2 specialities interview at same hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc20

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so from the heat of battle of applications I ended up getting interview for med peds and medicine at the same hospital that I really like! Seems like both programs are very close related and secretary definitely knows as she is the same person!
eh what do I do now? did I lose all my chances of matching there?
would really like to get the opinion of aPD?

Members don't see this ad.

Med/Peds and IM are very, very similar. It's totally reasonable for you to interview at both programs. If asked about it, simply say that you are still making up your mind whether you want to do straight IM or mixed Med/Peds. I highly doubt anyone will care.

ok I am just worried that the PD would think I am a hypocrite or to indecisive and cant make up mind! but the place is my hometown and I can definitely sell it as I want to be at the hospital near my family that is the reason I am maximizing the chance

Members don't see this ad :)
Might not affect medicine, but it might affect your ranking in Med-Peds (specifically the programs' ranking of you on their rank list).

Question will definately come up as to whether you are committed to Med-Peds, and the likelihood of you switching from Med-Peds to categorical Medicine. It happens every year in lots of Med-Peds programs, but it leaves a hole in the program (and when it comes to recruiting applicants, they will definately noticed that a class size is missing someone). I've seen applicants move down on a rank list when questions about their committment come up during rank-meeting

so should I just cancel my med-peds interview?
but I am pretty sure both departments talk so will it look bad if I cancel one of my interview? or am I over thinking this?

I got to agree with Southern. Don't cancel anything. Don't you think the secretary would notice the cancelation? Go to both interviews and do your best...

It would be a different story if you were applying for Ortho and GSurgery at the same program or something like that....

I don't understand. You would love to go to this program but are considering cancelling BOTH interviews because you feel that attending both may jeopardize your chances???

If you love this program, go interview. 100% chance you won't match if you don't interview.

I don't understand. You would love to go to this program but are considering cancelling BOTH interviews because you feel that attending both may jeopardize your chances???

If you love this program, go interview. 100% chance you won't match if you don't interview.

I was trying to say is if I should cancel med-peds interview to avoid explaining to medicine people why i was interviewing in two different specialties, and not make them look like they are my back up one way or another

I was trying to say is if I should cancel med-peds interview to avoid explaining to medicine people why i was interviewing in two different specialties, and not make them look like they are my back up one way or another

From looking at the thread, it would appear that everyone's been telling you to go on both. At this point, the coordinator already knows you applied to both. Plus, I would expect that many people apply to med-peds/internal medicine. To be honest, I don't expect that it will come up in your interviews, but I would just be prepared with an explanation if it does (although if you use still deciding, I would sure to explain how you are going to be sure of your decision by the time you submit your ROL). If you like both, it seems silly to cancel one.

And again I'd advise that you are way overthinking things. Go on your interview, don't bring this up unless asked about it. If you are asked about it, have a rational explanation.

And again I'd advise that you are way overthinking things. Go on your interview, don't bring this up unless asked about it. If you are asked about it, have a rational explanation.
I might actually end up interviewing with same attending since med-peds and medicine are very well connected and the attendings cross over!
besides the medicine PD is actually a medpeds trained guy who also holds a position in medpeds department? WTF?
I am really leaning towards canceling so I dont end up in a awkward moment or make them feel like they are just my backup and then not end up ranking as high

I might actually end up interviewing with same attending since med-peds and medicine are very well connected and the attendings cross over!
besides the medicine PD is actually a medpeds trained guy who also holds a position in medpeds department? WTF?
I am really leaning towards canceling so I dont end up in a awkward moment or make them feel like they are just my backup and then not end up ranking as high

You've got to do what you've got to do, but I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. I wouldn't cancel an interview based on this many "what-ifs" - you are so worried about an "awkward moment" that you'd rather not have a shot at the program?

Members don't see this ad :)

Cancelling which one? What if you match into the program, its going to be "awkward" for the next 3-4 years whenever you see faculty from the "other program"

Go on the interview. Prepare an answer for why you are applying for two specialties. If you are unsure about the specialty, and sure about the institution, SAY THAT. Explain to them why you are unsure, and maybe that can lead to a good discussion where you can demonstrate that you have thought about things, but are willing to take good advice.

I'll bet quite a few people apply to combined programs as well as categorical ones. Most people dont make the same mistake that you did. But be real at the interview. They know you might be among those that are unsure, but they might also like that you are committed to the institution.

