2023-2024 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today LM 78.70, international

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II just now, LM ~79ish. My AMCAS residency technically is OOS, but I have physically lived in MO for 2 years and have WashU ties (employment, education). Complete 7/26. My app is pretty light on research

II received! International, LM 69, no ties to WashU or MO. quick question. I am on the Interview date selection site but I just see a calendar? It says to pick a date and then click "confirm" but no dates on the calendar I see are "clickable". Has anyone successfully navigated this?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II received! International, LM 69, no ties to WashU or MO. quick question. I am on the Interview date selection site but I just see a calendar? It says to pick a date and then click "confirm" but no dates on the calendar I see are "clickable". Has anyone successfully navigated this?
there are none in Oct, check Nov

In the interview invitation email, it has instructions to email them if no spots were available.

Reactions: 1 user
@washu can u send me and @pablo213 an II? Thx
Trust Me Cat GIF by Regal

... ummm ... if it wouldn't be a bother ... ummm ... maybe ... ummm .. me too please @washu?

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Are any of the IIs so far for OOS but undergrad in MO (eg SLU, WashU etc)? EG any local alumni love yet??

+1 OOS II received yesterday, 3.72 GPA 521 MCAT. Super stoked! Only my second II, can't believe it.

Reactions: 4 users
OOS II received 10/06 and submitted 07/18 and complete 07/31 (some issue with a letter of rec). The first interview slot was 11/14

• Love
Anyone who has interviewed: for interview day schedule is there just your two interviews and the evening sessions? Is there no morning check-in?

For those that have/have had an interview, do you think it would be better to do the asynchronous interview sooner or wait until it’s closer to the interview date? My real-time interview isn’t for another few weeks, so I’m wondering what other people are thinking.

For those that have/have had an interview, do you think it would be better to do the asynchronous interview sooner or wait until it’s closer to the interview date? My real-time interview isn’t for another few weeks, so I’m wondering what other people are thinking.
Don't think it really matters, just before your interview date. I get the feeling they won't be looking for it until after your interview anyways.
I did mine the day before because I didn't have the energy to dress formally so I paired it with another interview date that I was already dressed for. It's less than a handful of questions and takes like 20 minutes.

OOS II in my spam received 10/6 😈. The love of my life goes here and ghosted me 3 years ago maybe this is the universe telling me i need to fire emoji react to their next insta story

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
OOS II in my spam received 10/6 😈. The love of my life goes here and ghosted me 3 years ago maybe this is the universe telling me i need to fire emoji react to their next insta story
Oh gosh now I’m anxiously thinking about if I deleted an II cause I cleared my spam today

• Care
Sorry Told You GIF by Janet Jackson

Dude you gotta go 🔥🔥💦💦🥵🥵🥵. That's how I respond to my boys

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Fk yeah opa!!

• Care
Sounds letter of interest worthy

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Show up, rekindle that flame, then ghost them back. Include this master plan when they ask “why do you want to attend WashU?”

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Their website indicates they will be interviewing through mid - February
Thanks for putting me into the right perspective. I think I’m just starting to get a bit antsy because Oct 16th is coming up and since a lot of schools have sent IIs recently

• Care
Show up, rekindle that flame, then ghost them back. Include this master plan when they ask “why do you want to attend WashU?”
Sent her a letter of interest and she informed me she doesnt accept pre interview LOI's

• Wow
“Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so. Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something.”
Only read the first part of the quote in ur signature

• Haha
No morning check-in. It's just whatever sessions are scheduled for that day (the leadership one, the tour either midday or in the evening, potentially other sessions like financial aid or student panel too depending on the day) and then the two interviews (one open, one closed file). Also make sure you've done the SVI beforehand (though they also will let you complete it later, it might just delay your app review).
but the 2 interviews are anytime between 8AM - 5PM per the portal, do they schedule it outside of those other zoom sessions?

My interviews didn't overlap with the Zoom sessions, but you could probably attend a different session (later that day or an adjacent day) if it did. Also, the tour is offered twice a day, and the evening one doesn't overlap with the interview times. I actually did my tour a couple of days after my interview day due to scheduling issues, and it was no big deal. There were other people in my tour group who also had interviewed on an earlier interview day. The other sessions are more for our benefit to learn about the school, and I'm pretty sure admissions doesn't even track our attendance at them according to my tour guide.
Ah I see! Thank you so much!

did everybody get the “why washu wednesday” invite? is that indicative of anything or is it just your everyday cat fishing email

did everybody get the “why washu wednesday” invite? is that indicative of anything or is it just your everyday cat fishing email
I got the same email and was wondering the same thing. Is this a thing or just a random advertisement email.

Did not receive it but I also didn't receive their September newsletter either. Maybe they just really hated my app and had to delete me off their email list lol

• Wow
  • Haha
Did not receive it but I also didn't receive their September newsletter either. Maybe they just really hated my app and had to delete me off their email list lol
I got this newsletter but didn't receive their September one. I'm wondering the same what this newsletter is for

If it’s not an II it’s not an II ladies and gentlemen don’t read too much into it.