2008-2009 George Washington University (GWU) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
withdrew from the AL today:(

Members don't see this ad.

Just withdrew from the alternate list. Loved DC and GW's curriculum, but will be staying at my state school! Good luck to those still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an email from GW admissions office asking if I wished to set up an appointment with Dean McQuail. Will be going in on Thursday. Anyone else on alternate list gotten anything like this?

I've never heard of such a thing. Did it say, or did you find out why? But if she actually wants you to go in rather than just phone in then it doesnt sound very practical for those of us that live a couple of thousand miles away :p

Just received an email from GW admissions office asking if I wished to set up an appointment with Dean McQuail. Will be going in on Thursday. Anyone else on alternate list gotten anything like this?

This sounds like an opportunity. Dean McQuail is great!

Please let us know how it goes.

any word lately on anything? i'm still trying to hold on..

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that i withdrew from GW this week. Definitely a hard decision. I'm so bummed that we won't be classmates at GW...i've really grown attached to everyone here :love:. However, there is always a chance that our paths will cross sometime in the future. Congrats to those who have chosen GW and for those still waiting... keep alive the hope and hang in there... time will solve everything. You will be absolutely fine, i promise. Best of luck to all of you.

:luck::xf::luck:

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that i withdrew from GW this week. Definitely a hard decision. I'm so bummed that we won't be classmates at GW...i've really grown attached to everyone here :love:. However, there is always a chance that our paths will cross sometime in the future. Congrats to those who have chosen GW and for those still waiting... keep alive the hope and hang in there... time will solve everything. You will be absolutely fine, i promise. Best of luck to all of you.

:luck::xf::luck:

wow that's a big decision man, but congrats on your choice! if you don't mind me asking, what school did you end up choosing?

wow that's a big decision man, but congrats on your choice! if you don't mind me asking, what school did you end up choosing?

Thanks man! You're definitely in my thoughts and i'm rooting for ya all the way! In the end it was VCU i choose. Something just felt right about that choice and i can't really quantify it in words. Guess we'll see...

Keep your hope up and stay aggressive. Things will work out. :luck::luck::luck:

Hi all. I just opened up another spot at GW. Let the med school shuffling continue and good luck to everyone.

Hi everyone-

I just withdrew from the AL. Good luck to all still waiting!

hey thanks for the updates everyone, it's really greatly appreciated by those of us waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
any movement lately???

eckkk! keeping my fingers crossed that there is still movement!

I called the office last Wednesday asking if the class has been filled up yet or if there's been any movement from the AL. I was told they had some movement towards the end of May (as we all know), but they're still reviewing files so they're expecting more movement from the list. I'm hoping that's true or maybe they just say that to everyone, so :xf::xf::xf: for all of us!

yeah i called last friday and got basically the same. "they are actively reviewing files and expect movement next (now this) week" so we will see if any of us get lucky

I called them recently and they had told me that the class is currently filled, but they expect a small amount of movement at some point in the future.

Its not looking good...

:(:(:(

how long ago was this? is it after the two posts prior?

It was yesterday, Thursday June 18th. I don't really know what to think. They had mentioned that movement does occur into July, but I am getting more and more worried.

Hopefully it will work out.

It was yesterday, Thursday June 18th. I don't really know what to think. They had mentioned that movement does occur into July, but I am getting more and more worried.

Hopefully it will work out.

OH NO! boooooo :( seems like none of us in this thread are getting the call. :(
let's keeping hoping and keeping our fingers crossed. :xf::xf::xf:
gluck everyone.

do you guys have acceptance somewhere else?

sigh, i don't know what to think or do anymore. or even if i should go ahead and sign another year's lease for my current place. hopefully things will work out... well, things will work out if i can just find out right now, yes or no.

but no, i don't have any acceptances elsewhere

I called on Wed (6/17) - office basically told me that most of the movement has already happened. as much as i hate to say it, i think it's more or less over. would be an out-of-this-world surprise but i'm not holding out for it.

