2007 LECOM Biomedical Postbac Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That is going to suck

you're telling me...i'm going to try to avoid it if at all possible

Members don't see this ad.

i will be filling out my aacomas when i get up there as i am still preparing for my 2nd mcat this tuesday. what is the general concesus on when to get this stuff filed for entrance for the 2008 school year anyway? hope i haven't already gotten behind hte 8 ball

- hoping to break 30, wish me luck -

-hope it went well! I'm taking mine on monday:cool: do we need to bring anything to the test site besides ID?

I'm in the post bac for the fall. I'm just having a little trouble finding a good place to live. I'll be out in Erie on the 28th and 29th and looking for a place to stay for a few weeks or possibly the whole 8 months. My wife may be coming later in semester but maybe not until I'm in a medical school and thats why I'm not sure on how long I need someone to room with.
I'm male, 27, and married. I don't drink or smoke (so a I'm full time designated driver:) ).
If anyone can help that would be really great.
Post any questions to the blog please.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyon! to everyonen who's finalized all their housing stuff.well..anyone have any suggestions on good apt complexes? (ive consulted rental guide erie but I mean it gives most of the popular ones which are all basically taken or really really expensive..both the site and the book..actually i lost the book lol). just wondering if some of u can just post the names of your complexes that youll be living in..im gonna be coming to erie onn sunday to finalize housing. Just gonna go around the area to get acquainted and get an apt before the 3rd..i have a HUGE dilemma im taking my mcats here in nj on the 8th..and im gonna be driving to erie this sunday..then coming back on monday..then flying there on the 3rd..then flying back to jersey on the 7th (btw do we have calss on friday morning cuz i didnt get the schedule or book list)..and then im gonna take my mcat on the 8th and then drive back on the 9th lol so i gotta hectic schedule ... so if ne one can help me out with some good apt complexes that arent more than say..15 min from LECOM..id GREATLY appreciate it! thanks so much everyone! and see u there! (btw i noticed theres an Applebees in that area...are the appetizers still half off after 10 there too lol just curious i cant live without those quesadillas hahaha)..thanks everyone OH and say i just want to go to lecom this monday to make my payment *(since ill be there anyway)..do we have to dress up before we get on campus?even if im with my dad and sister? lol sorry with the bombarding with questions.but anyyy help or suggestions would be great! thanks everyone!

do we have to dress up before we get on campus?even if im with my dad and sister? lol sorry with the bombarding with questions.but anyyy help or suggestions would be great! thanks everyone!

when i went i wore khaki's and a button down without a tie and was fine. they said if you're getting your security stuff worked out dress up because you need to be in your picture on your id

Just got this email:

ATTENTION 2007 Postbac Students: Below you will find and email sent to all students at LECOM regarding a housing opportunity.

Hi - if anyone is still looking for housing, there are two bedrooms available in a 3 bedroom home just 2 blocks from LECOM. House is contemporary (built in 2000), rooms are unfurnished, has a brand new fridge, extra freezer, washer and dryer, and 2-car attached garage. 1 bedroom has a private bathroom and walk-in closet. The other bedroom is on the main floor with access to a full bathroom as well. 3rd bedroom is in use/storage (away on rotations).
Asking $575/room + spit utilities. E-mail [email protected] for more info.

hey everyone. new LECOM post-bacc admit for fall 08...moved into my new place aug 15th from charlotte so i would love some human contact ;)

i'm kinda confined to my place. i was in a car accident 4 days before i left (great way to start out) and have a torn oblique muscle, but i'm a pretty funny guy and could use a friend :). let me know about any meet & greet, grab a beer, do whatever!

Hey everyone, I figured I would join the group since I received a very nice email from Megan, so thanks to her! Anyways I am starting the Post Bac program this Sept just like everyone else and I just moved to town this Friday. Seems pretty cool here, I have been wonderin around checking things out! Hopefully maybe we can all get together for those who are livin here and after the first night of classes like Megan said in her email. It would be nice to meet everyone since I am orignally from Ohio and all my family and friends are 2 hours away! Hopefully I will hear somethin soon! Take care everyone!!

Hello new members,

I just moved to Erie a couple weeks ago from Indiana...so I'm 6 hours away from family/ friends.

I was surprised that only 50 people are doing this program....or was the e-mail just for those who were looking for housing?

