2009 western university..anyone yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hahahaha....me three!!! haha....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! haha

for a moment, i thought you guys got accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I was accepted!!!! haha

I wish there was SOMETHING I could do to speed it up, but I know there is nothing I can do, but wait :(

I don't know if anyone else is like this...but everytime I refresh my inbox, my heart SERIOUSLY skips a few beats!!! then when I see no new email...I can breath again! haha....then get sad. :( haha

ANDDDD I go crazyyyyyyyy when I get an email, and I go to check it, and its junk mail!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if anyone else is like this...but everytime I refresh my inbox, my heart SERIOUSLY skips a few beats!!! then when I see no new email...I can breath again! haha....then get sad. :( haha

ANDDDD I go crazyyyyyyyy when I get an email, and I go to check it, and its junk mail!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! haha

you have a serious case of OCD. Just relax and take a couple of breaths.

Serious and contagious, but don't worry, it's not chronic.

no email today. no mail today. i guess i'll be looking forward to monday! :confused:

but if anyone got any email/mail today. let us know!!!

Well, I guess it's safe to assume we won't be hearing anything today either. Sigh, 3 weeks of waiting already. More to come...

After a hard couple of days, I made a decision to decline my acceptance to Western; instead, I will be attending UCSF. Good luck to those of you on the waitlist

I received one from my faculty interviewer this Tuesday and I was accepted on Friday. Funny thing was that he called my boyfriend's phone at 9:30pm, and I don't even know how they got that phone number unless I put it as an emergency contact?

i got a phone call as well a few days ago from my interviewer. I love how they do that. Makes you feel welcomed!!

well i cant wait to meet everyone who is attending. anyone here local?

After a hard couple of days, I made a decision to decline my acceptance to Western; instead, I will be attending UCSF. Good luck to those of you on the waitlist

what was the factor of your decision? location? program? cost?

i got a phone call as well a few days ago from my interviewer. I love how they do that. Makes you feel welcomed!!

well i cant wait to meet everyone who is attending. anyone here local?

Hey! I never got any phone call! Lol, I guess my interviewer didn't like me too much...lol...

I was a 3/14 interviewee and I just got a letter informing me of my alternate status.

Hey! I never got any phone call! Lol, I guess my interviewer didn't like me too much...lol...

you live in Montclair?...I guess you live so close to the campus that they've decided to pay you a visit in person...j/k...do you know any cheap and safe apartments around campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
To those that have received acceptances:
Congratulations, and I hope you will choose to attend WesternU. I can't wait to meet you all. :)

To those who are still waiting, try your best to hang in there. I know the wait is horrible (I've been there, trust me >_<), but you will all find out whether you will get in or not. From past experience, they do not reject interviewed applicants until all seats are guaranteed filled during the first week of school. So, those who do not receive acceptances now will be placed on alternate list (aka waiting list). Once you're on the waiting list, you may be notified if you get pulled off the waiting list between now and first week of school. So, expect a lot of waiting. I know that two people got pulled off on the first day of school, so imagine the scramble for them when they got notified. :p

The acceptance letters comes in both email AND snail mail. So, those who got the email will receive the acceptance letter in the mail. Again, that's from past experience, and it looks like they are doing that this year as well.

Good luck and I hope you will hear good news very soon. :luck:

hngo003,

From your past experience, do you know how the admission will pull the people off the waiting list? Are they going to rank the students?

I was a 3/14 interviewee and I just got a letter informing me of my alternate status.

That is sooo interesting!! We are starting to hear alternate lists now?!?!? I would have thought they would have done that from the beginning...and we would know the results of the alternate status by now...

Hmmmm...guess all we can do is just wish for the best!!! Good luck! I really hope we can get some good news soon!! :)

Hmm, if I'm the alternate list (wish I think I'll probably be) then it'll probably come Monday in the mail. Didn't get anything today.

That is sooo interesting!! We are starting to hear alternate lists now?!?!? I would have thought they would have done that from the beginning...and we would know the results of the alternate status by now...

Hmmmm...guess all we can do is just wish for the best!!! Good luck! I really hope we can get some good news soon!! :)

That's what I was thinking. I'm just ready to hear anything at this point. I'm tired of not knowing.

yeah i just got my alternate letter. dated the 2nd and mailed out the 3rd. i interviewed 1/24 and was placed on hold. a little bit of stress relieved. :)

how do they decide who gets pulled off the alternate list first if there's no ranking?!

yeah i just got my alternate letter. dated the 2nd and mailed out the 3rd. i interviewed 1/24 and was placed on hold. a little bit of stress relieved. :)

how do they decide who gets pulled off the alternate list first if there's no ranking?!