If the programs are really as interlinked as you say, it's quite likely that they were aware you applied to both when they offered you the interviews.

Don't cancel. Even if you did cancel, they might still know about the other interview and ask you about it at the interview you do go on, so if they were going to hold it against you, I think any damage is likely already done.
If I were you, I'd just emphasize how much you like the hospital and the way that the two specialties work so closely together at that institution or something of that nature if you are asked about why you applied to both. I think that looks better than talking about being unsure about which way you want to go.

Both programs i.e. straight Im & Med/Pedes share the PD, share the secretary, share the bathroom.... So, you now have an immense maturity moment of logic that suggests your interests in these two fields that in this institution are quite intertwined will create an awkward interview moment? Thus, a growth spirt occurs, your mind stretches, your perspective widens, and you achieve wisdom.....

~I can avoid the awkwardness of explaining to this integrated program I am intersted in integration by canceling my interview.... with the assistance of their shared secretary.... of course, there surely will not be an awkward moment of explaining how I applied for both and suddenly canceled one....

I think, given your severe, overwhelming fear of an awkward moment, you should cancel any and all interviews at this program. You have blown it. You keep both interviews, awkward opportunity. You cancel one and keep one, awkward opportunity.... Please, do the smart thing and cancel both.... then find a rock near the hospital entrance, hide under it, and watch the poor souls that enter and endure awkward moments....

Lord have mercy.... my head hurts.

Both programs i.e. straight Im & Med/Pedes share the PD, share the secretary, share the bathroom.... So, you now have an immense maturity moment of logic that suggests your interests in these two fields that in this institution are quite intertwined will create an awkward interview moment? Thus, a growth spirt occurs, your mind stretches, your perspective widens, and you achieve wisdom.....

~I can avoid the awkwardness of explaining to this integrated program I am intersted in integration by canceling my interview.... with the assistance of their shared secretary.... of course, there surely will not be an awkward moment of explaining how I applied for both and suddenly canceled one....

I think, given your severe, overwhelming fear of an awkward moment, you should cancel any and all interviews at this program. You have blown it. You keep both interviews, awkward opportunity. You cancel one and keep one, awkward opportunity.... Please, do the smart thing and cancel both.... then find a rock near the hospital entrance, hide under it, and watch the poor souls that enter and endure awkward moments....

Lord have mercy.... my head hurts.

thats kinda what im saying

If you interview there for both, they might find it odd. But again, they might not care. Your odds of matching there would be somewhere between 0-100%.

If you cancel your interviews, then you have a 0% chance of matching there.

So if you go and it's awkward, then you're no worse off than you would be if you cancelled the interviews.

And... umm... if the IM program and the IM/Peds program share staff, then they knew of your joint applications before they ever offered you an interview and didn't think it odd enough to withhold the offer.

I know all of you have valid points, but I love this place for many reasons and I know I am overthinking it caus I dont want to jeopardize my chance of matching! I could care less if i got just medicine or med-peds at the program but I know the faculty or PDs dont like someone who is not 100% committed to the field!
and yes I was thinking the same thing if the coordinator knows I am interviewing on the other side and still granted me the interview for medicine they might not have a problem!
I guess I am really scared and think if I cancel medpeds I can claim in medicine that now I only intend to pursue medicine , but if I keep both interviews and tell them I am really interested in the institution and that why I ended up applying to both might be a hard sell

I know all of you have valid points, but I love this place for many reasons and I know I am overthinking it caus I dont want to jeopardize my chance of matching! I could care less if i got just medicine or med-peds at the program but I know the faculty or PDs dont like someone who is not 100% committed to the field!
and yes I was thinking the same thing if the coordinator knows I am interviewing on the other side and still granted me the interview for medicine they might not have a problem!
I guess I am really scared and think if I cancel medpeds I can claim in medicine that now I only intend to pursue medicine , but if I keep both interviews and tell them I am really interested in the institution and that why I ended up applying to both might be a hard sell

Right, and convince them that youve canceled all of your other medpeds interviews at all the other institutions you applied too. You can not claim this by canceling your interview. Just assume that the PD is smarter and more rational than you are. You can not pull the wool over his eyes by canceling an interview and claiming unwavering commitment. Not only are you insulting the PDs intelligence, you are demonstrating how you backpedal out of a situation rather than plow through and stick by your decisions. You had something in mind in September, now show some commitment to your choices and plow on.

The only thing you are going to do by canceling your medpeds interview is hurt your chances in matching in categorical medicine, not help it.

PDs dont like a lot of things, not just someone who's non committed.

now, if aPD is the program director where you applied... that would just take the cake. :smuggrin:

I could care less if i got just medicine or med-peds at the program but I know the faculty or PDs dont like someone who is not 100% committed to the field!

So med-peds is really what you want since you used the phrase "just" medicine? Then you are even more crazy than I thought! This is an interview at a hospital you love in the field you want to be in - get your butt to the interview! Sell yourself as hard as you can when you get there.

they might not have a problem!

Then go to the freaking interview! this is not that hard!

I guess I am really scared

No kidding. Don't want to sound like a jerk here but it's time to get over it.

]So med-peds is really what you want since[/B] you used the phrase "just" medicine? Then you are even more crazy than I thought! This is an interview at a hospital you love in the field you want to be in - get your butt to the interview! Sell yourself as hard as you can when you get there.

Then go to the freaking interview! this is not that hard!

No kidding. Don't want to sound like a jerk here but it's time to get over it.

It is not about what I want, it also about the number game, my chances of matching into medicine are more realistic then medpeds and I know this for a fact!
that is the also the main reason I want to just put all my eggs in one basket and go with medicine and hope for best

It is not about what I want, it also about the number game, my chances of matching into medicine are more realistic then medpeds and I know this for a fact!
that is the also the main reason I want to just put all my eggs in one basket and go with medicine and hope for best

i thought when you arent sure of your chances of matching, you should NEVER put all your eggs in one basket....im confused now...

You have obviously already made up your mind, so I don't really know why you're sticking around on this thread.

aPD gave you an answer in post #2, you ignored it. Many many others have given you advice, you've ignored it. Everyone (except you) is saying this is no big deal

Good Lord! Go to both interviews, this ain't an 8th Grade band competition.

i thought when you arent sure of your chances of matching, you should NEVER put all your eggs in one basket....im confused now...
historically it would be easier for me to get into medicine!
I read for aPD says but I just want to make sure and get the most opinions and then take a poll and make the democratic decision of whether I should cancel it

historically it would be easier for me to get into medicine!
I read for aPD says but I just want to make sure and get the most opinions and then take a poll and make the democratic decision of whether I should cancel it

Dude -this is your life! Anyway, as someone said above, I dont think there is anyone else on this thread who thinks you should cancel both interviews. So thats your democratic opinion if you want it.

Why do you think MD-PhDs interview for both the Categorical and the PSTP? It just increases your chances!

Med-Peds has been created for those with a dual interest, and if you have a dual interest, why not keep that chance open? Also, even if they didnt rank you high for Med-Peds, they make take you in for Categorical, and MAY switch you to the Med-Peds track in PGY2 knowing your interest.

So just believe in yourself and go for it...seriously man.

now, if aPD is the program director where you applied... that would just take the cake. :smuggrin:

Before we start any crazy rumors, I am NOT the PD of the program he is talking about. I ain't med-peds. So that's that.

Looking at all the advice on this thread, let's look at it from both the Med-Peds and IM residency PD positions. Remember, what we are looking for is some combination of:

1) Enough smarts to practice clinical medicine safely and well
2) Enough drive to get the work done
3) "commitment" to the field = unlikely to transfer out in the PGY-2 year, and unlikely to be using IM as a backup for a ROAD application (because we don't want to waste interview slots on someone who is unlikely to match)
4) A good fit for the program (hard to define, but that you'd fit well with our culture)
5) Lack of a personality disorder

In general, we use your application to decide #1-3, and the interview for #4-5.

So, how will each PD involved see you situation? The only point for discussion is #3 (all else is the same whether you apply to 1 or 2 programs). The Med/Peds PD will say: "Gee, this guy is applying to both IM and Med/Peds. I worry that he's not committed to Med/Peds, and may simply drop out and switch to straight IM. Hence, I think I'll rank him lower."

The IM PD thinks: "Hmm, he applied to Med/Peds. Well, either he matches with me or he matches with Med/Peds. If he matches with me, it's extremely unlikely he'll try to switch to med/peds. Hence, I won't worry about it."

So, you'll need to convince the Med/Peds PD that you really are interested in only IM. You can certainly say "Med/Peds is truly my passion. It's what I want to do. But, I know that spots are limited and (based upon the number of interviews I have received) I am, on paper, not the most competitive candidate. Hence, I need to be realistic. I might not match in Med/Peds, and if not I want to match in IM instead. And since this place is so good, I'm applying to both programs." Of course, they would be likely to tell the IM PD this...

So, the bottom line is you need to be ready to explain why you applied to both programs, and which one you are most interested in. It's a totally fair question, and you can't tell each program that they are #1 (i.e. you'll need to choose whether IM or Med/Peds is your "passion" and stick with it, and tell the "other" PD that they are #2). This could be uncomfortable, but as others have mentioned it's unavoidable -- even if you cancel now, I'd ask you at your interview "So, I see you cancelled your interview with the Med/Peds program. Why did you do that? Are you no longer interested in Med/Peds?" ... and you really should tell the truth.

...I guess I am really scared and think if I cancel medpeds I can claim in medicine that now I only intend to pursue medicine , but if I keep both interviews and tell them I am really interested in the institution and that why I ended up applying to both might be a hard sell
So, looking at your earlier post...
...besides the medicine PD is actually a medpeds trained guy who also holds a position in medpeds department...
Thus, you want to cancel the Med/Peds interview to convince the IM PD that you believe how much better it is to be straight IM as opposed to.... Med/Peds like him. Can he get a little sugar with the urine you put in his coffee?

The thought process and panic you have spewed out in this thread foreshadows more difficulty for you then any imagined awkwardness.

Med-Peds has been created for those with a dual interest, and if you have a dual interest, why not keep that chance open? Also, even if they didnt rank you high for Med-Peds, they make take you in for Categorical, and MAY switch you to the Med-Peds track in PGY2 knowing your interest.

The switch will be hard if not impossible. Med-Peds has its own RRC guidelines to follow. You need to see a certain number of adults and pediatrics patients in your continuity clinic. You need a minimum number of weeks in your continuity clinic during PGY1.

And you can't just jump into PGY2 year without having done any pediatrics.

Switching into Med-Peds after PGY1 will put you on a 5-year plan (and the medicare clock started ticking when you enrolled as a categorical PGY1 in Medicine).

Now switching from categorical to Med-Peds early as a PGY1 is possible and creates less of a hassle. Switching from Med-Peds to categorical depends on when you switch, and how much credits you bring with you when you switch (and what the ABP or ABIM will accept)

The switch will be hard if not impossible. Med-Peds has its own RRC guidelines to follow. You need to see a certain number of adults and pediatrics patients in your continuity clinic. You need a minimum number of weeks in your continuity clinic during PGY1.

And you can't just jump into PGY2 year without having done any pediatrics.

Switching into Med-Peds after PGY1 will put you on a 5-year plan (and the medicare clock started ticking when you enrolled as a categorical PGY1 in Medicine).

Now switching from categorical to Med-Peds early as a PGY1 is possible and creates less of a hassle. Switching from Med-Peds to categorical depends on when you switch, and how much credits you bring with you when you switch (and what the ABP or ABIM will accept)

Okay - thanks for the clarification. I did not know this (hence, the use of the word 'may' :) ). I think aPD has really answered this question well, and I agree with him.

Before we start any crazy rumors, I am NOT the PD of the program he is talking about. I ain't med-peds. So that's that.

Looking at all the advice on this thread, let's look at it from both the Med-Peds and IM residency PD positions. Remember, what we are looking for is some combination of:

1) Enough smarts to practice clinical medicine safely and well
2) Enough drive to get the work done
3) "commitment" to the field = unlikely to transfer out in the PGY-2 year, and unlikely to be using IM as a backup for a ROAD application (because we don't want to waste interview slots on someone who is unlikely to match)
4) A good fit for the program (hard to define, but that you'd fit well with our culture)
5) Lack of a personality disorder

In general, we use your application to decide #1-3, and the interview for #4-5.

So, how will each PD involved see you situation? The only point for discussion is #3 (all else is the same whether you apply to 1 or 2 programs). The Med/Peds PD will say: "Gee, this guy is applying to both IM and Med/Peds. I worry that he's not committed to Med/Peds, and may simply drop out and switch to straight IM. Hence, I think I'll rank him lower."