It's great that mshheaddoc is trying to get people in this thread! I wanted to post about my roommate hunt. Please forward to anyone who might be interested...

I'm looking for a roommate for a 2 BR/1 Bath apartment:

It's about a 15 minute drive from LECOM
Secure, quiet complex with a parking lot
Walmart and grocery are within walking distance.
Laundry facility in the building
Stove, fridge, and range
Carpeted and unfurnished
No pets allowed.
Lease is for 1 year, but I'm going to see if I can get a smaller one since the program is only 8 months.

I'm a 22 year old female who graduated in May with my bachelors. I'd describe myself as quiet, introverted, but friendly. I respect others' property and space, and I expect the same. I'm not confrontational, so I'd prefer to be in an easy-going, respectful environment with someone who has good cleaning habits. I enjoy tennis on my off time.

If you're interested in sharing the apartment, feel free to PM me
with any questions/concerns. The rent split between two people would come
to about $300 each + split electric. I think its a nice complex that'd be a
good, quiet environment for studying. I wish it were a bit closer to
campus, but that's the only con I see.

Hello new members,

I just moved to Erie a couple weeks ago from Indiana...so I'm 6 hours away from family/ friends.

I was surprised that only 50 people are doing this program....or was the e-mail just for those who were looking for housing?

when I was there on Saturday the security guy said i was one of 52 for this upcoming year, but i don't know how accurate that is.

as for me, grew up outside of Detroit Michigan, went to UofM for undergrad, got crappy grades half the time, good ones the other half to average out as bad, but not career breaking. did well on MCAT and what not so now I'm in the program. I'm moving in the 14th (insert worried/angry smiley face here) so we'll see how that goes. if anyone wants to trade a week on their couch for drinks/groceries/anything else they might need let me know because i would prefer to be in an apartment or something than camping. (yes, you can have some random guy on the internet sleeping in your brand new apartment! that probably killed any chance...)

other than that I'm around working for the rest of the summer and leaving for Erie on the 4th (not leaving until after the first football game) and I'm up for drinks or dinner or whatever when we get there.

any questions or whatever just message me or email me ([email protected]), until then, peace

-Dave

good idea with the email! getting together somewhere would be awesome..
for those of you that don't know..I just graduated from ohio wesleyan and was born/raised in erie..if you have any questions about the city, throw me a PM.looking forward to meeting everyone,
-Amanda

p.s. i re-took the mcat today..no more studying! until postbacc starts of course...:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm surprised only 50 as well, I guess not everyone was qualified?

Is there a place where 50+ people could get together to meet after the first night of class? I know NOTHING about erie. We could have a potluck or something labor day weekend. I'm taking the MCAT sept 8th so that is going to be my main focus until then!

Congrats to rugger for getting it done! :luck:

Has anyone gotten their ID's yet? Where's everyone living? Is everyone applying this year? Any word on when we get our schedules? I'm sick of waiting. And do we start the 4th or 5th?

I don't think it was mandatory to put your name on the roommate list; maybe it's not an all inclusive list. Now that y'all mention it, I wonder how many students will be in the post bac this year.

I scheduled an appointment for badge picture on Labor Day. I'd like to see the schedule, too! I toured the school, and it seems small, secure, and clean. I thought it a bit odd that there's a window in the security office that overlooks the cafeteria. Other than that, I'm looking forward to starting class and getting settled somewhere.

Anyone find great furniture bargains for their place?

Oh okay...I guess Maggie sends out the housing emails to all the students, then. I just looked at the most recent housing list, and there are about 21 students on it...so maybe the 52 is an accurate number. If it is, that makes me happy! I'm glad the class isn't too large; I expected it to be double that size.

