2008-2009 University of Arizona, Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gah1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Incorporating your education, experiences and background, tell us how you could contribute to a discussion of cultural competence. (Limit: 500 characters)

What, if any, new experiences (i.e. clinical, community, academic, research, publications, travel, etc.) have you become involved since the submission of your AMCAS application?

.Briefly describe a research project, service activity or patient care experience in which you have participated and what lessons this taught you? (Limit: 500 characters).

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else struggling with the first prompt? Is it really just limited to 500 characters? I'm having trouble incorporating my education, background, and experience in one paragraph.

I know! I'm not sure how important it is, if they only allot 500 characters for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take, after your AMCAS was complete, for you to get a secondary?

Do you have to have your LOR in before you receive it?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if it is acceptable NOT to say for the entire interview day? (Tucson campus) Would it hurt my chances at admissions if I left early (right after my scheduled interview in the morning?)

I unfortunately have to be back on campus in Glendale (2 hours away) for one of my master's classes, and attendance is mandatory.

My interview runs from 11-12, and I need to be back in Glendale by 3.

I also already applied last year, took the campus tour, orientation, etc. and don't feel I would be missing much if I left early.

Has anyone ever left early or been in a similar situation?

Thanks.

Dude, where is my secondary? =) Is anyone else still waiting to get one after having turned in their AMCAS over a month ago?

If you took the Sept 2008 MCAT, then they won't send you a secondary until after your scores come in.... your application will be on hold, as mine is. But in this case, any score over 21 will get you an interview as long as you are an AZ resident.

If you took the Sept 2008 MCAT, then they won't send you a secondary until after your scores come in.... your application will be on hold, as mine is. But in this case, any score over 21 will get you an interview as long as you are an AZ resident.

Nope, took mine last year. I should probably call, but I don't want to be that person.

Okay, so I went and asked Ann about not having a secondary yet. Turns out that it was a clerical error and I should have gotten one. She emailed it to me today. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.