2006 NC Med Schools Acceptance/Rejection Thread part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LO281OK said:
I just got an email acceptance from Wake!! :)

congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

LO281OK said:
I just got an email acceptance from Wake!! :)

A hearty congrats! Hopefully I'll see you in July.

As much as I want you guys to get off the lists, I'm getting worried that our support group is going to dwindle over the next few months. Whatever happens, I'll be here till the 11th hour, though I'm sure ya'll will be plenty sick of my solipsistic posts well before then :laugh:.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems as though final letters for ECU are being sent out at the end of this week. I tried to get more info from Shelia, but didn't get a lot. Maybe someone else with more persuasive abilities would be able to find out a little more. Anyway just a heads up for those waiting on ECU.

G

unknowng said:
It seems as though final letters for ECU are being sent out at the end of this week. I tried to get more info from Shelia, but didn't get a lot. Maybe someone else with more persuasive abilities would be able to find out a little more. Anyway just a heads up for those waiting on ECU.

G

Thank you, unknowng. Very interested in the decision...

unknowng said:

G

A closure on this would be very nice. I called Sheila a few times.. she only told me that my file has been through the adcom couple of times.

Good luck folks!

Just withdrew from my acceptance from Wake. Hope a spot opens up for someone on here...

2DEG said:
A closure on this would be very nice. I called Sheila a few times.. she only told me that my file has been through the adcom couple of times.

Good luck folks!
Good luck to everyone waiting on ECU, especially you 2DEG. Hope your "closure" is an acceptance. Best of luck. :luck:
Dave

One more....I got off the wake waitlist the other day.

My boyfriend got off Wake's waitlist today too!

Congrats Newguy, congrats to your bg chinagnel1!

Good info on ECU. Anytime I call there I can't get anything at all out of Sheila. Here's hoping a few of us get some good news from Greenville next week!

Good luck everyone!

Crossing my fingers for ECU... I interviewed 6.5 months ago!

Members don't see this ad :)
Packamylase said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear Tomorrow or Sat. I know last year they sent out the letters at the end of this week and most people heard by Mon or Tues.

Packamylase said:

That's how I am with Wake. I had my 6 month anniversary of being put on the waitlist the other day.

buffaloox said:
I wouldn't be surprised to hear Tomorrow or Sat. I know last year they sent out the letters at the end of this week and most people heard by Mon or Tues.

Thanks. We'll see...

I got accepted to VCU yesterday!

I talked to Sheila today. She said first of next week for the letters. She said the class was not full and they would be sending out acceptances as well as the other two less palatable options. So hope for good news at the end of this week or sometime next. :luck:

I talked with my source in the admissions office at ECU and got the same info. The class still has about 20 seats left and there is usually a large group of admissions after the 15. Also remember they usually overfill the class with the assumption a lot of people will go elsewhere. With them being, in their words, "about a month behind" we should see a lot of people dropping ECU as a school and taking other offers. I know of at least four people who have been accepted elsewhere who are waiting on financial aid and will probably go there if given good money. Also the admissions commettee being so slow can be nothing but good for those of us still waiting as others will probably accept to other schools before they hear from ECU. ECU is my first choice so I'm hoping for good things. Good luck everyone. Hopefully this will be over soon.

G

unknowng, do you work at ECU? Or does anyone else, if you do, stop by 3s-07.
thanks fo the info either way, that is pretty good news, 20 spots?!

Well, if the ECU letters went out today, we should be getting them tomorrow, Monday, or Tuesday. Good luck everyone!

I spoke with the adcom @ ecu, they said they made the final decisions today and would be sending out letters mon and tues.
good luck to all!

buffaloox said:
I spoke with the adcom @ ecu, they said they made the final decisions today and would be sending out letters mon and tues.
good luck to all!

So, if we live in NC, we should expect letters by Thursday or so?

registered user said:
I think this statement is correct. . . . maybe ask seethrew? However, I don't think it explains why the oos waitlist would move less than the instate list.

I am so fvkin' pissed at UNC.
its easy if you got your ducks in line, and they are strict. it was easier for me to accomplish since my fam has been down here for so long and having taken summer classes at unc a million years ago, i knew what was involved and didnt miss a beat, although i got especially lucky with the BOG.

so i was oos for application, accepted as oos, then 2s after got instate tuition. awesome.

It will be May 15 tomorrow (deadline to return waitlist response)... meaning it's time to call the UNC admissions office with questions about waitlist rank :laugh:

Should be fun for all.

Is anyone still interested in meeting up in Chapel Hill? I'm thinking we might need to push it back a week or two so more can people can come?

Any thoughts?

nimotsu said:
It will be May 15 tomorrow (deadline to return waitlist response)... meaning it's time to call the UNC admissions office with questions about waitlist rank :laugh:

Should be fun for all.

Just to let you know, UNC has still not sent out it's finaid packets to accepted students. AAMC allows for students to hold multiple acceptances past the May 15 deadline if the student has not received his/her finaid offer. Of course, the student has to contact the various schools and let them know this is the case. I don't know what this really means as far as waitlist movement is concerned. Some people, simply out of principle, may be dropping UNC like a bad habit tomorrow if they still haven't heard anything from finaid. I know there is some consternation in the UNC thread in regard to this, especially since the FAFSA was due March 1st. On the other hand, if some people are holding out until they hear back from finaid, you might see more movement in the coming weeks. Not trying to bum you out or get your hopes up, just passing along a little information.