:luck:

Has anyone gotten their ID's yet? Where's everyone living? Is everyone applying this year? Any word on when we get our schedules? I'm sick of waiting. And do we start the 4th or 5th?

the security guy told me no one gets IDs until orientation. and i'm thinking about doing a limited application this year (not as many schools). also, i'm living in Winchester Apts. which is between school and the mall (through pastore). i got the info from that little book that they gave us. i just went through and starting calling places beginning at the school and working my way outward. eventually when i found one available, i went to see it when i was there and then signed. good luck with all that

edit:
Well I didn't put my name on the roommate list and I still got the email, but maybe that was an oversight?

sorry, forgot to mention that i was also not on the housing list and received the e-mails

so yeah, i just moved to erie from charlotte and i'm 10hrs away from anyone i know so PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD someone contact me :D

i live in the mill glen apts near mill creek mall and i have no friends for 2 weeks until classes start, so i would love to meet some of you before classes begin. hit me up on AIM: higgsthamighty or at myspace.com/largenegro. looking forward to it :)

Well since everyone is giving their stats guess I should throw mine out there too! Female, 25 yrs old. Born and raised near Youngstown Ohio where I got my BS in biology and my MS in biology at YSU. Had not so good grades as an undergrad, good grades as a grad student, MCAT is ok but I dont think I will be taking it again. Just moved into town on the 17th in Lovell Place, about 15 minutes from LECOM and really love my apartment. Very clean and secure. So I figure I will be applying for this upcoming year b/c I hate to have to move back home (2hrs away) then back up here if I get in. Def think we should all get together, it would be cool to meet you all especially before classes start! Going to have my photo id taken tomorrow so it will be the first time I get to see the campus!

FYI for everyone wondering, I just got an email back from the bookstore regarding our book lists. They said they haven't received them yet :-(.

Just to join the bandwagon - I am a 25 y/o guy from Albany, NY (about 6 hours from Erie). My roommate and I are both in the medical post-bacc program and we are living in Scenery Hills (right down the road from LECOM). My dilemma involves a not so good undergrad GPA and an average MCAT. I would definitely be up for getting to know some other post-bacc'ers.
See everyone in Erie !!
:-D

Ok well since we all keep talkin about meeting up here is what I know about this town. I live in downtown and I am within walking distance of State street. There are a ton of bars down that way so maybe something like that? I will be in town until friday and then I am going back home to pick up more stuff, apparently 2 trucks and one car couldn't hold everything I own, Ha! So I guess I will keep on checkin here and my emails and see if anyone has any other ideas about when and where. Hope everyone is having a great week!

is there a faecbook group for lecom postbaccs i just joined a general LECOM group but i dont know if theres one for the postbacc unless im wrong

I live in downtown and I am within walking distance of State street. There are a ton of bars down that way so maybe something like that?

i'm totally down...i've been apt restricted due to a torn oblique and could really use some human contact. i'm up near mill creek mall so how far is that?

25yo, former college slacker/party-er turned science geek w/ modest mcat. just thought i'd join the bandwagon.

i will be moving into my apt in lake view (right next to scenery hills) this friday so any of you that would like to meet up for drinks (state street was fun when i went up to visit in june) i would be very much interested

Hi guys! I'm starting up with the post-bacc program at LECOM in a couple weeks as well, meeting up sounds like a great idea. I had a quick question for everyone though...as far as the two day orientation goes is everyone bringing family members?? It says refreshments for family members are offered the second day but it seems a little strange to bring people along then head off to classes. Just wondered what your thoughts were, any feedback would be great!

just thought i would send out the FYI that state street is downtown, which is where I live. It is about 10-15 minutes from the millcreek mall if that helps those who dont know where it is! I was down there this past weekend, it is very cheap and lots of fun!

and about bringing the family members thing, I'm not personally. My fam lives 2 hours away and they work so it will be just me!

i'm totally down...i've been apt restricted due to a torn oblique and could really use some human contact. i'm up near mill creek mall so how far is that?

i'm right by the mall as well so i can give you a ride if you want. i don't mind driving for the first bar night...the only problem is a) i won't be there until the 4th and b) i won't be in my place until the 14th (i'll either be camping or on some generous soul's couch)

hello! im 22..rutgers grad..ba in biological sciences..and i need good grades =) and living in the highland park apts right down west grandview!

well for those that are cool with the bar idea, i am down. i am leavin town this friday and wont be back until after the 30th, prob like the 31st depending on how productive i am on gettin all my stuff i left at my rents house packed into my car! so just let me know what everyone wants to do. and thanks for the facebook but invite but i used to be a GA as a grad student and when i had an account my old students just about killed me with messages so i will just stick with this and the emails. hope everyone has a great night!

the bar idea sounds good guys,
let me know if u need state street suggestions..I have frequented them many times haha

i'm right by the mall as well so i can give you a ride if you want. i don't mind driving for the first bar night

rental car secured! thx for the offer though. good to know someone's in the neighborhood!

someone post a date and direx and i'm there :thumbup:

rental car secured! thx for the offer though. good to know someone's in the neighborhood!

someone post a date and direx and i'm there :thumbup:

not a problem at all.

as for me i'm moving to my camping site on the 4th (no couches i can find) and will be in town from then on. let me know what's going on and i'll be there for sure.

