2009-2010 Clinical/Counseling Psych Programs Rejection Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone get rejected from Yeshiva (psyd clinical) yet? some people heard back but I heard the news is coming sporadically so I havent given up hope yet....

Members don't see this ad.

Rejection from South Carolina School Psych PhD program via snail mail. That's two in one day. Balls.

Members don't see this ad :)
Penn State - Clin. - rejection received Mar 12/2010, snail mailed. impersonal. they had over 600 applicants for Dept. of Psych.

did anyone else receive TWO rejection emails from Fordham Clinical PhD? i got one back on Jan 28th and another one a couple days ago. two completely different rejection emails from two different people @ the school. thanks for rubbing it in, Fordham...because i didn't quite get it after the first one. haha.

did anyone else receive TWO rejection emails from Fordham Clinical PhD? i got one back on Jan 28th and another one a couple days ago. two completely different rejection emails from two different people @ the school. thanks for rubbing it in, Fordham...because i didn't quite get it after the first one. haha.

This is not specific to Fordham. Generally, it is fairly common to receive one rejection letter from the department and one later on from graduate admissions.

Got an unofficial post-interview rejection from CUNY Clinical (City College) after inquiring about my status. They said that the official letters would come out this week as they have already sent out all acceptance notifications. I am really not surprised, I am just glad to finally kill that last shred of hope now so I can finally be happy about the acceptance I do have!

Official rejection from Concordia U. (Canada), Clinical Psych. March 15, 2010. All positions have been filled.

University of Miami - 3/14/10 email from POI re. no more spots in Clinical Psych PhD program.

Rejection letter from DePaul's Clinical-Community Program via snail mail received yesterday. Didn't interview, but was put on (what seemed like a totally bogus) waitlist. Boring.

Rejected to the PhD program by letter in a huge, beautiful package announcing my acceptance into the Masters program I didnt apply to. Big Packages should NOT hold rejections.

How else are you to figure out if you should sit down before opening the letter? Skinny ones mean grab the box of tissues. How cruel of them to change the rules on you!

Rejected to the PhD program by letter in a huge, beautiful package announcing my acceptance into the Masters program I didnt apply to. Big Packages should NOT hold rejections.

Members don't see this ad :)
Feinberg rejection on the website today - it said the admissions decision has been available as of 3/14/10. I didn't interview there though.

Rejection letter from DePaul's Clinical-Community Program via snail mail received yesterday. Didn't interview, but was put on (what seemed like a totally bogus) waitlist. Boring.

I'm waitlisted similarly at UFL without an interview. I'm counting it as a rejection. They said they'd notify me for a phone interview by April 15th if needed.

Rejected post-interview at UNC-G, after being put on the waitlist.

I called the real estate agent to buy a house in my home town now.

Oh my goodness, I got the same package. Not cool. But I'm not complaining that I have a back-up option now.

Rejected from UWM via email to POI.

The tears were flowing, needless to say. (Anyone who reads this regularly knows how badly I had my heart set on the program)

:(

The tears were flowing, needless to say. (Anyone who reads this regularly knows how badly I had my heart set on the program)

...and UWM stands for??

I'm soooo sorry!!!!

But, on the plus side, Yea!!! Georgia State!!!!

And, you won't have to hear cheese head jokes whenever you tell people that you live in Wisconsin. :)

Hello! Long Island University is my first choice, and has been for years. Now I was wondering, did anyone who did NOT interview there receive a financial aid form from them via email to fill out? How about people who DID interview but did not receive a form? I know they are making their decisions today and I just can't sleep. :( If anyone has any info on this, please PM me... This way I can better gauge my situation. I'm going to be paranoid if I don't get a call before this weekend rolls along...:scared:

Sorry for posting this twice, but I want to make sure that enough people see this so that they can respond...:oops:

Hello! Long Island University is my first choice, and has been for years. Now I was wondering, did anyone who did NOT interview there receive a financial aid form from them via email to fill out? How about people who DID interview but did not receive a form? I know they are making their decisions today and I just can't sleep. :( If anyone has any info on this, please PM me... This way I can better gauge my situation. I'm going to be paranoid if I don't get a call before this weekend rolls along...:scared:

Sorry for posting this twice, but I want to make sure that enough people see this so that they can respond...:oops:

Same thing happened to me... I did not go there for an interview.... I am trying to call their office but nobody seems to answer... Just annoying

Hey- I did attend an interview there... I believe the financial aid form was sent to everyone... At the interview the dean informed us that decisions would be made by today and sent via regular mail- so you may be waiting until Monday to find out depending on where you live!

