2008-2009 University of Kentucky Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit submit, I guess I just overlooked that you have to hit it TWICE.

Man, that SUCKS! At least you have your other interviews to fall back on though. Always look on the bright side, I guess.

Still. That SUCKS!

Members don't see this ad.

well I don't think it's over for me, but yes, it does suck to sit on an application for ~6 weeks thinking you're complete and it turns out you never officially submitted it.

Hey... anyone interviewed at UK already and have any input? I'm headed down there this weekend and SUPER excited, but the interview feedback forum doesn't have much to say about the school. The only feedback from this year is significantly different than the one's from last year, and doesn't seem to quite fit the picture I had of the school. Anyone who's been this year agree/ disagree with it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've spoken with quite a few people who have interviewed there, and none of them have said the same thing about it either. One told me the interview was extremely stressful, and he didn't want to go there after it, I'm not sure if he was accepted. Another said the interview was relaxing and it felt like they were trying to convince her why she should attend the school. I haven't interviewed there, but it may just differ based on who your interviewer it. Good luck with your interview though!

Hey... anyone interviewed at UK already and have any input? I'm headed down there this weekend and SUPER excited, but the interview feedback forum doesn't have much to say about the school. The only feedback from this year is significantly different than the one's from last year, and doesn't seem to quite fit the picture I had of the school. Anyone who's been this year agree/ disagree with it?

I interviewed yesterday, Sept 30th. UK has great facilities and is working extremely efficiently to become a top ranking medical institution. I've been witnessing this effort for two years as an employee. The staff and faculty are excellent and have been for years; now the rest of the program is catching up with them.

As far as the interview goes it's extremely laid back. There is no pretention or attitude from the interviewers. They just want to know who you are and why you have chosen to apply to UK. If you have any questions PM me and I'll be happy to help.

I interviewed yesterday, Sept 30th. UK has great facilities and is working extremely efficiently to become a top ranking medical institution. I've been witnessing this effort for two years as an employee. The staff and faculty are excellent and have been for years; now the rest of the program is catching up with them.

As far as the interview goes it's extremely laid back. There is no pretention or attitude from the interviewers. They just want to know who you are and why you have chosen to apply to UK. If you have any questions PM me and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks UKFrog, that description fits well with what I know about the school (and why I applied!) and what I was expecting to see when I was down there. Thanks for the input!

Does your status page say you have an interview yet, or did they tell you that you'd be getting a interview? I saw where you called them about it on your mdapps. I'm think they might be waiting to schedule some of the interviews until after they finish with the rural applicants.

Yeah... interviewed and accepted already. Feels good to be done with all the worrying. People have different experiences, based solely on the interviewer and how they match your expectations. Mine was tougher than I expected, one was very formal and upfront, the other was sort of awkward but layed back.

The rest of the process that day was extremely laid back and not at all upsetting.

I left feeling as though I did ok, but not what I wanted really. It sucked, because I knew that the school was a great fit for me, and I was worried it didnt go well.

Turns out, it did. Got a call on Thursday with the good news. :)

Hope this helps. BTW, the stuff on the interviews page is old and outdated. They paint a pretty picture that the interview is a walk in the park. Let me be the first to say, it's not. But UKCOM does everything they can to make it less stressful. So comparatively... its laid back.

Hope this helps!

I have the "Interview to be Scheduled" message. Do they send out emails, snail mail, or call? Does this mean I have an interview?

If your status changed to "Interview to be Scheduled" then it means that you have been selected for an interview. Congratulations!

The next thing that happens is that they will send you an e-mail with the date, time, location, and schedule for your interview day. It isn't necessarily sent immediately though. Some people have waiting upwards of 20+ days before getting the e-mail, so you'll have to be patient.

At least you know that you will be getting an interview though. :thumbup:

First off, good luck and congrats to everybody in this process. Im a MS1 at UK that did EDP. Its a great call. Dont go to louisville, their class block schedule SUCKS. Black monday is something I want to have no part in.

Good luck in the process, and enjoy the abstraction that is "i got into medical school"...everyone will be proud of you, you'll have a cake senior year and still want to go.

This feeling lasts until about the second week of school when you realize that this **** is hard and here to stay.

