2006 Non-Trad Applicants' Progress Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sweetdoc said:
Congrats on your success in this cycle, FDoRoML!

sweetdoc

Thanks Sweetdoc! That's... uhhhhhh... sweet of you (really, no pun intended until after I thought about it!).

I hope this thread offers some wisdom and encouragement for others who are trying or thinking of trying to follow their dreams. I know that reading through it made me feel less alone.

FDoRoML

Members don't see this ad.

sweetdoc said:
Congrats on your success in this cycle, FDoRoML!

sweetdoc

Thanks Sweetdoc! That's... uhhhhhh... sweet of you (really, no pun intended until after I thought about it!).

I hope this thread offers some wisdom and encouragement for others who are trying or thinking of trying to follow their dreams. I know that reading through it made me feel less alone.

FDoRoML

doctorjoy said:
Hello all. I really like this thread. Anyway I have received three secondaries (MSUCOM, UMDNJ, PCOM-GA) :thumbup:

I have not been to this thread in a very long time. I stayed away from this site just for my own sanity. But away I am glad to say I have finally received an acceptance for PCOM-GA for class of 2010. :laugh: :clap: :clap: I have am still waiting to hear what the other two schools have to say. But PCOM-GA was my first choice and I am just full of glee. My dream has come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats doctorjoy!

sweetdoc

doctorjoy said:
I have not been to this thread in a very long time. I stayed away from this site just for my own sanity. But away I am glad to say I have finally received an acceptance for PCOM-GA for class of 2010. :laugh: :clap: :clap: I have am still waiting to hear what the other two schools have to say. But PCOM-GA was my first choice and I am just full of glee. My dream has come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:
Awesome, congrats. :clap:

doctorjoy said:

Congrats!

I just got into my top choice (UC Irvine), too!

Very surreal feeling - I found out last Sunday. Stupid cell phone - I got the call on Friday, but my cell phone didn't ring, and the voicemail didn't show up until I returned home from a trip (CA to NY). I was away visiting soon-to-be in-laws on the east coast. I knew from SDN that The Phone Call was usually placed the third or fourth weekend after the interview date, which put it at my getaway weekend. I went to the get-together with my cell phone in my pocket and dancing on pins and needles the whole time. I must have said, "I'm trying to get into medical school, and I should hear back from Them literally any day now, like this weekend," thirty times. And the whole time I was already in. It sucks eggs that I couldn't relax, and celebrate with my family that weekend. My cell phone was not roaming and had a strong signal. I'm so mad at my cell phone company, I want to switch out of spite!

Oh well, water under the bridge. The important thing is that I'm in! :clap: :clap:

I got an acceptance phone message from Baylor, so my process is done. I'm very proud to have been accepted to Baylor, since I saw that as a reach school from day one. I'm stunned by the outcome of this year's applications.

Congrats to everyone else who has had good news and good luck to everyone waiting!

gujuDoc said:
Woooooooooohoooooooooooooooo congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Thanks!

What are you up to these days?

MoosePilot said:
I got an acceptance phone message from Baylor, so my process is done. I'm very proud to have been accepted to Baylor, since I saw that as a reach school from day one. I'm stunned by the outcome of this year's applications.
Congrats! :D :hardy: :clap:

MoosePilot said:

Congrats to everyone else who has had good news and good luck to everyone waiting!

Congrats, Moose!

