2009 western university..anyone yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so i take it that those who did not get an email are either rejected or is an alternate right?

Members don't see this ad.

FINALLY!!! I was waiting for this moment to come!! an ACCEPTANCE!!!

my first acceptance to my #1 school.

I feeelll sooo good!!

I interviewed on Jan 24th...placed on hold..and got pulled off yesterday...(12:50pm via email)

:love::D:love:

I had trouble opening the acceptance letter...but I managed to open it without the header image attached....can you open it at all?

I finally got it up, also without header image. I clicked "no" on the pop-up window instead of 'yes' :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)

I feeelll sooo good!!

I interviewed on Jan 24th...placed on hold..and got pulled off yesterday...(12:50pm via email)

Congrats!

Is there a certain type of laptop that is required at Western?

so i take it that those who did not get an email are either rejected or is an alternate right?

I believe this is the case. This is corny, but I watch a lot of reality shows and this one lady said "I'm getting kicked off tonight. Unless Jesus himself comes down and tells me I'm not getting kicked off, I know I'm getting kicked off." I was thinking about that when people were getting accepted yesterday and I didn't get an email. "Unless Jesus himself tells me I'm not waitlisted/rejected, I know I'm wait listed/rejected." :p Just thought I'd share. :D

I believe this is the case. This is corny, but I watch a lot of reality shows and this one lady said "I'm getting kicked off tonight. Unless Jesus himself comes down and tells me I'm not getting kicked off, I know I'm getting kicked off." I was thinking about that when people were getting accepted yesterday and I didn't get an email. "Unless Jesus himself tells me I'm not waitlisted/rejected, I know I'm wait listed/rejected." :p Just thought I'd share. :D

I Love Money 2? That show is hilarious. I like Tailor Made.

Stay optimistic! Good things come to those who wait. :)

one of the biggest mistake a first time applicant can make is applying to only 1 school unless he/she can wait 1-3 more years. Pharmacy school is becoming more competitive each and every year. If you don't make it this year, next year apply early and to more schools out of state.

I did not apply to other schools because I have a have a child so would like to stay in So Cal. Also, both my parents and in laws are in So Cal and can help us. I did not apply to USC because I still have some pre-reqs that I need to take. If I don't get in this year, I'll definitely have to re-think my options. Feeling quite depressed right now.

I did not apply to other schools because I have a have a child so would like to stay in So Cal. Also, both my parents and in laws are in So Cal and can help us. I did not apply to USC because I still have some pre-reqs that I need to take. If I don't get in this year, I'll definitely have to re-think my options. Feeling quite depressed right now.

Don't worry, it took me 4 years to finally get accepted into pharmacy. Hopefully, it won't take you that long or 10 years later. Sorry, bad joke. You just have to learn from your past interviews. After my first year of rejections, I felt depressed also. But I realized I wasn't helping myself my being depressed. After my 2nd year of rejections, I became even more depressed. After the 3rd year, I almost lost complete hope. It took me 3 years of interviews to finally become a professional interviewee. During my 4th year, I got accepted to all 4 pharmacy schools I interviewed at. Even though 4 years of my life just passed by, I felt it was worth it. I am mature and also older. I feel my years working in a pharmacy and volunteering during my waiting helped prepare myself even more for pharmacy school. Just sit by youself in your room and think about what you need to better yourself as an applicant for next year. Good luck.

Last edited:
Don't worry, it took me 4 years to finally get accepted into pharmacy. Hopefully, it won't take you that long or 10 years later. Sorry, bad joke. You just have to learn from your past interviews. After my first year of rejections, I felt depressed also. But I realized I wasn't helping myself my being depressed. After my 2nd year of rejections, I became even more depressed. After the 3rd year, I almost lost complete hope. It took me 3 years of interviews to finally become a professional interviewee. During my 4th year, I got accepted to all 4 pharmacy schools I interviewed at. Even though 4 years of my life just passed by, I felt it was worth it. I am mature and also older. I feel my years working in a pharmacy and volunteering during my waiting helped prepare myself even more for pharmacy school. Just sit by youself in your room and think about what you need to better yourself as an applicant for next year. Good luck.

Thanks for the insight and Congratulations on getting into all 4 schools!!! Wow, I must say you are very committed and it is paying off.

I was accepted!! whoo hooo! 3/14. my top school =)

Members don't see this ad :)
tough choice, I'm from SoCal and I would like to do my rotations in California. Midwestern is a 3 year school which mean I would save a lot of money. Also, Midwestern would be a good excuse for me to get away from my parents. But again, I would miss my mom's cooking. Ahhhh....can't make up my mind.

im in the same dilemma... but for me its between western, midwestern az and michigan ann arbor... ;/

im from socal and have been leaning towards not attending western and choosing midwestern or mich... but even then i dont know where i want to go.

im in the same dilemma... but for me its between western, midwestern az and michigan ann arbor... ;/

im from socal and have been leaning towards not attending western and choosing midwestern or mich... but even then i dont know where i want to go.

I say go to Midwestern or Michigan. ;) Just kidding. :D

Has anyone been taken off hold from the December interview yet?