Also if anyone is awaiting response from George Washington PsyD- they will be sent via email on the 22nd or 23rd from the dean.

Same thing happened to me... I did not go there for an interview.... I am trying to call their office but nobody seems to answer... Just annoying

What do you mean same thing happened to you? Did you get a form even though you didn't interview there?

Hey- I did attend an interview there... I believe the financial aid form was sent to everyone... At the interview the dean informed us that decisions would be made by today and sent via regular mail- so you may be waiting until Monday to find out depending on where you live!

What do you mean by everyone? Everyone who applied or everyone who interviewed? I thought we'd be getting phone calls once they decided? No one there is picking up the phone!!! GRRR

I'm sorry...I really wanted into this program too. Unfortunately I am in the same boat as you.

I'm sorry...I really wanted into this program too. Unfortunately I am in the same boat as you.

Boooo. Oh well. We're off to do bigger and better things without them : )

Found out today that I got rejected at SUNY-Albany & Bowling Green.

...good day

What do you mean by everyone? Everyone who applied or everyone who interviewed? I thought we'd be getting phone calls once they decided? No one there is picking up the phone!!! GRRR

I hear you- LIU is my top choice as well.. No the dean stated that the decision would be mailed ALONG with a letter of financial aid (outlining scholarship money, etc). I am guessing that since you were sent the financial aid form you are still in the running.

This whole process seems to be way less organized than I had expected. As I read other people's entries it really seems that many of the schools dont have much of a method for structuring the whole process.

I just found this site.. a little late in the game I know! However, I am curious to know how many schools do you apply to? What were your expectations in terms of number of schools that would accept you into their program?

Thanks!

What do you mean same thing happened to you? Did you get a form even though you didn't interview there?

Yeah,
I sent my package on the deadline....then 1 month later I received an email telling me that my application is now complete....then I heard nothing...did not go to any onterviews...and then I received the form. I am calling them and noone is answering

Yeah,
I sent my package on the deadline....then 1 month later I received an email telling me that my application is now complete....then I heard nothing...did not go to any onterviews...and then I received the form. I am calling them and noone is answering

Wow that's weird, now we don't know if they're considering you or if they just send them to everyone. Then they don't pick up the phone, that's just cruel...

Does anyone know if they're supposed call you if you're accepted?

THE SECOND ANYONE HEARS ANYTHING FROM LIU, PLEASE POST OR PM ME! :scared:

I just found this site.. a little late in the game I know! However, I am curious to know how many schools do you apply to? What were your expectations in terms of number of schools that would accept you into their program?

Thanks!

You might want to check out this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=708649

People are posting how many schools they applied to, interviewed at, received acceptances or rejections from, etc.

Found out today that I got rejected at SUNY-Albany & Bowling Green.

...good day

I'm sorry to hear that. Which program at UAlbany? And if it was the clinical program, how were you informed? I applied and have not heard anything yet. Thanks!

