2023-2024 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does NYMC give any merit aid/has anyone received anything yet?
I got $20k per year for all 4 years a couple weeks ago. Not sure how many scholarships they give out and I am waiting to see if I get any fin aid, but I will likely withdraw and let someone else have the scholarship if the fin aid is not very much

Reactions: 1 user
Who do we address a letter of intent to? I have mine addressed to Dr. Karen Murray, is this correct? And do we send it via the MDADMIT email?

I got $20k per year for all 4 years a couple weeks ago. Not sure how many scholarships they give out and I am waiting to see if I get any fin aid, but I will likely withdraw and let someone else have the scholarship if the fin aid is not very much

Did you ask for this or did they just reach out to you? Also, when were you accepted if you don’t mind me asking?

Did you ask for this or did they just reach out to you? Also, when were you accepted if you don’t mind me asking?
They just sent me an email with a subject like "Scholarship". I am hoping for financial aid, but I had not reached out to anybody yet since FAFSA has not been sent to schools. I'm at work so I can't find it in my inbox right now, but basically it detailed that it would renew each year as long as I was in good standing and there were some other conditions like sending back a form and when I had to choose CTE for NYMC. And I was accepted mid December! My interview was late November and I think I got the II late October

A just now 😭 first one of the cycle so I’m so ecstatic!!!! Interviewed 1/25 LM 76 and sent a letter of interest/update literally on Sunday

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had success reaching the admissions team? I scheduled a March interview in January and emailed them a few days later (after I got an A at a top choice) that I wanted to be taken off the schedule so another candidate could get an interview. They never followed back so I emailed them again mid February, with again no response. I just have this nightmare that on interview day they call me and are like "where are you, your MD interviewer is waiting for you" or something and I wasted someone's time 😭 Do they answer the phone?

WL interviewed 2/1 :( When would be a good time to send an update letter or letter of interest?

WL IS, Interrviewed 1/31

Do ORMs really move off the WL at this school? Can't find it but i remember the admissions page referencing that their waitlist selection is based off diversifying their entering class which if true means my WL is effectively an R 🤷‍♂️

congrats to all the acceptances! is there any advice you have for the interview?

Has anyone had success reaching the admissions team? I scheduled a March interview in January and emailed them a few days later (after I got an A at a top choice) that I wanted to be taken off the schedule so another candidate could get an interview. They never followed back so I emailed them again mid February, with again no response. I just have this nightmare that on interview day they call me and are like "where are you, your MD interviewer is waiting for you" or something and I wasted someone's time 😭 Do they answer the phone?
they saw it. dw.

You could also try calling the office if you want to make sure they know just for your peace of mind. But I wouldn’t worry too much since you’ve sent them 2 emails

I tried emailing NYMC housing about this question, but they didn't answer. If any current student can chime in, do you know if there is on-campus housing available for couples? My SO and I both got in here (not married tho).

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I tried emailing NYMC housing about this question, but they didn't answer. If any current student can chime in, do you know if there is on-campus housing available for couples? My SO and I both got in here (not married tho).
that is so sweet! AHH CONGRATS TO U BOTH

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Who do we address a letter of intent to? I have mine addressed to Dr. Karen Murray, is this correct? And do we send it via the MDADMIT email?
In case anyone else on the WL is wondering about this, I called them and they told me to address it to the admissions committee and send it to the MDADMIT email.

Hey everyone! Current M4 here. Happy to answer any additional questions about the school anyone might have.

There is a very small number of family / married student housing units, but it's given out on a lottery basis so my sense is it is pretty competitive and not guaranteed. I'm not 100% certain but my gut feeling is that couples who are legally married would likely be given priority. 1-bedrooms are also very competitive and I believe higher class years get priority for those.

Hey everyone! Current M4 here. Happy to answer any additional questions about the school anyone might have.

There is a very small number of family / married student housing units, but it's given out on a lottery basis so my sense is it is pretty competitive and not guaranteed. I'm not 100% certain but my gut feeling is that couples who are legally married would likely be given priority. 1-bedrooms are also very competitive and I believe higher class years get priority for those.
I see, thank you so much! :)

OOS Hold 2/26, I applied late because I initially gave into advice that I had no chance of getting into a US MD this cycle with my stats (LM 66, 3.2 515). I sent an update/intent email in the slim chance that it does anything. Does anyone know of an instance a PreII hold that was turned into a WL/A or should I abandon hope lol.

So it's march now, anyone know if nymc is still sending out II? 🥲

II today after getting put on hold 2/19! IS complete 8/3

Reactions: 4 users
Pre II hold OOS few weeks ago, any real shot of receiving an II soon?

Has anyone received an interview after being placed on hold recently?

for those who've interviewed, were the stations all MMI ethical qs? or were there a couple of traditional qs thrown in there (like why medicine, tell me about a meaningful activity, etc.)?

for those who've interviewed, were the stations all MMI ethical qs? or were there a couple of traditional qs thrown in there (like why medicine, tell me about a meaningful activity, etc.)?

Hi. You can find this on their website as well but they will have 7 mmi stations and 1 traditional interview station, meaning at that station they’ll ask other questions such as why medicine, why NYMC, …

Reactions: 1 users