I have made up my mind. I am going to attend Western. I guess the factors that decided it was which school will provide me with the best education and opportunities in SoCal. I have done my research and found out that for 2008, Western was a close second to USC for CPJE pass rate and had a 100% Naplex pass rate. In addition, Western offers 350 rotation sites and 750 preceptors.
http://www.pharmacist-ca.com/news/CA Board of Pharmacy CPJE pass fail statistics September 2008.pdf
Good luck for those still deciding.

congrats to those that got taken off hold status! good luck with your pharmacy careers!

is there a facebook group for the c/o 2013

CONGRATS RXFANATIC!!!! I am so glad you made it in. See ya in the fall.

Congrats to everyone else as well!

I feeelll sooo good!!

thanks iwannafarm! see ya in fall!!!!!

There is a facebook for Western University Pharmacy Class of 2013. Everyone join when you can!

I feeelll sooo good!!

Yay! congratulations to you! you deserve it!

Did anyone ask Western if they could send in their deposit after the two week deadline? I'm still waiting to hear from USC so I'd like to save the $500 if possible, but I don't want to lose my spot!

Sigh, I hope I get some good news tomorrow. Probably unlikely. Good luck to those of us still waiting. :)

Which school did you end up choosing?

I chose Western, so unfortunately, I'll be losing out on my $1000 deposit to Midwestern. I paid it before even got the call for the Western interview though. I'm sad I won't be finishing school in 3 years, but being a So Cal native, I think going to Western is the better choice for me :)

I chose Western, so unfortunately, I'll be losing out on my $1000 deposit to Midwestern. I paid it before even got the call for the Western interview though. I'm sad I won't be finishing school in 3 years, but being a So Cal native, I think going to Western is the better choice for me :)

Good choice!!! I bet many were dying for you to choose otherwise :laugh:. I can't imagine living anywhere else besides socal either.

is it safe to say that if you did not receive an email about lacking some prerequisites then you have satisfied all the prerequisites?

is it safe to say that if you did not receive an email about lacking some prerequisites then you have satisfied all the prerequisites?

I don't think so. I know I'm lacking 2 prereqs, and I don't remember them every sending me anything about it.

Edit: I've saved every email I've received from the schools I applied to (that I'm still considering), and no lack email from Western.

I don't think so. I know I'm lacking 2 prereqs, and I don't remember them every sending me anything about it.

Edit: I've saved every email I've received from the schools I applied to (that I'm still considering), and no lack email from Western.

is it safe to say that all my prerequisites are complete if they have accepted me?

Not sure about that one, I haven't been accepted yet. :p You might want to call just in case and ask them.

that would bad if they have accepted me and they later find out that one of my classes did not meet their prerequisites. Has anything like that ever happened after an acceptance? I listed accurately all the classes on the Prerequisites Worksheet on the supplemental application and all my grades are C's or higher. I will give them a call tomorrow. There is still hope for you guys still waiting! ;)

that would bad if they have accepted me and they later find out that one of my classes did not meet their prerequisites. Has anything like that ever happened after an acceptance? I listed accurately all the classes on the Prerequisites Worksheet on the supplemental application and all my grades are C's or higher. I will give them a call tomorrow. There is still hope for you guys still waiting! ;)

It is highly possible. After all, you are responsible for making sure you've met all the pre-reqs until the first day of class.
Yes, checking directly with them would be a good idea :)

It is highly possible. After all, you are responsible for making sure you've met all the pre-reqs until the first day of class.
Yes, checking directly with them would be a good idea :)

Actually, you must turn in all of remaining pre-reqs by June 1st.

Don't worry about it. Last year, I was a bit paranoid, thinking the same thing. So I called the admissions counselor and notifies me that they review all your prerequisites before offering interviews. After hearing that, I became calm, haha.

It doesn't hurt to call if you really want to make sure. :)

Don't worry about it. Last year, I was a bit paranoid, thinking the same thing. So I called the admissions counselor and notifies me that they review all your prerequisites before offering interviews. After hearing that, I became calm, haha.

It doesn't hurt to call if you really want to make sure. :)

As another current Western student, this person does not know anything. Do not listen to advice given by this individual!

:) jk

I Love Money 2? That show is hilarious. I like Tailor Made.

Stay optimistic! Good things come to those who wait. :)

I have no business in this thread, But i had to say I love money is the truth.

Howard University
(interviewed) 3/17-waiting

What did they say when you called them?

would you rather be waitlisted or rejected ? just wondering:)

would you rather be waitlisted or rejected ? just wondering:)

Probably waitlisted I guess. I'm tired of being in limbo though and just want to start making plans for the school I'm going to already. Seems like a bunch of people already know for sure where they're going and can start getting everything taken care of and looking for roommates and sit back and relax. I don't have that luxury yet. :(

Probably waitlisted I guess. I'm tired of being in limbo though and just want to start making plans for the school I'm going to already. Seems like a bunch of people already know for sure where they're going and can start getting everything taken care of and looking for roommates and sit back and relax. I don't have that luxury yet. :(

i know how you feel. i need to really start figuring out my housing situation for midwestern in arizona ASAP because they start in two months. I just need to know!