THE SECOND ANYONE HEARS ANYTHING FROM LIU, PLEASE POST OR PM ME! :scared:

LOL!! I can feel your antsy-ness and I don't even care for the school one way or the other. If anyone hears anything about LIU please please, please, let liupsydplease know or he/she will summon a winter that'll last a thousand years :p

LOL!! I can feel your antsy-ness and I don't even care for the school one way or the other. If anyone hears anything about LIU please please, please, let liupsydplease know or he/she will summon a winter that'll last a thousand years :p

YES I WILL! lol! Seriously, the wait is driving me nuts! I've been accepted to only one of the 9 schools that I applied to (which I should have never applied because I'm really not a good match at that school), and I was hopeful since I got an interview to them all... and now I've gotten 4 rejections, 1 waitlist, and 3 unknown (and one is LIU!!). I have no idea where I stand at LIU and I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten into the other 2... So based on this pattern, I'm antsy as hell! :scared:

I'm not sure why I got so many rejections post interview, maybe I was so enthusiastic that they saw it as not being mature... And I'm worried because I was the most excited at LIU when I interviewed... :confused: Is it common to get 2 acceptances out of 9? :confused:

I'm worried sick not only because this is my future, but all these rejections have put me down big time... quite a hit to the ego...:(

I need all the luck I can get at this point... :luck: so everyone :xf:! They already made their decisions, so there's nothing else I can do except wait and hear.

Last edited:
YES I WILL! lol! Seriously, the wait is driving me nuts! I've been accepted to only one of the 9 schools that I applied to (which I should have never applied because I'm really not a good match at that school), and I was hopeful since I got an interview to them all... and now I've gotten 4 rejections, 1 waitlist, and 3 unknown (and one is LIU!!). I have no idea where I stand at LIU and I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten into the other 2... So based on this pattern, I'm antsy as hell! :scared:

I'm not sure why I got so many rejections post interview, maybe I was so enthusiastic that they saw it as not being mature... And I'm worried because I was the most excited at LIU when I interviewed... :confused: Is it common to get 2 acceptances out of 9? :confused:

I'm worried sick not only because this is my future, but all these rejections have put me down big time... quite a hit to the ego...:(

I need all the luck I can get at this point... :luck: so everyone :xf:! They already made their decisions, so there's nothing else I can do except wait and hear.

I got 6 interviews and 3 acceptances (and 1 waitlist that I doubt I will be accepted off of) so I think it is entirely possible to be accepted into 2+ programs out of 9 interviews!! Don't give up hope- you've done fabulously so far!

I got 6 interviews and 3 acceptances (and 1 waitlist that I doubt I will be accepted off of) so I think it is entirely possible to be accepted into 2+ programs out of 9 interviews!! Don't give up hope- you've done fabulously so far!

I was super nervous after the application process since I heard many people had applied to over 10, 15 schools. In the end, it all came down to choosing the right programs and making sure I could justify a fit (nature of the fit doesn't have to be the same at each school, but you have to find your niche everywhere). It's not that you shouldn't be excited (by all means, make yourself memorable), but you should have focused interests and know exactly what you want out of a program. I wouldn't shut up during my interviews, and sometimes I would kick myself for thinking I said too much, but then realized as long as it was all getting at the same general idea and sounded like I knew where I belonged, it was okay.

Out of 7 total clinical programs, I got 1 flat out rejection w/o interview and 6 interviews- 3 acceptances, and the rest waitlists or I withdrew before knowing what happened. Accepted to and high alternate'ed at my top 2 choices, respectively (eventually withdrew the latter). So, number of schools applied to is pretty irrelevant if you've got a solid, researched list.

Whoa! That was my problem too. Due to my age, appearance and excitability (does not take a lot to get me to start clapping and jumping around like a wind up toy and I am what you would call a naturally peppy person) immature is certainly the first word that comes to mind. That might have hurt me in a few cases. But one of my LOR writers actually pointed out that I get very excited about clinical psych because i am so passionate about it so hopefully that offset some of the presumptions.

You can never tell the acceptance ratios in these cases. Just close your eyes and hope for the best! I really hope it works out for you though:luck::luck:

Remember, all you need is one!

rejected from U of Miami .....but they offered to send my application to be reviewed at the masters level....

Hi- did you receive an email from liu this afternoon inviting to visit classes? The email also stated that acceptances will be offerred over the phone this weekend... Killing me here with the changes!!!

rejected from U of Miami .....but they offered to send my application to be reviewed at the masters level....

How did you hear? I'm 99% positive that I have also been rejected, but I've heard nothing from them.

Last edited: