2 open integrated plastics spots!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlondeDocteur

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck, scramblers!

There are going to be more than a few people who ranked both PRS and general surgery and matched gen surg who will be VERY pissed on not competing in the scramble.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think that there are any open spots actually..... SLU entered into the match and everyone applied to them and they pulled out of the match midway meaning that those 2 open spots are not actually open.... I could be wrong but that is WAY more likely than there being 2 unfilled spots...

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, that makes sense. The two spots listed are both in the Central region, which includes Missouri.

Otherwise, there are only 13 possible programs:

1) Northwestern
2) SIU
3) U Chicago
4) Univ Kansas-KC
5) U Michigan
6) Wash U
7) Univ Missouri-Columbia
8) Cincinnati
9) Case Western
10) Ohio State
11) Wright State
12) Univ Wisconsin
13) MCW

PS to the person who asked, I'm not in the match this year

still not great odds to scramble for 2 spots

Anyone know if there will be a match list this year? It seems plastics education is flooded with useless spam.

someone should compile one then here

I'm guessing that they're spots that weren't offered (i.e. withdrawn after the Match had already been "locked") as was mentioned regarding SLU.

This happened a couple of years ago with the Mizzou program -- they offered two spots, but then chose to only fill one. The reverse happened at UCLA a couple of years ago when they decided to offer one more spot than they had registered with the Match, so they took a known guy through the Scramble.

Ah, so that's the story behind that UCLA spot. Always been curious about that.

The same thing happened at UT Southwestern in the early 90s when they expanded their program.

Its something like that, i dont really recall all the details, but the person who got it never actually got to start there.

Is that the guy who was the key in the derm vs PRS argument recently?? About not matching derm but scrambling into I-PRS??