2023-2024 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm on 5 WLs and felt all of this so much. The "in limbo" status is doing wonders in combination with my Type A anxious self hahaha
when were you interviewed here and AL ?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got mail from the CMS admissions dept, it was a letter thanking me for interviewing and a notebook? Is this a facy rejection or an A? Anyone else get one? My portal hasn't changed, but when I saw mail from them I did get my hopes up lol

Reactions: 1 user
when were you interviewed here and AL ?
I interviewed here on 1/22 and was placed on the AL on 2/7. So hopefully all will work out in the end and I am sending all the good vibes to everyone else in limbo :)

Edit: confused my thread- I interviewed in November and WL in December. Letters are not accepted

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed here on 1/22 and was placed on the AL on 2/7. I sent an update letter soon after that. So hopefully all will work out in the end and I am sending all the good vibes to everyone else in limbo :)
did you just email the update letter to the admissions team? or how did you send it?

I uploaded it to the portal. I know others had said that was where it was supposed to have been placed. Did anyone do differently or reach out to admissions to see if they saw your letter?

Wait I thought RFU didn’t accept them…they specifically told me no updates or letters of intent even if you’re waitlisted

I uploaded it to the portal. I know others had said that was where it was supposed to have been placed. Did anyone do differently or reach out to admissions to see if they saw your letter?

Also there’s not a place to upload it in the portal??? Am I just dumb?

Also there’s not a place to upload it in the portal??? Am I just dumb?
Letters of intent and update letters are not accepted but thank you letters are. Latrice told everyone at my interview day that thank you letters could be emailed to her and then she’ll distribute them.

Letters of intent and update letters are not accepted but thank you letters are. Latrice told everyone at my interview day that thank you letters could be emailed to her and then she’ll distribute them.

Okay that’s what I thought. I’m way past my interview and thank you letters, I just wanted to double check I wasn’t missing the chance to send a LOI or update. Thank you!

Has interview season finished for RFU? I still haven't gotten any communication from RFU which is weird considering pre-II have come through for most med schools :/

Has interview season finished for RFU? I still haven't gotten any communication from RFU which is weird considering pre-II have come through for most med schools :/

Not yet I don’t think. I believe the last one is April 9th though so only a weekish left

OMG guys- ignore me. I am confusing threads of my schools on here. This process is melting my brain. but you are absolutely correct RFU does not accept LOI's only thank-you letters. I interviewed with RFU in November and was Waitlisted in December. Just having a day!!

• Care
Got an email to check my portal for a status update but I’m just gonna assume it’s a pre-II R lol

why do some med schools make us log in to check instead of just emailing like?? that makes me even more upset. ESPECIALLY if i have to reset my password or something

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know there's one more cycle of interviews tmrw and that's it... does anyone have an idea or has anyone reached out regarding when they'll decide late March, 4/2, and 4/9's interviews by?

I just got mail from the CMS admissions dept, it was a letter thanking me for interviewing and a notebook? Is this a facy rejection or an A? Anyone else get one? My portal hasn't changed, but when I saw mail from them I did get my hopes up lol
I was wondering this too? Wonder if everyone got it

Does anyone know how many people they take off the AL? They don't publish AL movement on their website.

I don’t think I got this I’m on AL but maybe I live further away?

Im on the west coast. Sometimes schools send stuff to my parents house even though i dont live there anymore. i wouldnt put too much thought in it though. Anything official will be through email. Or portal i guess loool

Everyone who interviewed received notebook in the mail. It is not a rejection but appreciation and acknowledgement.

why can't they just send out R's at once. Its getting annoying to have to wait around

why can't they just send out R's at once. Its getting annoying to have to wait around
two years ago they actually ran out of AL spots and had to re-invite previously rejected people to replenish their AL in May. That's probably why- they are probably using algorithms to avoid having to do that and still send out Rs as they can

• Wow
I don't think I saw a single post II-R from this thread. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe they don't reject people post II.

I don't think I saw a single post II-R from this thread. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe they don't reject people post II.
I was wondering this too. Maybe they just add everyone to the AL if they’re not an immediate A. Or no one wants to say if they got an R?

what is the most recent interview group date that received an update on their status?

Did everyone in the AL get this email?

Are they asking us to keep it ready or upload it in the portal? - I don't see that option.

So are we supposed to get a doctor to fill out the physical for us? And does that mean we need to get a TB test soon? I am so confused.

seems it ineeds to be uploaded and completed by July 15th
1712855678175.png

Y’all on the AL have a big chance don’t worry there’s only like 38 in the accepted gc

• Love
O
Y’all on the AL have a big chance don’t worry there’s only like 38 in the accepted gc
Didn’t someone say the gc got hacked though so that’s why there’s so few people?

A lot of people not joining that chat likely means they are going to go to other schools I think. Since the schools I am accepted at have more people in the groupme.

I'm so confused, I got the immunization email saying I'm an alternate but I never got any communication in the portal or email that I'm an alternate lol. Did this happen to anyone else? Or is there a different portal that I'm not checking? I've been checking RFUConnect, where the applicant checklist thing is
It should say that you have a status update towards the top of the page

Has anyone has success withdrawing from alternate list… I emailed a few times but still show as being on the list!