The IM PD thinks: "Hmm, he applied to Med/Peds. Well, either he matches with me or he matches with Med/Peds. If he matches with me, it's extremely unlikely he'll try to switch to med/peds. Hence, I won't worry about it."

So, you'll need to convince the Med/Peds PD that you really are interested in only IM. You can certainly say "Med/Peds is truly my passion. It's what I want to do. But, I know that spots are limited and (based upon the number of interviews I have received) I am, on paper, not the most competitive candidate. Hence, I need to be realistic. I might not match in Med/Peds, and if not I want to match in IM instead. And since this place is so good, I'm applying to both programs." Of course, they would be likely to tell the IM PD this...

So, the bottom line is you need to be ready to explain why you applied to both programs, and which one you are most interested in. It's a totally fair question, and you can't tell each program that they are #1 (i.e. you'll need to choose whether IM or Med/Peds is your "passion" and stick with it, and tell the "other" PD that they are #2). This could be uncomfortable, but as others have mentioned it's unavoidable -- even if you cancel now, I'd ask you at your interview "So, I see you cancelled your interview with the Med/Peds program. Why did you do that? Are you no longer interested in Med/Peds?" ... and you really should tell the truth.

this is exactly what I am stressing over past few days, no matter my answer I think I wont be able to truly convince the medpeds PD I am a liablity and I might just looking to switch to medicine and probably end up getting rank lower!
the other point that all of you have missed is, looking at the past match records my chances at this program for medpeds are slim to none, now dont go all telling me scores dont matter etc etc. this is a very good fact that I know!
now with medicine my chances are very good to match,
so I just feel comfortable answering the questions aPD thinks I would have to ---- "So, I see you cancelled your interview with the Med/Peds program. Why did you do that? Are you no longer interested in Med/Peds?" ... and you really should tell the truth

...besides the medicine PD is actually a medpeds trained guy who also holds a position in medpeds department...
Still don't get how the IM PD is Med/Peds practitioner and you are canceling med/peds interview for fear of not impressing, not committing, or offending???:confused:

The logic is lost

this is exactly what I am stressing over past few days, no matter my answer I think I wont be able to truly convince the medpeds PD I am a liablity and I might just looking to switch to medicine and probably end up getting rank lower!
the other point that all of you have missed is, looking at the past match records my chances at this program for medpeds are slim to none, now dont go all telling me scores dont matter etc etc. this is a very good fact that I know!
now with medicine my chances are very good to match,
so I just feel comfortable answering the questions aPD thinks I would have to ---- "So, I see you cancelled your interview with the Med/Peds program. Why did you do that? Are you no longer interested in Med/Peds?" ... and you really should tell the truth

Your chances are not slim to none - you got an interview. Even if your chances of matching to this med/peds program are slim... if you cancel the interview, your chances of matching to Medicine will be affected.

You should not feel comfortable in answering the question that aPD posed to you. aPD posed it to you to point out how much more "uncomfortable" it is going to get. There is NO answer you can give to this question which can make you look good.

If you go into the Medicine interview having cancelled the med/peds one, you'll look like you're playing games. When you open your mouth to answer the above question, you'll PROVE it.

You have "commitment to the institution" working in your favor. do not ruin that.

You have "commitment to the institution" working in your favor. do not ruin that.
Yes I absolutely do with my research published from it, being recognized by awards etc! and I will sell that point till the cows come home,
BUT..... is that a good enough reason to apply to two different specialties in one place?

Your chances are not slim to none - you got an interview...
Exactly.... actually, and more accurately, he/she got TWO interviews. The PD/s know the drill on med/peds and IM straight or pedes straight. I don't see this IM PD (who is Med/Peds) offering interviews as a "test of loyalty" to see if you will cancel the other interview. If they had a conflict or loyalty concern, why would you have TWO interviews...:confused:

Whatever, do what you want. You have received numerous responses saying to attend both interviews and you have spent plenty of replies rationalizing and justifying why you are going to cancel one of the two interviews... So, "be like Mike" in Nike and "just do it!":sleep:
... is that a good enough reason to apply to two different specialties in one place?
Med/Peds and IM are very, very similar. It's totally reasonable for you to interview at both programs...
Is this why IM rounds are so long... training the mind to think like this and jump through so many mental gymnastics:smuggrin:

Last edited:
Yes I absolutely do with my research published from it, being recognized by awards etc! and I will sell that point till the cows come home,
BUT..... is that a good enough reason to apply to two different specialties in one place?

