform me of where I rank? I was expecting a rejection so I am pleasantly surprised.

I am instate as well.

I did get accepted to WVSOM so its not like I have no recourse. i am excited either way!!!

Wow, accepted to WVU and rejected from Marshall in the same week. I'm totally fine with it, but it's just really weird.

Enjoy Huntington everybody! The calzones at Giovannis by the stadium got me through undergrad!

What exactly does it mean to be waitlisted? is it no different from being rejected here? I know that sounds like an absurd question but I'm not sure exactly how valuable being waitlisted is. I would love to be accepted but not sure if it means anything. Does anyone have any idea how often they take people off the waitlist? If I ask Cindy would she inform me of where I rank? I was expecting a rejection so I am pleasantly surprised.

I am instate as well.

I did get accepted to WVSOM so its not like I have no recourse. i am excited either way!!!

they don't rank their waitlist, at least thats what i was told in the past. they wait until everyone has accepted or declined and then bring everyone back up again. i don't know how much movement their is on the instate waitlist though. I would say maybe a few but not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.