2008-2009 University of Washington Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody from Idaho gotten any good news yet? I'm starting to get a little worried since it looks like our last EXCOM was Friday :scared:, good luck to everybody still waiting.

Gulp. I got my forms in just in the nick of time as I was busy working in South Africa. I have been studying up for a week now but any tips on how to prepare for the interview in my last day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Gulp. I got my forms in just in the nick of time as I was busy working in South Africa. I have been studying up for a week now but any tips on how to prepare for the interview in my last day?

Be prepared for ethics questions/health policy questions/clinical role play.

I spoke to the admissions office today and they said they are waiting for the Idaho legislature to officially approve funding for the spots before they offer any (Idaho) acceptances right now. Anyone who is accepted will receive an email as soon as the decisions are posted. The rejection or wait-list letter will come in the mail a little later.

I really hope that Idaho isn't considering cutting back on funding - Idaho needs doctors! It would be very foolish for the legislature to cut funding in this area when we already have such a physician shortage. There are many other areas that should be trimmed before healthcare!

Acceptance by email this morning! One of my interviewers let me know and is planning on calling later today to let me know in person.

Interview: January 22, 09
Accepted: March 18, 09

I received three under consideration emails, and sent in an update letter with more shadowing since my interview. I applied as an Idaho resident.

I am so excited! I have been dying the last couple of days waiting for news. Good luck everyone who is still waiting!

Acceptance by email this morning! One of my interviewers let me know and is planning on calling later today to let me know in person.

Interview: January 22, 09
Accepted: March 18, 09

I received three under consideration emails, and sent in an update letter with more shadowing since my interview. I applied as an Idaho resident.

I am so excited! I have been dying the last couple of days waiting for news. Good luck everyone who is still waiting!

CONGRATS!!!:thumbup:

I got a call last night from my interviewer letting me know that I had been accepted!

Idaho applicant

Interviewed on 1/22
Accepted 3/18

Just got the acceptance email!!!!
Interviewed 3/12 (Idaho pool)
Accepted 3/19

SUP MOTHER TRUCKERS?

Sorry I have been gone so long, turns out I got alcohol poisoning and my liver almost exploded. I was feeling sad after what I said before and had a few brews to feel better, and that turned in to a **** ton of 151. We all know how that happens lol.

Any good news y'all or are you guys still being dicked around by the man?

Lates and holla back at me yo

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call last night! It's amazing and I am so excited for next year. Congrats to all you other Idaho people that were accepted.

Int. 1/22
Accept. 3/19
(Idaho applicant)

Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear back!

Congratulations to all you Idaho folks and to people with upcoming interviews! :luck: Good luck :luck:

Hey nina, you still waiting to hear back?

Bufnita and Volkmrr, we all interviewed the same day so I am sure we met each other...see you in Moscow!

Hey nina, you still waiting to hear back?

Hello there djyujin :) I'm still in the "under consideration" group. I was hoping that they were waiting on all OOR applicants until the end because they will accept so few of us, but someone from OOR said they were accepted so I guess my theory is shot.

What happened with you? Did you ever hear back or do you think they haven't reviewed your file yet?

So I am confused from what I've read on here at SDN and from my interview invite e-mail...
When is the last Executive Committee meeting? Is it the 31st or the 20th or something in between?

Hello there djyujin :) I'm still in the "under consideration" group. I was hoping that they were waiting on all OOR applicants until the end because they will accept so few of us, but someone from OOR said they were accepted so I guess my theory is shot.

What happened with you? Did you ever hear back or do you think they haven't reviewed your file yet?

No word yet! No e-mail or anything... weird right?

So I am confused from what I've read on here at SDN and from my interview invite e-mail...
When is the last Executive Committee meeting? Is it the 31st or the 20th or something in between?

I'm also Out of Region and interviewed on 3/9, got one "Under Consideration" email so far. I suspect OOR folks will probably hear late this month, but that's just a theory. Does anyone know when the last Executive Committee meeting is? Do acceptances ALWAYS go out on Thursdays?

Yeah that is really weird! I thought you were always reviewed right after your interview...maybe your ExCom representative was sick?

Have you called to find out your status?

Yeah that is really weird! I thought you were always reviewed right after your interview...maybe your ExCom representative was sick?