YES it is! ESPECIALLY when Medicine and Med/Peds are so similar.

Its very easy to say "I want to do med/peds HERE. If I can't do that, I'll do categorical Medicine here before I'd ever do med/peds anywhere else. My career goals are with Medicine and HERE, though I want to do pediatrics as well....."

Show that you've thought it through from all possibilities - competitiveness of medpeds included. Demonstrate your priorities, planning, and foresight... not some us-versus-them cult mentality that you assume PDs have.

Your chances are not slim to none - you got an interview. Even if your chances of matching to this med/peds program are slim... if you cancel the interview, your chances of matching to Medicine will be affected.

You should not feel comfortable in answering the question that aPD posed to you. aPD posed it to you to point out how much more "uncomfortable" it is going to get. There is NO answer you can give to this question which can make you look good.

If you go into the Medicine interview having cancelled the med/peds one, you'll look like you're playing games. When you open your mouth to answer the above question, you'll PROVE it.

I dont understand - by canceling my medpeds how are my chances of med affected?

It will have NO impact. Call now while the supplies last and cancel quickly.... Lord have mercy:eek:
Good Lord! Go to both interviews, this ain't an 8th Grade band competition.

backpedaling and gamesmanship.

Sometimes I think that they should require people to have worked a real job and lived a little before they apply to med school - like the top MBA programs do.

I'm just surprised this hasn't been moved to the "combined residencies" forum....
IMHO, It's really NOT and ERAS & NRMP question/discussion....

I'm just surprised this hasn't been moved to the "combined residencies" forum....

Maybe they should change the title of this forum because it's not purely a forum about ERAS & NRMP issues. From what I've seen, it's pretty much been a discussion of all things related to the match that don't fit in some other specialty forum. This could fit in combined residencies, but the general question about interviewing for multiple programs at the same spot is a general match/interviewing issue, so imo it fits here, too.

backpedaling and gamesmanship.

Sometimes I think that they should require people to have worked a real job and lived a little before they apply to med school - like the top MBA programs do.
I know this appears to be backing down and all, but my school advisor and all my peers who know the ground situation have all told me to drop medpeds, except everyone in this forum have told me do the exact opposite, so that have really made me hit the brakes on canceling the interview!

...This could fit in combined residencies, but the general question about interviewing for multiple programs at the same spot is a general match/interviewing issue, so imo it fits here, too.
Well, it seems this topic, med/peds, number med/peds interviews/etc... are ongoing discussions in the "combined Residencies" forum. Can it fit here? I'm not sure.... NO questions about ERAS, NO question about the NRMP. Alot of questions about applying and/or interviewing for or at Med/peds (aka combined residencies). The ERAS app is already in.... NRMP is down the road.
It seems "combined residencies" has a cottage industry focused on discussing apps and etc... relative to Med/Peds. Basing on my recent experience with the mods and their perception of "best" place and "most benefit", I have voiced my opinion that this discussion is best served and most benefit in "combined residencies".

Last edited:
Well, it seems this topic, med/peds, number med/peds interviews/etc... are ongoing discussions in the "combined Residencies" forum. Can it fit here? I'm not sure.... not much questions about ERAS, not much question about the NRMP. Alot of questions about applying and/or interviewing for or at Med/peds (aka combined residencies).

It seems "combined residencies" has a cottage industry focused on discussing apps and etc... relative to Med/Peds. Basing on my recent experience with the mods and their perception of "best" place and "most benefit", I have voiced my opinion that this discussion is best served and most benefit in "combined residencies".

good point. This might get some more different viewpoints in the combined residencies forum. Because apparently we are missing something that the OPs advisor and associated with the program have thought about.

This thread should be moved for the sake of some alternate viewpoints

I just don't get it. This is the field you want to be in (med-peds) and the hospital you want to be at - take a freaking chance!

You may think your odds are "slim to none" - but guess what, they gave you not one but two interviews - they must like something about your application.

...This might get some more different viewpoints in the combined residencies forum. Because apparently we are missing something...
I just don't get it...
I think we are missing something or the OP is just enjoying the gymn...

in any event, I don't see how any of the discussion can be classified as,
"Discussion of Electronic Residency Application Service and the NRMP Match" .... aka title definer of this forum.