2 week rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drowsy12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which (if any)schools offer two week rotations for visiting medical students?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe there are a few actually, but I can't remember which ones I had seen. Here are a couple of things you could do. First, a lot of programs accept applications through VSAS. Using VSAS, you can sort the externships by length (2-4 weeks). Secondly, you can contact programs that are not on VSAS and find out through their Student Affairs (usually, since Rad Onc departments typically don't know) whether the institution offers 2-week electives. I was trying to do one of these 2-weekers actually, and I found that many institutions wouldn't even allow it - minimum 4 weeks. Someone else here may be able to name a couple places for you tho... Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering this as well because of a gap in my schedule that could accomodate a 2-weeker. Anybody know of specific locations that do this? Thanks.

Hmm, checking VSAS could be a quick way to check out the few that do offer 2-weekers. Otherwise, call up a few programs you're interested in and see if there's anything they can do. I had a program work around my schedule and even give me 3 weeks (I ended up not being able to go there, but they were flexible...)