Zostavax and shingrix patients.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sozetone

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think ANYONE who took zostavax should be given shingrix for free, OR some sort of refund or discount, no? Like anything else in life, when it is a defective/inferior product.

Members don't see this ad.

Sure, and anyone who has a pacemaker should always be entitled to receive a free pacemaker every time a newer, better model becomes available. It's only fair. Just every anything else in life when it is a defective/inferior product.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Actually sozetone I think you might be on to something. You should start a class-action law suit. I recommend Morgan and Morgan, for the people.

Reactions: 1 users
I think ANYONE who took zostavax should be given shingrix for free, OR some sort of refund or discount, no? Like anything else in life, when it is a defective/inferior product.
Eh, idk. It was the only Shingles vaccine on the market, so it was better than nothing at the time.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone actually pay for Zostavax?

If I remember correctly, it was (is?) very expensive. Not sure I ever had a patient actually pay for it.

Personally I never had anyone pay out-of-pocket but I did have some rather high co-pays. Some were north of $50. Hardly pocket change for many senior citizens.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I had people bitching about $3.60 (before they increased the Extra Help copay) so actually many expanded vaccines are a hard sell for Part D pts. Much easier if they have Tricare or FEP instead

Figure out how to get me 100+ shots to clear out my backlogged list of waiters for Shingrix, and I'll give you yours for free. Deal? We stopped adding people to the list when it started looking like some people wouldn't get theirs until 2021.

Reactions: 1 user
Figure out how to get me 100+ shots to clear out my backlogged list of waiters for Shingrix, and I'll give you yours for free. Deal? We stopped adding people to the list when it started looking like some people wouldn't get theirs until 2021.

But your DM wants you to know why you're not hitting quota. Please give action plan by next week.