2023-2024 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thankfully it comes out on a Friday so if Harvard doesn't work out, then it's time to go to the club, dance to some house, and get sloshed. If it works out? Well, let's do the same.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users
Thankfully it comes out on a Friday so if Harvard doesn't work out, then it's time to go to the club, dance to some house, and get sloshed. If it works out? Well, let's do the same.

Based

Reactions: 1 users
How are people dealing with the wait today?
Denial.
This Is Fine GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dm me if ur tryna run league of legends tonight I need to take my mind off of this

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Manifesting so hard, loved my interviewer and everything about the school. Hoping to be graced with good news tomorrow morning.

I'm also manifesting success... the way I see it, HST needs a guy who can't do math for diversity purposes

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
wait so if we didn't get an ssn email and don't have our info in the portal is that R for sure? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking of binge watching a show, any good suggestions?
Depending on your genre preferences:
Scrubs
New Girl
The Wire
Abbott Elementary
Derry Girls
Breaking Bad
True Detective (Season 1)
The Morning Show
Wednesday
The Great British Baking Show
Hannibal

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
wait so if we didn't get an ssn email and don't have our info in the portal is that R for sure? :(
Hi--I don't think so! Based on the threads from the 2019-2020 cycle to the present, there were 5 confirmed instances in which applicants who received that email were later rejected, 4 confirmed instances in which applicants who received that email were later accepted, and 4 instances where applicants received that email and did not post their outcomes (unknown if they were accepted, WL, or rejected). Obviously there is a selection bias for who is on SDN, but I think that is sufficient to assume that it's not correlated. Hope this helps!

Hi--I don't think so! Based on the threads from the 2019-2020 cycle to the present, there were 5 confirmed instances in which applicants who received that email were later rejected, 4 confirmed instances in which applicants who received that email were later accepted, and 4 instances where applicants received that email and did not post their outcomes (unknown if they were accepted, WL, or rejected). Obviously there is a selection bias for who is on SDN, but I think that is sufficient to assume that it's not correlated. Hope this helps!
Right, but is there any data on people who said they did not get the email but forgot to put in their SSN? Is the data varied for them or did all of the people who reported not getting an email but having not entered their SSN get rejected? If any of you sleuths can figure that out, we would be so grateful haha

Last edited:
Imagine if the decisions don’t even drop tomorrow. 💀

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
yeah lol what evidence do we have that they will? Just curious cause if Imma be losing sleep over this there better be some credible evidence lmao

Reactions: 1 user
Some of y’all are on that top secret information grind so I trust you guys. But on my Jan interview no specific date was given when people asked.

I was told March 1 during my interview in December

• Love
can anyone from a jan interview date also confirm? Cause they change their mind a lot

Right, but is there any data on people who said they did not get the email but forgot to put in their SSN? Is the data varied for them or did all of the people who reported not getting an email but having not entered their SSN get rejected? If any of you sleuths can figure that out, we would be so grateful haha

Are you asking about outcomes for people who did not initially enter an SSN and also did not receive the email asking them to enter their SSN?

Based on the email sent in previous years, SSNs seem to be used for financial aid purposes. That would make me think that the reminder email is sent as FAFSA documentation and CSS profiles are submitted, verified, and transmitted to HMS—I’m guessing that timeline is more likely dependent on when applicants submitted FAFSA/CSS materials, rather than the admissions decision. Just a guess though!

Are you asking about outcomes for people who did not initially enter an SSN and also did not receive the email asking them to enter their SSN?

Based on the email sent in previous years, SSNs seem to be used for financial aid purposes. That would make me think that the reminder email is sent as FAFSA documentation and CSS profiles are submitted, verified, and transmitted to HMS—I’m guessing that timeline is more likely dependent on when applicants submitted FAFSA/CSS materials, rather than the admissions decision. Just a guess though!
I haven't submitted either and still got the email fyi

I'm thinking out loud here -- I need to hear this more than anyone.

As we stand on the threshold of a moment that feels like it could define our futures, it's natural to be enveloped in a whirlwind of emotions. The anticipation, the hope, the fear – all of it is a testament to the journey we've embarked upon. But as we await tomorrow's decisions, I want to offer a perspective that might help us navigate this moment with a bit of grace.

