2009 western university..anyone yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I spoke to an admissions counselor at Western today and was informed that they are not done with final decisions. They confirmed that some people have received emails already. Also, they said they are aiming to send letters/emails out by next Friday. Hope this helps you all who are waiting like me.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the update, that is great information for those of us stuck in limbo.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to an admissions counselor at Western today and was informed that they are not done with final decisions. They confirmed that some people have received emails already. Also, they said they are aiming to send letters/emails out by next Friday. Hope this helps you all who are waiting like me.

I also spoke to admissions today at Western and the counselor said something similar. She said there's one more batch of acceptance coming anytime this week to next week but she didn't say when, however she said that usually acceptance are sent out very early. She said this time the committee is taking longer because they are taking people off the waitlist/hold list, and preparing for their official final waitlist. So nervous. :oops:

:clap::banana:1000th post :banana::clap:
You should be so proud! :p

I also spoke to admissions today at Western and the counselor said something similar. She said there's one more batch of acceptance coming anytime this week to next week but she didn't say when, however she said that usually acceptance are sent out very early. She said this time the committee is taking longer because they are taking people off the waitlist/hold list, and preparing for their official final waitlist. So nervous. :oops:

Thank you two very much for calling! This sounds promising, though I don't want to get my hopes too high. Good luck to those of us still waiting. :)

Thank you two very much for calling! This sounds promising, though I don't want to get my hopes too high. Good luck to those of us still waiting. :)

To be honest, I am totally numb to any kind of news like this. While waiting for an acceptance email after finding out people were receiving them back then, I called and they said the same thing, "we are still sending out acceptances"...and then the result was a hold. So, it's good to know that they are considerate about our feelings but sometimes I just want to say, "Accept or reject me! Let me move on with my life." Seriously. But since Western is a good school, I guess we have to suck it up and wait a little longer. So be optimistic but prepare to cry if it doesn't work out. Good luck to everyone.

Guess the mail came late today, but finally got the acceptance letter.

To be honest, I am totally numb to any kind of news like this. While waiting for an acceptance email after finding out people were receiving them back then, I called and they said the same thing, "we are still sending out acceptances"...and then the result was a hold. So, it's good to know that they are considerate about our feelings but sometimes I just want to say, "Accept or reject me! Let me move on with my life." Seriously. But since Western is a good school, I guess we have to suck it up and wait a little longer. So be optimistic but prepare to cry if it doesn't work out. Good luck to everyone.

i agree completely. i want to know so i can make some arrangements for my living situations since if i get into western i will most likely be attending but if not then i have to find a place to live in glendale, az.

I know what you mean. I'm still betting I got waitlisted in anything, so I've already come to terms with that, so if it happens, I won't be crying a second time. :p

i agree completely. i want to know so i can make some arrangements for my living situations since if i get into western i will most likely be attending but if not then i have to find a place to live in glendale, az.

Same here. I want to start making arrangements and getting roommates together since the school I've been accepted to is small anyways. A part of me is struggling with my decision even if I get in. I know most of you guys want to go to Western because it's close to home (in addition to it being a good school), but it's not close for me. Plus, it's A LOT of money vs my other school, so I'm still wrestling with my feelings about going to a Cali school (if I'm accepted that is). :D

Same here. I want to start making arrangements and getting roommates together since the school I've been accepted to is small anyways. A part of me is struggling with my decision even if I get in. I know most of you guys want to go to Western because it's close to home (in addition to it being a good school), but it's not close for me. Plus, it's A LOT of money vs my other school, so I'm still wrestling with my feelings about going to a Cali school (if I'm accepted that is). :D

what school did you get accpeted to?

No problem. I had to call because I was going crazy waiting for the email and mail everyday. I guess now with the information provided, I won't have to make a trip home during the middle of my day to check my mailbox. :laugh:

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we should send them our Winter transcript?

