2023-2024 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A!
Interview on 2/1
CC on 3/12

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew from CC list, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
A today to the North Philly campus!! Interviewed 1/31, CC list 3/12. I sent a letter of intent in march and I selected option 1 on the survey. Don’t lose hope, we still have lots of opportunity!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A today to the North Philly campus!! Interviewed 1/31, CC list 3/12. I sent a letter of intent in march and I selected option 1 on the survey. Don’t lose hope, we still have lots of opportunity!
Congrats!! You received the email on a Saturday?🤯 That's amazing.

is there a place to withdraw on the portal or do you withdraw via email?

to everyone withdrawing their As, I love you and I am pouring one out for you guys tonight ❤️

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Good morning. Are there any current Temple med students here? I have some questions about your experience at LKSOM. Thanks!

Just withdrew my St Luke's A! Best of luck to everyone on the WL!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To withdrawal, we just send an email right? There's nothing else we need to do on our end?

yes and the next day they sent a confirmation email
I got my withdrawal confirmation within the hour of sending! My deposit return is already processing. Seems to be pretty quick.

For those withdrawing, what are your reasons?
I withdrew from St Luke's bc I was looking for a bit more of a structured university to be able to do things like international rotations or funded summer research. My other acceptances have a more built in resources for that. But I did love my campus visit, so I think it just came down to a pros and cons list for my own plans for med school. Best of luck in all your decisions!

I withdrew from St Luke's bc I was looking for a bit more of a structured university to be able to do things like international rotations or funded summer research. My other acceptances have a more built in resources for that. But I did love my campus visit, so I think it just came down to a pros and cons list for my own plans for med school. Best of luck in all your decisions!
Thank you for your reply! I’m still on the CC so pray for me🙏🏻

How does Temple do their Anatomy course? Do students dissect? Also if anyone has any information on when most waitlist movement occurs that’d be great.

How does Temple do their Anatomy course? Do students dissect? Also if anyone has any information on when most waitlist movement occurs that’d be great.
At LKSOM, Anatomy is an 8-week block and the first course you would take. You will work with the same donor in small groups for dissection throughout the course, and dissection labs last from 2 to 4 hours, starting from 8 am to noon. If you finish early, you can leave. Additionally, the course includes conference-style reviews where a faculty member walks through clinical cases and calls on students to answer questions based on what was covered in the prior dissection lab. Overall, the conferences are pretty low-stress. During those 8 weeks, you will also receive some introductory material to embryology, histology, and physiology. There are two midterms and a final exam.

Regarding waitlist movement, I'm not sure when the most movement would occur. I have classmates who were accepted off the waitlist throughout the summer, starting in May. I know of a few who were even accepted one to two weeks before classes started.

Reactions: 4 users
GUYS I GOT IN!! chose second option too and WL a 1-2 weeks ago.

• Love
IS A from the CC just now!! Checked CYMS and it updated 10 minutes ago :)
GUYS I GOT IN!! chose second option too and WL a 1-2 weeks ago.
OMG CONGRATS!!! is this st. luke’s or philly campus? i’m so anxious ahhh this school is my #1 choice, and i’m an alum from undergrad too, really hoping they pull thru 😩

Reactions: 2 users
OMG CONGRATS!!! is this st. luke’s or philly campus? i’m so anxious ahhh this school is my #1 choice, and i’m an alum from undergrad too, really hoping they pull thru 😩
Thank youu!! I hope you get in too 😩 there were a lot of withdrawals on this thread, so good chances I think!

• Care
Where can I check this?
I applied to the North Philly campus so I'm pretty sure that's where my acceptance is for, but I'm sure it'll be specified in the acceptance email they send out later :) Also looks like the status changed on the temple portal now

I applied to the North Philly campus so I'm pretty sure that's where my acceptance is for, but I'm sure it'll be specified in the acceptance email they send out later :) Also looks like the status changed on the temple portal now
Oh okay, I applied Phili campus too! My portal didn’t update but will just be patient until I get the email, haha. Hope email get sent tomorrow so I know it’s official, it’s my first MD A 😭

anyone who interviewed around mid-february hear back about WL yet? seemed like they might have been going in chronological order until now

I have a new item on my "To Do List" saying "I have an outstanding requirement that's preventing me from receiving my financial aid and to check student financial services channel"

I am on the CC and not sure how to proceed. Did anyone else have the same problem? I have already added temple's code to my FAFSA

OOS A on TU portal for Philly campus (was on CC list on 4/24). Will be withdrawing as I am attending a different school. Hope it goes to one of you!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I have a new item on my "To Do List" saying "I have an outstanding requirement that's preventing me from receiving my financial aid and to check student financial services channel"

I am on the CC and not sure how to proceed. Did anyone else have the same problem? I have already added temple's code to my FAFSA
I have the same thing. I am also on the CC list and completed my FAFSA.

Got the accpetance e-mail off CC (November), and see it in the TU portal now so super excited.

Anyone else see a deadline for confirming your seat? I just need to see any potential financial aid and need to submit a form I won't be able to get until Monday

Many people seem to have gotten off the waitlist already, hopefully they still have spots😓

I thought you they were going in chronological order but at least one person who was CCed in April got off the list already so idk anymore

Got the accpetance e-mail off CC (November), and see it in the TU portal now so super excited.

Anyone else see a deadline for confirming your seat? I just need to see any potential financial aid and need to submit a form I won't be able to get until Monday
Do you know if the deposit is to just reserve your seat or is it a final decision about commiting to the school?

Let’s goooooo, congrats!!
You were waitlisted 2 weeks ago?
Many people seem to have gotten off the waitlist already, hopefully they still have spots😓

I thought you they were going in chronological order but at least one person who was CCed in April got off the list already so idk anymore
Yeah I was waitlisted the 21st. Dude keep your head up! Send in those LOIs! You already see a handful of people withdrawing, so don’t give up. It’s also only early May I believe they accept up to orientation week

l doubt they would go chronologically at this point but there will be movement throughout May and June! A lot who were accepted today will probably turn it down and other acceptees will get off the waitlist and withdraw their seat!

Anecdotally, my guess is that they will reserve a larger percentage of later waitlist acceptances for those who they know will attend (ie: those who chose 1 on survey :) )

Reactions: 2 users
anyone who interviewed around mid-february hear back about WL yet? seemed like they might have been going in chronological order until now
hmm i was wondering this too cause it seems like people who got off were CC'd in November. i interviewed in December and was CC'd in February so maybe they haven't gotten to that batch yet? LOL idk copium :p

i have this too and sent in my FAFSA as well... not sure if we have to do anything? maybe everyone has it

i have this too and sent in my FAFSA as well... not sure if we have to do anything? maybe everyone has it
ahh just to add to this, i submitted my FAFSA right before i interviewed in Feb and don't have this under my next steps. tryyying sooo hard not to read into it