First, let's acknowledge the remarkable path we're on. The very fact that we're here, in this moment, waiting to step into the world of medicine, is a privilege. It's a testament to our dedication, our passion, and our desire to make a difference in the lives of others. Regardless of what tomorrow holds, we're going to become doctors. That in itself is worth celebrating.

We should take a moment to appreciate our position. In the grand scheme of things, we are incredibly fortunate. We have the opportunity to pursue a career that is not just a profession but a calling – one that has the power to heal, to comfort, and to change lives. Not everyone gets this chance, and for that alone, we should be grateful.

But let's also take a step back and look at the bigger picture – our existence on this planet, in this vast universe. It's a humbling thought to consider that we are literal chimpanzee cousins, on a massive spinning rock, orbiting a star in an endless cosmos we cannot even fathom. It's a reminder of the incredible randomness and beauty of existence. And within this world we've inherited, our anxieties, our hopes, and our dreams play out.

It's easy to get caught up in the immediate pressures and expectations we set for ourselves, to believe that the outcomes of tomorrow are the be-all and end-all. But in reality, the universe is indifferent to those constructs. Most of what we hold important lacks an objective basis in the grand cosmic scheme. This isn't to say that our aspirations or our anxieties are meaningless. They're profoundly real to us, and they drive us forward. But this perspective can serve as a gentle reminder that there's beauty in the journey itself, in the learning, in the striving, and yes, even in the moments of uncertainty.

As we look forward to tomorrow, let's do so with a sense of gratitude. Let's be proud of how far we've come and excited about where we're headed. No matter the outcome, we are on a path that matters – one that allows us to touch lives and make a real difference. And that's pretty damn remarkable.

So, let's take a deep breath. Let's face tomorrow with courage, like warriors, knowing that it's just one step in a much larger journey. And whatever the results, let's remember to carry forward with gratitude, resilience, and a sense of wonder at the incredible opportunity we've been given to make a mark in this vast, mysterious universe.

TLDR; It's not that deep bro.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

A Harvard doctor is someone for whom the pursuit of excellence—both professional and personal—is a way of life. If this describes you, we encourage you to apply to Harvard Medical School today.

• Okay...
  • Wow
Are we expecting an email with the decision? Versus an email to check portal or something like that. I'm stressed haha

it needs to be acknowledged that imagine dragons still goes dummy hard

• Haha
As a passerby with no horse in the race I just want to say this is so cool, imagine how cool you guys are for sitting here waiting for a decision from HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL like whoaaaa. Regardless of what happens just being in this position is awesome I look up to y'all. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!

And to those that will join me in the rejected pool, we regroup and ride for Mass General soon 😈

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
As a passerby with no horse in the race I just want to say this is so cool, imagine how cool you guys are for sitting here waiting for a decision from HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL like whoaaaa. Regardless of what happens just being in this position is awesome I look up to y'all. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!

And to those that will join me in the rejected pool, we regroup and ride for Mass General soon 😈
<3

Just over half a day to go... PW theme song

this is me speculating but i think the difference could be some years the emails are sent before the decisions are made, like early Feb. Then, the email is probably sent to everyone who didn't enter it. other years, the emails are sent the week of decision release after they're made, so those could only be sent to those who got accepted. the years that ppl got the email but were rejected are the years that the emails were sent before decisions were made. please correct me if I missed someone

Let's sleep on it, the answer will come to us in the morning

Reactions: 5 users
Hoping all of you get that A ((I have no ulterior motive trying to take your spot at a different school))

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
ive allotted time in the bathroom to cry during work...didnt upload my ssn and also didnt get that email :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
ive allotted time in the bathroom to cry during work...didnt upload my ssn and also didnt get that email :)
I wish there was an emphasis reaction bc this is me too lol
Same! I already cried today though so I think I’m good for Friday 🤪 At least we can help future years by figuring out if no SSN + no email means something. I’m all about community service, giving back, and helping people 😂

• Haha
Had a little time on my hands to do some extra research. In 2022, someone who got the ssn email the week that decisions came out also got the R so that email doesn't necessarily correlate with an A. Don't lose hope!!

It looks like it will be Monday now actually according to some sources

During my Jan interview they said today would be the release date

Yea please explain the sources cuz then I mentally prepared for no reason lmao
The way we all collectively freaked out yesterday to see it may be Monday LOL I’m still expecting decisions today

• Haha