2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Sinai does house exams or NBME style exams?
Not sure, but the dean mentioned they were taking measures to align their curriculum more with STEP

Members don't see this ad :)
completed in July and radio silence :( sent in 2 new LORs and a LOI. Is there any hope for any new II based on previous years?

completed in July and radio silence :( sent in 2 new LORs and a LOI. Is there any hope for any new II based on previous years?
I wouldn't lose hope yet. Someone got an II on 2/2 apparently. That's pretty recent.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
any accepted students get their financial aid portal log in yet? email said last week but nada

I believe NBME style for the new curriculum.

Thank you for your response! Do you know where you heard this from? I’m trying to learn more about the new curriculum but all I can find is that it’s going to shift to 1.5 pre-clinical years. I want to know if they’ll still keep non-mandatory/recorded lectures etc.

Thank you for your response! Do you know where you heard this from? I’m trying to learn more about the new curriculum but all I can find is that it’s going to shift to 1.5 pre-clinical years. I want to know if they’ll still keep non-mandatory/recorded lectures etc.
I am about 99% sure they said this during the (at least my) interview session. Non-mandatory/recorded lectures are a huge part of their academic model, so I would have a hard time imagining they do away with it.

I am about 99% sure they said this during the (at least my) interview session. Non-mandatory/recorded lectures are a huge part of their academic model, so I would have a hard time imagining they do away with it.

Interesting. The reason i wasn’t sure is because at my students Q&A I remember one of the hosting students saying she thinks they’re going to change that so a con would be that the curriculum won’t be as flexible. I guess i’ll just have to wait and see. Thank you so much for your response though!!!

Interesting. The reason i wasn’t sure is because at my students Q&A I remember one of the hosting students saying she thinks they’re going to change that so a con would be that the curriculum won’t be as flexible. I guess i’ll just have to wait and see. Thank you so much for your response though!!!
Oh man, if a student said that, maybe. If you find out for sure please share 😭

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when the next wave of As might be?
Second wave of decisions is usually 5 weeks after the first so most likely around (or even exactly on) 2/23

Reactions: 1 users
Is there no more 'summer break' time given for people who want to do research after M1 at Sinai?

II just now - complete in July. LM 68. Can’t believe it. Will take any and all advice.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
We thinking there's a chance for the next wave of decisions this Friday or can I sleep peacefully for 1 more week

• Haha
  • Care
It may indeed be over now, and certainly if it isn't already, it will be over very soon. But Icahn is the most recent top 20 to still be sending out II's. The other three are Emory (most recent seems to be 2/9), Hopkins (most recent seems to be 2/6) and UCSF (most recent seems to be 1/31).

So as others have said, it's not over until it's over!

We thinking there's a chance for the next wave of decisions this Friday or can I sleep peacefully for 1 more week
Last year I think Feb. decisions came out 4 weeks after the Jan. wave so there might be a chance. I'm betting it'll be next Friday though

I think what they were talking about is the take home exams. Previously the exams would be available over the weekend and at home. With the new curriculum and the NBME style exams, the exams will be in person on fridays I believe.

I think what they were talking about is the take home exams. Previously the exams would be available over the weekend and at home. With the new curriculum and the NBME style exams, the exams will be in person on fridays I believe.
That kind of sucks. When I was applying flexmed they advertised the take home weekend exams so much. I would find it a bit annoying to be admitted 2-3 years ago and entering this year to find out that's all gone. Of course that doesn't concern us regular applicants as much

Wow that sucks, I really liked the take home exam concept. Do you know who you heard this from, I wish they would just drop us the curriculum already, I feel like we should know it by now.

Wow that sucks, I really liked the take home exam concept. Do you know who you heard this from, I wish they would just drop us the curriculum already, I feel like we should know it by now.
They talked about it during my interview.
They will keep the at home quizzes, but exams will be in person since it is NBME style now.

Hey people that have been accepted, when were your interviews? (and congratulations on the A!)

are we expecting anything today… or should i try to relax for another week 🥲

Reactions: 2 users
are we expecting anything today… or should i try to relax for another week 🥲
Missed this earlier in the day, but second round is usually 5 weeks after the first one which would put it at next friday

Missed this earlier in the day, but second round is usually 5 weeks after the first one which would put it at next friday
yeah it seems like it :( someone posted that last year decisions came out on the 17th so i was hoping we’d hear back today

For those who got As did ya’ll send letters of interest/intent? Unsure how much this school values interest. Thanks and congrats :)

For those who got As did ya’ll send letters of interest/intent? Unsure how much this school values interest. Thanks and congrats :)
I was not accepted but they said you will most likely have submitted an interest letter or more if you are accepted

Last edited:
Are there still chances of an II here or are we cooked y’all? 🥲
I think if they wanted to reject by now they could've done it pretty easily especially since since they had many R waves by now in last year! might still be possible... holding out hope!

• Care
I was accepted with no LOI (interest or intent), no update letter either

I sent a letter of interest pre-ii. I was told by a current student that they seem to like them, especially after cont. review

This is silly and probably unlikely but Im so hoping they give some As to the CR folks tomorrow 😭

a lot of people who get deferred in Jan get in during the Feb wave, it's not unlikely!
really?? I saw none last year😭 and maybe one the year before that. But that’s just SDN so I hope it’s just not representative

really?? I saw none last year😭 and maybe one the year before that. But that’s just SDN so I hope it’s just not representative
I thought a current student said there were plenty in past years, I could be trippin or just have too much hope but I'm not counting myself out just yet