Zombie Physiology - Good Post-Bach Class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NecrotizingFasciitis

IR/DR PGY-2 (DO)
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I have a class list of classes I'll be possibly doing as a post-Bach next year at school.. Pretty typical list (histology, dissection lab, Parasitology, endocrine physiology, etc...) and a new class option became available at my institution.

The class is called zombie physiology.. It sounds really cool and I love physiology so I am considering taking it but I wanted to see what people would think... Would it be looked at as a joke? The pre-req is human physiology and I would assume the class would examine the physiology of death and dying? Not entirely sure, they're still structuring the class.

Note: They are considering renaming it to make it sound a bit more professional.

Thanks!
-NF

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

I have a class list of classes I'll be possibly doing as a post-Bach next year at school.. Pretty typical list (histology, dissection lab, Parasitology, endocrine physiology, etc...) and a new class option became available at my institution.

The class is called zombie physiology.. It sounds really cool and I love physiology so I am considering taking it but I wanted to see what people would think... Would it be looked at as a joke? The pre-req is human physiology and I would assume the class would examine the physiology of death and dying? Not entirely sure, they're still structuring the class.

Note: They are considering renaming it to make it sound a bit more professional.

Thanks!
-NF

Sounds pretty cool. Idk if that really replaces human physiology though since human phys is more about the normal than abnormal.

Sounds pretty cool. Idk if that really replaces human physiology though since human phys is more about the normal than abnormal.

Yeah it wouldn't be to replace a grade or anything, I did great in human physiology. It would just be a cool class to take. I was just wondering what people thought adcoms might think about a zombie physiology class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it wouldn't be to replace a grade or anything, I did great in human physiology. It would just be a cool class to take. I was just wondering what people thought adcoms might think about a zombie physiology class.

If you already have your pre-reqs and you think it sounds fun by all means go for it! I'm sure if you do well in the other classes you take concurrently with it that adcom wouldn't have a problem with it!

You already have done human phys....if it sounds like something you would enjoy then take it! It might be a fun interview topic in the future.

Sent from my VS985 4G using SDN mobile