Have you called to find out your status?

No... I'm sort of scared to! :scared: :scared: :scared:

but last year, at the very end, the status page was updated with your status in advance of emails coming out.

That might be helpful for all who are still waiting this year.

:luck::luck:

I checked my status page and got this:

"Action was taken on your application 3/17/2009. You should receive a letter from our office by 3/24/2009"

I don't think this could possibly be good news. Oh well :( Good luck to the rest of you

I checked my status page and got this:

"Action was taken on your application 3/17/2009. You should receive a letter from our office by 3/24/2009"

I don't think this could possibly be good news. Oh well :( Good luck to the rest of you

Oh no Nina, say it ain't so!! :scared::scared::scared:

Oh no Nina, say it ain't so!! :scared::scared::scared:

I think it is so :cry: I called the admissions office and she said I'm still in the active pool of applicants and she wasn't sure what it meant that I have a letter sent on my status page. She's going to ask around and call me back. The dates all make sense though so I think it's a rejection.

**Edit: Well they called me back and it IS a rejection. I didn't even make it to the final meeting!! And the dates are wrong, they haven't sent the letter yet.

Good luck to you guys still waiting. I'll check in to see how it all turns out

Last edited:
Sorry Nina, any other acceptances?

Oh no nina! Well I hope you had better luck at other schools!

Oh no nina! Well I hope you had better luck at other schools!

Thanks! Hopefully you hear soon :xf:

Sorry Nina, any other acceptances?

yeah I have some other acceptances of which I'd be happy to attend. I just really wanted to live in Seattle! There is always residency...:)

So sorry Nina! Good luck wherever you end up!

I keep hearing about an online status check for UWSOM. Can anyone tell me how to find it? I've searched for a long time..

Oooh! A whole new way to freak out! (not that I EVER would stress out about getting accepted to medical school... :)) Guess we should all be hearing solid news sometime this week or next?

I checked that page and all it tells me is that my secondary application is complete. Er, that's handy to know.

Good luck this week everyone! :oops:

Last edited:
That is helpful. It says that I should have received a letter by 3/17. Unfortunately, that means it was sent to my parent's house back in Idaho and they're gone on vacation for a week! Ah, the suspense.

Mountainwest...Just putting this out there for you- In the past, that message + no phone call or email= rejection. I believe that all good news comes in the form of an email or phone call first. Don't take my word for it, but you can call the office to be sure, and you wont have to wait a week.

Good luck, I hope I'm wrong:luck:

That is helpful. It says that I should have received a letter by 3/17. Unfortunately, that means it was sent to my parent's house back in Idaho and they're gone on vacation for a week! Ah, the suspense.

Just call them for a status update. My status page said my letter was mailed 3/17, and when I called, they said it hadn't been mailed yet. So who knows how long the actual wait is

Final meetings this week...good luck to all of you!!!:luck::xf:

Any status page updates for anyone? Good luck everyone!

This is my first post! I interviewed back in December and have gotten 3 "under consideration" emails. If the excom meetings end this week does that mean we should hear decisions this week?

This is my first post! I interviewed back in December and have gotten 3 "under consideration" emails. If the excom meetings end this week does that mean we should hear decisions this week?

They will make the decisions by the last meeting, but its tough to know when you will hear. If you look at last years thread you can see what went on towards the end. Looks like it was a mix of this week and beginning of next week that people heard.

Doc Henry - would you mind posting the link for the last years thread? I cant seem to find it. Always looking for new ways to drive myself crazy..

just checked my status page, looks like a rejection for me, updated this morning "Action was taken on your application 3/26/2009. You should receive a letter from our office by 4/2/2009." :( Good luck to all still waiting!

just checked my status page, looks like a rejection for me, updated this morning "Action was taken on your application 3/26/2009. You should receive a letter from our office by 4/2/2009." :( Good luck to all still waiting!

does the "action taken" email definitely mean rejection?

does the "action taken" email definitely mean rejection?

I don't think you can say that anything is "definite", but in the past, the trend was good news came via email or phone call before status change, and a status change before email or phone call was usually bad news. I'm not sure how it works if you get on the waitlist, I think its still an email, and then snail mail to tell you your rank.

hope this helps, good luck

i keep getting an error message on my status update. does anyone have a copy of the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.