2008-2009 AMCAS Questions Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay, I have a question regarding AMCAS.

If I have my transcripts sent in to AMCAS before I submit the actual application, is there any way for me to see that my transcripts have been verified before I submit?

Or do I have to wait until everything is in?

Thanks for your help!

They can't verify your tranny without the submitted AMCAS.

You enter your classes, and they compare the actual tranny to what you entered.

That is the essence of the verification.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, I have a question regarding AMCAS.

If I have my transcripts sent in to AMCAS before I submit the actual application, is there any way for me to see that my transcripts have been verified before I submit?

Or do I have to wait until everything is in?

Thanks for your help!

Your application cannot be verified until your hit submit. You will get an email when your transcripts are received.

I will be reapplying to med-school again this year and was wondering whether or not I should write a new personal statement...I know schools get so many that they have a bunch of different readers, so I was thinking it would be very rare to get the same reader and the same PS from last year wouldn't matter...Am I correct in this matter or should I just suck it up and start writting another?

If you didn't get in there is something wrong with your application. I'd change everything as much as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
So at this point in the cycle, what is the lag time between when a letter packet is sent out and when AMCAS registers it as received? For what its worth, my application is already processed,

In mid-May it was about 1 week. Now it's probably around 2.

If you didn't get in there is something wrong with your application. I'd change everything as much as possible.

It is better to isolate what specifically was wrong rather then change every single thing esp. when certain things are good. I've been told by a person in Gtown's SMP faculty that if you are reapplying and have a strong statement you can just do some cleaning up to change what you are doing differently this year and add that new info rather then changing up the whole thing. Chances are it may be something other then your essay that didn't get you in. this is why its important to talk to adcoms.

when reapplicants apply the letters aren't repopulated. does that mean i have to pay and resend them to AMCAS?

when reapplicants apply the letters aren't repopulated. does that mean i have to pay and resend them to AMCAS?

Yes. I had an acct with Interfolio which I renewed when I knew i'd be reapplying in 1 or 2 years originally. so I saved my old letters onto there and had interfolio send it to amcas.

Wow, this is the old thread.

:laugh: :laugh: The work activities thread that everyone posts on for quetions about that section is far, far, far older.

It was started by a UMich graduate of class of 2010, this past spring's graduating class. He had started it to give advice his advisors at undergrad gave him. Then LizzyM and I took over in answering people's questions and now catalystik has done the same, who I venture to guess is also a adcom member somewhere though they never have confirmed or denied it.

That has been around since 2006. its 2010.

So this thread is relatively young.

But on that note to the person I posted on this thread for, therei s a 2010 to 2011 version of the thread as well. Let's transfer over to that one.