I think each exam just covers everything after the previous exam with a final that is cumulative.

ahh i have nurse's aid training 7 hrs/day in october...i hope i can handle the exams then!

I have finally made a decision for this next year. I will be attending LECOM this September for the postbac program. Still looking into an apartment so I may be camping out as well. I graduated from Florida State and took some graduate classes there before finding this program. I'm a liittle worried about the cold because I have lived in Florida my whole life. I wish you all luck this year and look forward to meeting you all during orientation.

Hi everyone, I will be coming to post-bacc at lecom this fall as well. Just to introduce myself: 24 y/o, did my undergrad at Austin College (TX), worked in clinical research for a couple of years. def looking forward to meeting all of you; i'm driving up from dallas and will get to erie on the 4th. let me know if we're meeting up on tuesday and i'll be there.

I notice that all of you are getting to know each other, and you will find that the friendships formed are priceless. These people will be you best critics and helpers in the months to come.

Make sure you utilize the faculty at the school, they will help you along while you are there.

Just a side note on getting together: Molly Branigans is a nice Irish Pub (good food) btwn 5th & 6th on State st. There are about 3-4 other bar/eating establishments in the surrounding block. Sherlock's, next door, has bands playing every weekend.
Just remember you're here to get an education not stay at the bars every weekend. Of course you'll find that out very soon. I apologize for the lecture but this is exactly what you'll get from the post-bac director but believe me I'm being nice about it.

Oh, and to tell you all I finally got into med school and will be leaving this coming week. If you need any other info on the area please don't hesitate to PM me.

Good luck to all!

I notice that all of you are getting to know each other, and you will find that the friendships formed are priceless. These people will be you best critics and helpers in the months to come.

Make sure you utilize the faculty at the school, they will help you along while you are there.

Just a side note on getting together: Molly Branigans is a nice Irish Pub (good food) btwn 5th & 6th on State st. There are about 3-4 other bar/eating establishments in the surrounding block. Sherlock's, next door, has bands playing every weekend.
Just remember you're here to get an education not stay at the bars every weekend. Of course you'll find that out very soon. I apologize for the lecture but this is exactly what you'll get from the post-bac director but believe me I'm being nice about it.

Oh, and to tell you all I finally got into med school and will be leaving this coming week. If you need any other info on the area please don't hesitate to PM me.

Good luck to all!

congrats on the med school!

again thanks for the facebook invite but its not the fact that the message board is private, its having a profile at all. my students liked to message me about 25 times a day, had to delete my old account.

so anyways i am game for the whole pinic and/or first night after class thing, back in ohio for the week so just PM me with details or what everyone decides. hope everyone is havin a great week!!

i know i know boo to me on the facebook thing, sorry! i just cant handle it, lol! anyways if anyone needs my email address just PM me and i will let you have it, hope everyone is doin well!

Hey guys! I'm a little late in joining the conversation. I'm coming up from North Carolina this weekend. I'll be in town by Sunday. Props to those camping out. I will be doing a little of that myself it seems. The apartment I was looking has pushed back opeing until the 11th. If you are planning to get together before Wed night just let me know.

anyone hear anything about what books we need, or find the book list online anywhere? I would like to get a head start on buying them if possible. thanks

-dave

Do any of you guys know what the average stats are for LECOM's program? I looked on their website and it just gave the usual general statement. If you'd like to share your stats that would be awesome but if you don't i understand.

haha I'm excited to finally meet everyone:)

I guess it's about that time of year for people to apply to the LECOM postbac program. If anyone has any questions about the program, leave a post on here, I believe there are still at least 5 of us current postbacs who still use SDN.

What are the typical statistics of admitted students? Is mid May to late to apply (after I get this semsters grades and MCAT score)?

So how has the postbac program treated you guys? I was wondering because I plan on applying for the Fall of 2008.