..no acceptances anywhere else either :(

I'm in the same boat as you guys but I think its a little early to give up. If the last few years are any indication of whats to come this year, then at least a few of us GW SDNers will be hearing from them this week. Stay positive until the the very end! :luck:

I'm in the same boat as you guys but I think its a little early to give up. If the last few years are any indication of whats to come this year, then at least a few of us GW SDNers will be hearing from them this week. Stay positive until the the very end! :luck:

Thank you! I agree we need the optimism. I am third time applicant and first time even making waitlists. couldnt have kept doing it without thinking positive. As my signature says "it will all work out in the end, if it hasnt worked out it isnt the end" Good luck to everyone:thumbup:

thanks, i needed to hear that

you never really know when it's over. last cycle my friend got in a week before school started. theres always hope.

just got accepted off the alternate list this morning so there's still movement...being an alternate is so nerve wracking and i hope you all hear back soon :)

Well, looks like they aren't completely finished! Congrats to fhockey13. Maybe our name will be called soon.

Are you going to go? Did you write them letters or anything, or was it just random?

I'm glad to see that my prediction came true. Now lets have some more please. Last ones on SDN usually get in first week or 2 of July. :xf::xf:

i'm about to go insane, i just want to know, in or not

so that i can go right ahead with my plans for this next year

i'm about to go insane, i just want to know, in or not

so that i can go right ahead with my plans for this next year

I know exactly how you feel!
I'm not WL here but elsewhere and I'm about to go :boom:
Hang in there!

As much as I hate to say it because I am almost certain that at least 1 more person will be getting in off the AL this year, I think it's time to stop holding your breath and move on to plan B. In my case, plan B is to come up with a plan B :oops:

As much as I hate to say it because I am almost certain that at least 1 more person will be getting in off the AL this year, I think it's time to stop holding your breath and move on to plan B. In my case, plan B is to come up with a plan B :oops:

if you hate to say it then dont. It is still june, though I am currently filling out the AMCAS for the 4th time, I am still staying positive. Keep your pessimism to yourself

Does anyone know if I can apply Early Decision or General MD for 2010 if I am still on the AL for this year?

I am still hoping to get off the AL, but I don't want to waste the opportunity of applying early for the next cycle.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

BUMP

Somebody say something! Has anyone called recently to get an update? Is there still hope for GW this year?

Well considering the $3000 deposit becomes non-refundable after July 1, I feel it is becoming more and more appropriate to move on.

Still have my toes crossed while I type up another AMCAS :) ...

I wonder if it's just a coincidence that the year when everyone expected the most movement from GW (due to all its early probation problems) it had the least of the last few years on sdn.

I withdrew my application from the AL today. Good luck to the rest of you!!! :) I'll keep my fingers crossed!

so quiet here!
am i the only one that is still actively holding hope that there will be some movement?

does anyone know when classes start?

:xf::luck::xf:

i still have hope...but am currently also studying to retake the MCAT later this summer.

My friend got in and I believe she said that orientation starts on august 18th (or so)...so being optomistic that gives us a whole month to continue to hypertensively stare at our phones

so quiet here!
am i the only one that is still actively holding hope that there will be some movement?

does anyone know when classes start?

:xf::luck::xf:

i've been pretty quiet, but you're not the only one. i'm still hopeful, but i also realize i have to come back to reality and planning for the next step. still hopeful, but trying to let go for now

i still have hope...but am currently also studying to retake the MCAT later this summer.

My friend got in and I believe she said that orientation starts on august 18th (or so)...so being optomistic that gives us a whole month to continue to hypertensively stare at our phones

When did your friend get in? (I'm assuming off the AL)

When did your friend get in? (I'm assuming off the AL)

yes off the waitlist but a while ago. I would say may 31st-ish. She wrote a letter of interest in March

are you guys planning to apply again in 2009-2010? or wait a year to strengthen the application and apply in 2010-2011?

yes off the waitlist but a while ago. I would say may 31st-ish. She wrote a letter of interest in March

I wrote a couple of letters of interest since I was put on the AL, hopefully it was not in vain. With a month left to go though, I think maybe one or two of us will get the news we're waiting for, and although I hate to do this, I'm putting any intense hopes I have of being in DC in Aug on the back burner. If it happens, then amazing but there definitely needs to be an exit strategy.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group or anything for people who are accepted to GWU? My exroommate needs info on where are good places to live in or around DC near GWU.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group or anything for people who are accepted to GWU? My exroommate needs info on where are good places to live in or around DC near GWU.

i think there's supposed to be like a google group they invite you to once accepted or something

did your ex-roomie get accepted recently???

Status
Not open for further replies.