I guess it's safe to assume I'll get an alternate list letter Monday. :p

got my alternate letter too...getting closer....haha. I wonder if everyone is getting alternate that was on hold...or are there rejections being sent out? This process is all so confusing!!!

I'm not home to check my mailbox. Did the letter say anything else? Alternate status and then what?

I'm getting anxious....I need to go home and check my box.

I also got placed as an alternate. The letter was dated Apr 2 and mailed on Apr 3.:oops::xf:

From all the people I spoken to who were accepted to Western, all of them have pharmacy work experience. Is there anyone accepted who does not have pharmacy work experience?:confused:

I also got placed as an alternate. The letter was dated Apr 2 and mailed on Apr 3.:oops::xf:

From all the people I spoken to who were accepted to Western, all of them have pharmacy work experience. Is there anyone accepted who does not have pharmacy work experience?:confused:

I was accepted from the jan 24th interview with no pharmacy work experience, just hospital volunteer work, 3.5 gpa, some extra curricular activities. I'm guessing its b/c of my interview and essay.

i was placed on alternate too. tuition has gone up to $39,650 a year. that's pretty crazy. i probably going to decline the alternate status. good luck to everyone who is still waiting or has been put on the alternate list!

I was accepted from the jan 24th interview with no pharmacy work experience, just hospital volunteer work, 3.5 gpa, some extra curricular activities. I'm guessing its b/c of my interview and essay.

i also was placed on the alternate list also and i have no pharmacy work experience this is weird. I think my essay and interview went great but i think the problem with me is that i have not completed my bachelors and my gpa is a 3.28. Western i think gives extra points to those people who have bachelors and have a high GPA but they also look highly on pharmacy work experience such as a clerk or a tech. Who wells i guess all we can do is wait and hope for the best.

3.5 range here, 4 years of volunteer, interview didn't go so well.

Anyone declining the alternate list?

Also got put on the alternate. What does it mean "unranked," are people just selected randomly when a seat opens?

I am going to accept the alternate status. I have my Bachelor and a very high science GPA with no pharmacy / volunteer experience.

All of you who is accepting alt status, are u planning on getting the required immunizations, have Financial aid applications submitted so that you will be ready to go if you get a call between Apr 6 and Aug 14?

im accepting the alternate status and i have everything ready for another school so i think i will just wait until June 1st then i will decide to go MWU CPG instead

I got on the alternate list as well. I havent read the letter yet but can anyone tell me at this point on accepting or declining the alternate offer?

Alternate. :(:) Yea for another 4 months of waiting.

Alternate. :(:) Yea for another 4 months of waiting.

does alternate really mean anything different from hold??? Because it's looking like all of us that were on hold, just are all placed in alternate.....like u said another four months of waiting!!! Great! And don't they know that if we want to reapply, it starts in June and the tell us it can be anywhere from April to august???? This is not cool!

I am going to accept the alternate status. I have my Bachelor and a very high science GPA with no pharmacy / volunteer experience.

All of you who is accepting alt status, are u planning on getting the required immunizations, have Financial aid applications submitted so that you will be ready to go if you get a call between Apr 6 and Aug 14?

yeah i'm planning on having everything ready just in case. i really wonder how they pull people off the alternate list if it's not ranked. blah.

I got on the alternate list as well. I havent read the letter yet but can anyone tell me at this point on accepting or declining the alternate offer?

if you accept then when a spot opens up from someone whose declined their acceptance, you'll get it. but i'm not sure how they choose which alternate gets the spot because they said it's not ranked.

if you decline then it's safe for them to assume you don't want to attend their school and won't consider you when a spot opens up.