Congrats to all that have an interview! I know this year's interview pool is going to be a tough competition to compete against. UKY is a great educational program and will be a great school to attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
My status just changed to [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Admissions Committee Review Completed. Anyone else in this boat? It sure is nerve wracking to know that your future has already been decided but you can't know the outcome yet..[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]

they're still showing my payment as not being received, though I paid online back in July.

I'm never going to have a chance at Kentucky :(

Have you called to make sure they received your payment? I know it takes them awhile to update the page, but July is a really long time to have to wait for that.

My status just changed to [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Admissions Committee Review Completed. Anyone else in this boat? It sure is nerve wracking to know that your future has already been decided but you can't know the outcome yet..[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]

One more day to go.

Have you called to make sure they received your payment? I know it takes them awhile to update the page, but July is a really long time to have to wait for that.
I emailed Danielle.. again.. with the payment recept notification email that they sent me.

I think maybe because I'm OOS I'm just lower on the totem pole. Or because I keep emailing her she's getting tired of me ;)

I emailed Danielle.. again.. with the payment recept notification email that they sent me.

I think maybe because I'm OOS I'm just lower on the totem pole. Or because I keep emailing her she's getting tired of me ;)

You and I keep ending up in similar situations.

I know she was out of town for awhile and was getting emails but had no way to check on statuses. I called her on Friday (I think) about my Letters of Recommendation. She stated that they had been there since September 8th they just hadn't been updated online. I would imagine this is something similar to your situation. As of last night my online stuff had been updated. So I would give her a call today and just confirm. Good Luck

I called to check about mine, about a few days before the website said it had everything. She confirmed they had it all, but that she just had not entered everything into the computer. I second calling though, it seems like they are updated faster after she hears from someone.

im also supposed to hear about UK tomorrow. i guess from what i understand they can tell me as early as 12 tonight. a friend of mine that did EDP got a phone call from one of his interviewers at 10pm telling him he got in. i really doubt they will call tonight but the anticipation for tomorrow is killing me

I called this morning. Good luck to you all too.

Ahhhhhhh I missed a call from UK while in class this morning and they said they would call me back later... :scared:

I just got a phone call telling me I was accepted! Best of luck to everyone else!

Congratulations to every one.
Any one knows where to find the match list of UK? Thank you!

I'm in too :) congrats everyone! I think the match list was in that brochure they gave us, no?

Ok, now that more people know that they CAN go to UK, who all is actually going to matriculate?

I think we should start a group of our own. Maybe meet some of the other lucky people and talk about how our lives will soon be over!!!!:laugh:

Ok, now that more people know that they CAN go to UK, who all is actually going to matriculate?

I think we should start a group of our own. Maybe meet some of the other lucky people and talk about how our lives will soon be over!!!!:laugh:

Count me in. I'm going blue.

They have school- and year-specific threads in a sub-forum over in the Allopathic Forum. I'll bet you could even be the one to start the "UK COM Class of 2013" thread if you're quick...

does anyone know anything about the status 'screening hold'? i received it after my sent to screening message... doesn't sound good to me...

does anyone know anything about the status 'screening hold'? i received it after my sent to screening message... doesn't sound good to me...

I think that means they've put you on hold before deciding whether to off you an interview. It's not a death sentence, but you're right that it's not really good either.

I think that means they've put you on hold before deciding whether to off you an interview. It's not a death sentence, but you're right that it's not really good either.

yeah i found that out the hard way today...too bad...

My status page says "Interview(s) to be scheduled."

Yay!!

That's a total surprise to me!

I interviewed Nov. 1st, and they said the committee would be meeting next Thursday to make decisions, so I could actually know their answer next Friday!

Good luck!! That's one of the great things about UK, their whole admissions process was run so smoothly and efficiently, unlike some schools.

Good luck!! That's one of the great things about UK, their whole admissions process was run so smoothly and efficiently, unlike some schools.

Indeed, the quick turn-around is at least merciful.

does anyone know how many oos are interviewed and how many get accepted?

From the school selector spreadsheet floating around here, 117 OOS get interviewed, and 22 get accepted.

it seems like that's the matriculated acceptance. 22 doesn't seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.