2009-2010 Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother got accepted last year in first week op July, out of state.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone looking for a roommate? I've found a couple places I'd like to live that are walking distance to MCV. I'm turning 24 this year, male, from San Diego, and am pretty quiet and clean. I'm looking for someone who has a similar lifestyle and study habits as myself.

Also, if you already have a place let me know if you need a roommate!

PM me :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone looking for a roommate? I've found a couple places I'd like to live that are walking distance to MCV. I'm turning 24 this year, male, from San Diego, and am pretty quiet and clean. I'm looking for someone who has a similar lifestyle and study habits as myself.

Also, if you already have a place let me know if you need a roommate!

PM me :)

People have been posting in the facebook group looking for roommates too. Maybe try there if you haven't.

How often/much is too often/much for emailing Dr. WHC about your status? I was thinking once every 4 weeks is ok but this would be my 3rd time (altho 1 time she didnt respond) and I think she's probably going to get annoyed. Thoughts?

How often/much is too often/much for emailing Dr. WHC about your status? I was thinking once every 4 weeks is ok but this would be my 3rd time (altho 1 time she didnt respond) and I think she's probably going to get annoyed. Thoughts?

I have emailed her 3 times thus far too, all have been about a month apart. I think it will be okay contacting her since we're getting towards the end of the cycle and she understands what all us waitlisters are going thru now.

thanks for the advice on emailing her. so she responded that they reached my rank last year :)... but this year the oos wl is very sluggish :mad:

i am keeping the hope alive to the last minute tho! :luck::luck::luck:

thanks for the advice on emailing her. so she responded that they reached my rank last year :)... but this year the oos wl is very sluggish :mad:

i am keeping the hope alive to the last minute tho! :luck::luck::luck:

Awesome. At least that's positive news, who knows when the waitlist might pick up.

Praise God! I got off the waitlist today! (OOS/male)
Best wishes!!

Best wishes!!

Congratulations!! That is awesome news! Always good to see someone from the forum get in :)

Do you mind sharing your stats with us?

Members don't see this ad :)
two male instate friends got in today. there is still hope but maybe less now....

Best wishes!!

Congrats, I'm very happy for you since I remember you were considering reapplying! I am also very happy to see that the list has started moving again. I realllly hope I can be joining you and everyone else who is going!

Last edited:
Congrats, I'm very happy for you since I remember you were considering reapplying! I am also very happy to see that the list has started moving again. I realllly hope I can be joining you and everyone else who is going!

Thanks dadocca.
Hope to see you in the fall as well!

Best wishes.

so has anyone heard anything from Dr. MCW? Seems like things are slowing down...hope this trend doesnt last :xf::xf:

so has anyone heard anything from Dr. MCW? Seems like things are slowing down...hope this trend doesnt last :xf::xf:

She said this year is much slower than last year.

I really hope for something this week! Pleeeease let there be movement. Anyone who still thinks they will withdraw their acceptance, there is no need to wait any longer! I promise you good karma in return for your help!

I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me. I applying for this next cycle, and I am trying to decide if I should apply Early Decision for VCU or not. I have everything ready to go before the EDP deadline, but looking at the MSAR from last year, it looks like they only filled up 5 spots with EDP applicants. Does applying EDP help at all?

they suggested me not to apply for early decision. It's only for people who MUST know immediately about the acceptance because of some kind of emergency.

Has anyone heard anything about new acceptances/withdrawls?? It really sucks to know that if it was last year then by now many of us (including myself) would probably have been accepted. PLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEASE VCU!!

Has anyone heard anything about new acceptances/withdrawls?? It really sucks to know that if it was last year then by now many of us (including myself) would probably have been accepted. PLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEASE VCU!!

I feel your pain, dadocca...I am in the same boat. Just got to keep telling yourself that all is well...maybe today??!:xf::xf:

i emailed her last night and she said that the waitlist hasn't moved in about 10 days... :(

im IS... so idk if that response was specific for IS...

I see the reasoning in the IS waitlist slowing down to save money in this market...but why the OOS? Maybe this year is just tougher year or something

Ok... so I know people love withdrawing their acceptances on long weekends, which means next week will be the big offer week! :rolleyes:

Ok... so I know people love withdrawing their acceptances on long weekends, which means next week will be the big offer week! :rolleyes:

Hey you are not alone waiting for good news from VCU. I have frequented this thread almost everyday. Hopefully, next week we will hear something. Good luck!

We are all in this together guys!!! Good luck to all of us:xf:

Hey you are not alone waiting for good news from VCU. I have frequented this thread almost everyday. Hopefully, next week we will hear something. Good luck!

I know and I have always said and meant it when I said that anyone who wants to get in here as much as I do deserves it! Good luck to us and all such people waiting! I refuse to give up until the last minute :xf:

I know and I have always said and meant it when I said that anyone who wants to get in here as much as I do deserves it! Good luck to us and all such people waiting! I refuse to give up until the last minute :xf:

Anything and everything is possible! Best wishes to dadocca and everyone else on the alternate list! :xf::xf:

I agree, let's hope for better news next year. I'm hoping especially as a reapplicant we get some love. Speaking of which, I've already submitted and have been verified by AMCAS. VCU still hasn't sent me a secondary. Hope it comes soon :scared:

Bah! I got that "VCU Status update e-mail" and got really excited, but it turned out just to be a "we are deciding whether or not to send you a secondary application" for the 2011 reapplication cycle e-mail....

What an emotional rollercoaster, lol.

Bah! I got that "VCU Status update e-mail" and got really excited, but it turned out just to be a "we are deciding whether or not to send you a secondary application" for the 2011 reapplication cycle e-mail....

What an emotional rollercoaster, lol.

man that is tough!!!

Has anybody heard of any movement or withdrawals recently? This has been a very painful end but at least its almost over one way or the other

It's been pretty dead lately...But looking at the updates it said we could hear all the way till mid August, so hopefully something starts moving soon!

I'm sad...why can't we just all get in...we're all obviously passionate about VCU...

I e-mailed her today about the waitlist and she said it was "sluggish on this end..."

Well, a slug does move eventually...doesn't it? =D

Last edited:
VCU actually sent out an e-mail 3 days ago to the current 2014 matriculants to inform them if any matriculant was planning to attend another SOM so that they can give their spot to someone else. Good luck.

has anyone recently asked dr. mwc about the waitlist movement?

yea, i e-mailed her two days ago, and she gave the "sluggish" response above...:(

Is there anyone who is going to be living in Shockoe next year and may need a roomate? I'm going to be super optimistic about the waitlist lol.

Last edited:
In a recent email response from DR. WHC (July 19th) she stated that "the list is at a dead stand still for about 2 weeks now".

As I know many out there are waiting just like me, I thought I would share the information.

Best of luck!

Thanks photographer :) any information helps.

Good luck to you too! I hope that we all get in *fingers get in*

(I'm currently writing a paper on the effects of stress on illness, but I can't help myself from feeling anxiety from this dead stand still of a waitlist >_< )

In a recent email response from DR. WHC (July 19th) she stated that "the list is at a dead stand still for about 2 weeks now".

As I know many out there are waiting just like me, I thought I would share the information.

Best of luck!

I got the same response on the same day, with the added line: "I don't expect to get many more withdrawals"

It was a good run with you guys this year. Hope everyone learned what they could, and will have made the improvements they needed. I know I learned a lot. Keep your hopes up high, we've still got the enthusiasm and drive to do it over if we have to. Try every possible option to make your dream happen. I know I will be this next application cycle.

Good luck to everyone :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.