How should I study for the OAT in 1 week

Surgical Spoon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my OAT coming up in exactly 1 week as I'm writing this thread. I did just took the MCAT about 1 week ago and did a detailed content review. I was wondering how should I go about with OAT. Is it worth it to purchase the relatively expensive Qbank from some tutoring company for just 1 week of studying?

Just a side note, OAT looks really tough with the timing for each question. MCAT gives about 90 seconds per question when the OAT gives far less. Are all the questions also passage-based or they're discrete questions (except reading comp of course)

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm guessing Optometry is your backup plan and you're not even gonna wait to get your MCAT scores back?

I would watch a bunch of YouTube videos on the topics or might not even study if I were you.

So I'm guessing Optometry is your backup plan and you're not even gonna wait to get your MCAT scores back?

I would watch a bunch of YouTube videos on the topics or might not even study if I were you.
No I’m a COA / optician. I have 7 years of experience working with an ophthalmologist. The odds of me matriculating into an allopathic medical school AND do well enough on steps to match into ophthalmology is slim. So I might just go into optometry.

Ended up taking the test without any preparation. Got a 380 overall today. Good luck everyone

Reactions: 2 users