2 Weeks Out

EB25

Reaction score
I know this is probably something everyone within this thread has dealt with or is dealing with but I am two weeks out from my test day and find myself doubting my knowledge on topics based on what I have read from others in this discussion board. I have been studying through Crack the OAT and chads prep to identify certain spots I feel less knowledgeable about. My practice scores on my full-length exams signify on average 320 overall & 290-300 science.... I feel okay with these scores due to me not having the best background in science yet find myself wondering how others dealt with these rollercoaster emotions leading up to their exam dates HAHA. I know we're all in this together as we push ourselves to the limit with all the material we study so I just want to hear some of your guy's perspectives leading up to the exams and feelings after the OAT if you have taken it already! Let me know so I don't feel like the only one worrying so much!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I felt the exact same way as you did about a month before my test. I was averaging and 310 AA for my practice tests and at one point got a 290 AA on one of them. (I was using Kaplan practice tests). I was feeling really defeated because I thought I could do better, but just wasn't getting the results and almost postponed my test by a month. In the end, I decided to push through and not put as much pressure on myself and make sure I fully understood all the concepts. I even went to the beach for a weekend 2 weeks before my test to try to relieve the stress (I still studied there and it was a nice change of scenery). Eventually it all paid off and I scored a 360 AA and 350 TS on the real day and was thrilled. So basically my advice is to try your best to do things that can lower your stress while still studying and take as many practice tests as possible! I took 6 before my actual test day and I think that is one of the main things that helped me get a good score because I had the timing down. Good luck, you can do it!!

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mind sharing where to find practice exams? I have the Kaplan book which contains 2 practice exams but im not sure where to get a hold of more

Do you mind sharing where to find practice exams? I have the Kaplan book which contains 2 practice exams but I'm not sure where to get a hold of more

I know Kaplan offers practice tests on their website for the OAT so if you have the book then accessing those should be easy as well, I paid for my course so I don't think they offer practice exams through their website unless you purchased it. I will be taking this exam at Test Preparation about a week out from my actual exam in 2.5 weeks. Hope this helps!

I was right there with you! Don't get too hung up on the practice test scores, they're designed to be harder than the actual OAT to prepare you. At two weeks out, I focused on practicing what I knew (so I wouldn't forget) and reviewing the things I couldn't seem to grasp, but I didn't try to learn anything new at this point. The exam is so broad and my studying was so narrow that I figured if there was one or two concepts I didn't understand, it would probably only show up in one question and I wasn't going to stress over it.

I studied for about 4 months and hadn't taken general chemistry or biology in 2-3 years, and was able to score a 350/350. I was shocked because my practice scores were similar to yours, but don't underestimate yourself.