They only look at grades that are sent through Pharmcas (when you initially applied or academic update) and do not accept transcripts that are sent directly to them.

how do we know what our western email is?

anyone here know how to create an account on banweb? I have my id number. Were they suppose to send you a pin number after you accept?

Does anyone know who we talk to about living arrangements? I am not from California and I need some help finding a place and finding roommates.
Thanks

in the interview packet they gave you on your interview day, towards the end it said something about housing.

if you need any help, i am a local and can help you out..just send me a PM

just wondering, is there any more interviews coming up?

i heard later this month, they are going to have interviews for international students. I wonder how many international students they are going to accept.

i heard later this month, they are going to have interviews for international students. I wonder how many international students they are going to accept.

thats a totally different program. it is 3 years, and they basically start as a P2 student. they would not be taking up spot for those that are new applicants.

Nothing in the mail today either. I thought I would get something since it takes 3 days to get mail from Cali, and you guys got your acceptance letters on Monday. I guess I was thinking they were going to send out a batch of acceptance/wait list/rejection letters all at once.

Nothing in the mail today either. I thought I would get something since it takes 3 days to get mail from Cali, and you guys got your acceptance letters on Monday. I guess I was thinking they were going to send out a batch of acceptance/wait list/rejection letters all at once.

i think they have sent out all the letters for those accepted and rejected and they are waiting to see how many people will accept their seat and those that are waitlisted or hold will be pulled off when a spot becomes available. So i guess if you have not heard anything as of now yet.. its means that we are alternates so yea just hope that people will give up their spots for us :)

i think they have sent out all the letters for those accepted and rejected and they are waiting to see how many people will accept their seat and those that are waitlisted or hold will be pulled off when a spot becomes available. So i guess if you have not heard anything as of now yet.. its means that we are alternates so yea just hope that people will give up their spots for us :)

I think they have sent out all the rejections for non-interviewed applicants. However, I don't think they have sent out rejections for interviewed applicants yet. After they go over their list of alternates (interviewed applicants), they will decide who stays on the waitlist. I think that is how it works. I'm not 100% sure, but that's how other pharmacy schools make their waitlist.

I think its real shady how they are going about acceptance after interviews (congrats for those who have heard from them), but I interviewed 3/14, and the admission person said verbatim at the financial aid presentation that all letters will be sent snail mail, and how not to call because they will not reveal their final choices. Now to log on here and see ppl who got acceptance by emails when the lady said there will be no emails but snail mail says alot. I dont know whats the point of lying, I have been checking my mail like a chicken with its head cut off just to see that their saying 2 weeks wasnt enough time to figure out who they wanted. smh

I think its real shady how they are going about acceptance after interviews (congrats for those who have heard from them), but I interviewed 3/14, and the admission person said verbatim at the financial aid presentation that all letters will be sent snail mail, and how not to call because they will not reveal their final choices. Now to log on here and see ppl who got acceptance by emails when the lady said there will be no emails but snail mail says alot. I dont know whats the point of lying, I have been checking my mail like a chicken with its head cut off just to see that their saying 2 weeks wasnt enough time to figure out who they wanted. smh

i agree. I thought it would be snail mail too because thats specifically what they lady said but i guess it doesnt work that way. more waiting for us :xf:

Maybe they'll send out another bunch of acceptances tomorrow. We'll see. Good luck to everyone still waiting. :)

Here is what I'm inferring based on the recent updates on the forums:

A select portion of the 3/14 interviewees were accepted last Friday along with a few people pulled from the alternate/hold list from past months. No one has been rejected yet, and no one who hasn't been accepted from the 3/14 interview has heard anything (including myself).

This means that Western does not want to send double letters, e.g. one for the waitlist for the 3/14ers and another one to accept some 3/14ers a few days later as spots are left unfilled. So, they are trying to maximize their information to accept the most number of people from this interview slot and come up with a final waiting list. Imagine how funny it would be if they had to pull 10-15 people off the waitlist a few days after sending them a letter.