MoosePilot said:

Moooooooose! WTG! :hardy: I'm glad you're back; we missed you. :)

What's up everyone? I'm getting ready to go to set up a river camp for a few days.
And I'm in like, and I'm on pins and needles about UC Davis. REALLY want to go there for so many reasons, and it's all I can do not to call the Admissions Office and beg. I just need to vent for a moment. Not only am I hooked into the community here in Sac, and not only do I love the academics at Davis, but my rivers are 2-3 hrs away, Tahoe is 1.5 hrs away and I can still patrol part-time, AND I'm dating someone in Tahoe City. Ahhhh! It's killing me. TC boy and I can't get serious until I know I'm going to be around, and we're into each other, bigtime. Send me some good vibes. UCSF rejected me after two AWESOME interviews, so I feel kind of freaked out about everything.
Wish me some luck. And luck to everyone else! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
nikibean said:
What's up everyone? I'm getting ready to go to set up a river camp for a few days.
And I'm in like, and I'm on pins and needles about UC Davis. REALLY want to go there for so many reasons, and it's all I can do not to call the Admissions Office and beg. I just need to vent for a moment. Not only am I hooked into the community here in Sac, and not only do I love the academics at Davis, but my rivers are 2-3 hrs away, Tahoe is 1.5 hrs away and I can still patrol part-time, AND I'm dating someone in Tahoe City. Ahhhh! It's killing me. TC boy and I can't get serious until I know I'm going to be around, and we're into each other, bigtime. Send me some good vibes. UCSF rejected me after two AWESOME interviews, so I feel kind of freaked out about everything.
Wish me some luck. And luck to everyone else! :luck:
When will you hear from them, Niki? Good luck!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

QofQuimica said:
When will you hear from them, Niki? Good luck!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Thanks Q! I'd love to know when I'll hear. I've got alternate plans in the works that need to start sooner than later if things don't work out and I'm absolutely stuck...Ah patience isn't a virtue, but it damn well should be. :laugh:

So, after much thought, I've made a decision to head to University of Washington for the next 4 (or more, who knows) years. Anybody else make a final decision??

I would love to make a final decision, but I'm waiting on the financial aid package from one particular school. With some luck, I'll have that info today or tomorrow.

...and there it is. I've been offered a substantial scholarship at one of my schools. I'm still waiting on one more school before I have all of the info I need to make my decision.

Of course, until that arrives, the decision is now harder rather than easier. Not exactly what I expected, but I'm not complaining!

blee said:
...and there it is. I've been offered a substantial scholarship at one of my schools. I'm still waiting on one more school before I have all of the info I need to make my decision.

Of course, until that arrives, the decision is now harder rather than easier. Not exactly what I expected, but I'm not complaining!

Congrats, blee! I look forward to hearing your final choice.

.edu-MD said:
My final decision is for Wayne State for 4, and quite likely 9 (school + residency + fellowship). But let me not get ahead of myself too much :)

But sending out that final withdrawal letter sure took a load off. Now my only worry is how much I can save up over the next several months.

It is a good feeling, isn't it? Congrats on Wayne State!

One more non-trad in med school! I just got into UC Davis this morning. Good luck to everyone :luck:

gossmer said:
One more non-trad in med school! I just got into UC Davis this morning. Good luck to everyone :luck:

Congrats, gossmer!!

And the verdict is in.

I will be matriculating at Georgetown this fall. :D :D :D

blee said:
And the verdict is in.

I will be matriculating at Georgetown this fall. :D :D :D

Absolutely fabulous! (Sorry, watched a marathon of Abfab last night!)

YES!!!

I got in to NYMC!

don't let 'em tell you that 33 years old is too old!

If you want it bad enough, you can overcome anything, even a sub 3.0 in undergrad.

Good luck to everyone else who's waiting to hear still this cycle.

QofQuimica said:
Ok, ok, so I know I'm jumping the gun a little :oops: , but I'm done with the rough draft of my AMCAS and I am sick of waiting already. :p Anyone else planning to submit AMCAS this week?

I wasn't but think I will be now...

imrep1972 said:
YES!!!

I got in to NYMC!

don't let 'em tell you that 33 years old is too old!

If you want it bad enough, you can overcome anything, even a sub 3.0 in undergrad.

Good luck to everyone else who's waiting to hear still this cycle.
Congrats!

susan, you should start a new thread for the 2007 rising class. Most of the people posting on this one are getting ready to start school in a few months. :p