Best of luck,
R

roboyce said:
Just to let you know, UNC has still not sent out it's finaid packets to accepted students. AAMC allows for students to hold multiple acceptances past the May 15 deadline if the student has not received his/her finaid offer. Of course, the student has to contact the various schools and let them know this is the case. I don't know what this really means as far as waitlist movement is concerned. Some people, simply out of principle, may be dropping UNC like a bad habit tomorrow if they still haven't heard anything from finaid. I know there is some consternation in the UNC thread in regard to this, especially since the FAFSA was due March 1st. On the other hand, if some people are holding out until they hear back from finaid, you might see more movement in the coming weeks. Not trying to bum you out or get your hopes up, just passing along a little information.

Best of luck,
R

Thanks for the info... the deadline I'm referring to is the deadline to return their "I want to be on the waitlist" form. They said they didn't know anything about how the waitlist will be until all those forms were received. I don't expect to see much waitlist movement in the first place (or have much hope of getting in UNC at this point), but I do hope to find out some indication of rank for curiousity's sake.

My heart goes out to you guys on the waitlist. :) I did my part and reliquinshed my spot to a lucky waitlister a couple years ago. Here's hoping the same thing happens each of ya!

Oh and don't let anyone tell you it's not worth it...medical school is a friggin blast! Ok I'm off to study for boards again. Keep the faith!

North Carolina Native,
Richie

Called and not much luck with UNC admissions office. :laugh:

Richie Truxillo said:
My heart goes out to you guys on the waitlist. :) I did my part and reliquinshed my spot to a lucky waitlister a couple years ago. Here's hoping the same thing happens each of ya!

Oh and don't let anyone tell you it's not worth it...medical school is a friggin blast! Ok I'm off to study for boards again. Keep the faith!

North Carolina Native,
Richie

Richie, How do you like WVSOM?

Bump-Bump-Bump-Bump-Bump...BUMP! BUMP!

when i spoke with lisa yesterday, i managed to ask her (before she ushered me off the phone) whether all of the OOS-ers had *accepted* their, well, acceptances. "well, yeah, you know," she replied, as if it were a given that all OOS folks accepted definitely would be going to UNC. it was surprising, for a naive person like me, that UNC would have its OOS list solidified so early on.

sheepunite said:
when i spoke with lisa yesterday, i managed to ask her (before she ushered me off the phone) whether all of the OOS-ers had *accepted* their, well, acceptances. "well, yeah, you know," she replied, as if it were a given that all OOS folks accepted definitely would be going to UNC. it was surprising, for a naive person like me, that UNC would have its OOS list solidified so early on.

If you look at last year's thread, some OOSers did get off the waitlist, so I doubt it is completely determined at this point. I don't think the admissions office knows much about anything right now. Too much flux.

Hi there,
Just thought I'd let ya'll know that the in-state waitlist for UNC has officially started moving. I got a call today saying that I got in! I can't wait to get the actual letter so I can believe it! Hope you all hear some good news soon!

Congrats, gmaddy! It's great to hear good news on this thread. :luck: to all of you still waiting.

Gmaddy said:
Hi there,
Just thought I'd let ya'll know that the in-state waitlist for UNC has officially started moving. I got a call today saying that I got in! I can't wait to get the actual letter so I can believe it! Hope you all hear some good news soon!

awesome!
that's really brilliant news. congratulations. :)

Gmaddy said:
Hi there,

I'm making a return after a hiatis (is that how you spell that? who knows? who cares?...i digress) to say congrats, and good luck to all you guys waiting...this is good news for everybody.

Gmaddy said:
Hi there,

Congrats Gmaddy, that is awesome!

Gmaddy said:
Hi there,

Congratulations :)

I hope we'll be having some more good news to celebrate in the coming weeks too :luck:

Bump for the 17th! ECU decisions expected any day now...

Still NOTHING Today from ECU!
Shiela said mon that they were still behind. But, like last week, said we should For SURE hear this week.
-who knows!

buffaloox said:
Still NOTHING Today from ECU!
Shiela said mon that they were still behind. But, like last week, said we should For SURE hear this week.
-who knows!

Buffaloox, Have the decisions been sent out or no?

No clue, they, as usual, were quite cryptic. No definitive answers found!?!?!?!
Just that we would find out this week. I live in Greenville, and I will post when I see my letter.

I AM IN AT UNC!!!!!!!!! Got the call yesterday and I still can't believe it!!!!!!!! Folks, the waitlist IS moving...at least in-state. DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear from ECU. I will be dropping my spot there as soon as I get the UNC paperwork in hand. And just for the record, I would have been very happy attending there too.

Given that UNC overaccepts by about 20 people, I didn't expect waitlist movement until later in the summer. Hopefully, this is good news for everyone still keeping the faith. Good luck to you all.

I am still in shock and so happy!!!!!!
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.