With that in mind, the school has specifically said to a few callers that not all the acceptances have been mailed out yet. This scenario holds perfectly in this case, and we will probably recieve all information Friday or Monday. Until then, all we can do is wait.

Here is what I'm inferring based on the recent updates on the forums:

A select portion of the 3/14 interviewees were accepted last Friday along with a few people pulled from the alternate/hold list from past months. No one has been rejected yet, and no one who hasn't been accepted from the 3/14 interview has heard anything (including myself).

This means that Western does not want to send double letters, e.g. one for the waitlist for the 3/14ers and another one to accept some 3/14ers a few days later as spots are left unfilled. So, they are trying to maximize their information to accept the most number of people from this interview slot and come up with a final waiting list. Imagine how funny it would be if they had to pull 10-15 people off the waitlist a few days after sending them a letter.

With that in mind, the school has specifically said to a few callers that not all the acceptances have been mailed out yet. This scenario holds perfectly in this case, and we will probably recieve all information Friday or Monday. Until then, all we can do is wait.

This is what I'm thinking also after hearing everything. Makes sense.

I received a phone call from my faculty interviewer today...did anyone who recently got accepted get one too?

To those that have received acceptances:
Congratulations, and I hope you will choose to attend WesternU. I can't wait to meet you all. :)

To those who are still waiting, try your best to hang in there. I know the wait is horrible (I've been there, trust me >_<), but you will all find out whether you will get in or not. From past experience, they do not reject interviewed applicants until all seats are guaranteed filled during the first week of school. So, those who do not receive acceptances now will be placed on alternate list (aka waiting list). Once you're on the waiting list, you may be notified if you get pulled off the waiting list between now and first week of school. So, expect a lot of waiting. I know that two people got pulled off on the first day of school, so imagine the scramble for them when they got notified. :p

The acceptance letters comes in both email AND snail mail. So, those who got the email will receive the acceptance letter in the mail. Again, that's from past experience, and it looks like they are doing that this year as well.

Good luck and I hope you will hear good news very soon. :luck:

So the two students that got pulled off the wait list missed the white coat ceremony?

So the two students that got pulled off the wait list missed the white coat ceremony?

Oops, my mistake. They were taken off the wait list during welcome week. It occurred the week before classes started and is a week long orientation. The white coat ceremony was at the end of the week, so they didn't miss it.

I think its real shady how they are going about acceptance after interviews (congrats for those who have heard from them), but I interviewed 3/14, and the admission person said verbatim at the financial aid presentation that all letters will be sent snail mail,

"Shady"? Isn't that a bit harsh? How is it shady that they decide to send emails in addition to snail mails? :confused: Both were dated on the same date.

I received a phone call from my faculty interviewer today...did anyone who recently got accepted get one too?

I did!!! Such a nice and personal touch. :)

so i guess no news is good news as of right now right? :xf:!

She was probably misinformed? There is no reason for her to deliberatly lie like that .. she gains nothing nor does the school. Plus financial aid people have no knowledge of the admissions process really.

She might of also just meant that you will get it via snail mail in addition to e-mail.

Oops, my mistake. They were taken off the wait list during welcome week. It occurred the week before classes started and is a week long orientation. The white coat ceremony was at the end of the week, so they didn't miss it.
I think we did have one person who got in post white coat ceremony actually :)

I received one from my faculty interviewer this Tuesday and I was accepted on Friday. Funny thing was that he called my boyfriend's phone at 9:30pm, and I don't even know how they got that phone number unless I put it as an emergency contact?

nothing yettt, been having my email on my ipod touch allll morning

Anyone else periodically refreshing SDN to see if other people got acceptances? :p

None here. Last time they said they got them around noon I think. I hope it's around the same time if they send it. I'm going to be sitting here staring at my email all day. :p

hahah me too! ahhh!

hahahaha....me three!!! haha....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! haha