I'm pretty sure since you guys got put on Alternate, I will be too. It just takes me about 3 days to get stuff in the mail from socal. If I'm placed on alternate, I'll accept it, but I'm only going to wait till around July before I turn it down. I can't really afford to sit around and wait and not start getting my living arrangements ready for the school I've been accepted to because once I start signing leases and stuff that's it for me.

does alternate really mean anything different from hold??? Because it's looking like all of us that were on hold, just are all placed in alternate.....like u said another four months of waiting!!! Great! And don't they know that if we want to reapply, it starts in June and the tell us it can be anywhere from April to august???? This is not cool!

hold is they are going to review your application later after all the interviews have occurred, which has been happening to most of the interviewees in the previous interviews. Now that all the interviews are done, they review the holds with everyone who hasn't been accepted, and then the alternates and rejected letters get dish out.

hold is they are going to review your application later after all the interviews have occurred, which has been happening to most of the interviewees in the previous interviews. Now that all the interviews are done, they review the holds with everyone who hasn't been accepted, and then the alternates and rejected letters get dish out.

do they reject people after interviews? i feel like they're just putting everyone who interviewed that didn't get accepted yet on the alternate list.

do they reject people after interviews? i feel like they're just putting everyone who interviewed that didn't get accepted yet on the alternate list.

i wouldn't be suprise if there are a few who totally messed up on the interview(telling the interviewers they doing it for the money, etc..) that the interviewers don't want them even to be considered.

That is exactly what I want to know....

When I called in a few weeks ago, the person I spoke to said they did send out post interview rejections....but I don't think she knew what she was talking about, I wouldn't believe her, I think it's just their way of raising our hopes that we have a chance,when in fact, we are all just sliding along, from hold category to alternate category...which r basically the same thing but diff words...

From my personal opinion, I think they put everyone on the wait list if they've had an interview, Unless they totally screwed up and said something inappropriate at the interview. My reasoning is because the school is going to want to make sure that all their seats are filled and ensure they get that tuition, so if anyone happens to change their mind or something, they have that list of people they can pull from. It's smart to do it that way though some people are going to get their hopes up. I wish they had a ranking system for their waitlist though. Like someone else said, I'm sure they have a ranking system but they just don't tell us.

how was last year alt/rejection like? i can't find the thread for western from last year. anyone know?

I am also on Alternative list.

I know. That is what it seems like. I'm pretty bummed right now. But there's not much we can do I guess. I think I seriously need some help for the e-mail/mail OCD I have going on. lol. I know they took a lot of people off the wait list last year, however it seems this year's way of doing things are pretty different. Hopefully I can put it out of my head and actually concentrate on the rest of the semester.

That is exactly what I want to know....

When I called in a few weeks ago, the person I spoke to said they did send out post interview rejections....but I don't think she knew what she was talking about, I wouldn't believe her, I think it's just their way of raising our hopes that we have a chance,when in fact, we are all just sliding along, from hold category to alternate category...which r basically the same thing but diff words...

I don't even know who to believe at admissions in Western. A couple of us in this forum called Western this week and they said they will be sending out another round of acceptance before making up their waitlist, but then everyone is receiving alternate letters this weekend. Honestly, I think at this point, most of us just need straight answers. And it seems to me that everyone is on the alternate list, no one is on hold right? And did anyone get post-interview rejections? Seriously, we need straight answers.

I don't even know who to believe at admissions in Western. A couple of us in this forum called Western this week and they said they will be sending out another round of acceptance before making up their waitlist, but then everyone is receiving alternate letters this weekend. Honestly, I think at this point, most of us just need straight answers. And it seems to me that everyone is on the alternate list, no one is on hold right? And did anyone get post-interview rejections? Seriously, we need straight answers.

Yeah, it sounded like another round of acceptances were coming, but I guess not. I had to wait an extra week for what I already knew. I know we only make up a portion of candidates, but it seems like at least one person would have received an acceptance. :p

just being patient. I guess we will know the result by the end of next week. Keep crossing fingers. GL.

my friend had said she thinks that when there's no ranking on an alternate list, students get pulled off according to who declines their acceptances to the school. so someone on the alternate list with a similar background, gpa, experience, etc. to the student who declined the acceptance will be pulled off the list. this would help keep the class evenly distributed of a range of backgrounds and what not and possibly help keep the school's quota. maybe? i guess we'll never really know but sounded like a good reasoning to me.

Sigh, I'm tired of this process (been tired of it). I just want to know for sure where I'm going this fall...

Sigh, I'm tired of this process (been tired of it). I just want to know for sure where I'm going this fall...

Me too haha... but I wasnt planning on applying this year but some co-workers urged me on... got interviews at the top schools in CA and totally wasnt prepared for them bc I barely knew much about pharmacy other than my few months of work experience. Now its northstate or re-applying bc I know I prob wont get into USC and I really dont want to go to Western (pricey, ghetto area, and I got this weird vibe that the faculty and students only wanted to prove they were better than USC).