Secondaries a good place for

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Calizboosted76

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, are secondaries a good place to talk about having a low GPA? I am unsure if I should mention it in the secondaries that state "Tell us anything you feel we should know". I would like to make it obvious of my upward trend since I am unsure if the last two years of my bachelors degree are going to be seen as just one big super senior year due to my excess credits. Any input would be great, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would not. Don't bring attention to negative aspects of your app.

Reactions: 1 user
On the contrary, I talked about low GPA on my PS and in secondaries. It's okay to talk about it if you have a compelling story.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
On the contrary, I talked about low GPA on my PS and in secondaries. It's okay to talk about it if you have a compelling story.
+1. I didn't mention my low GPA in my PS, but I have talked about it on almost every secondary and I'm at 2 IIs so far. YMMV, but I believe that schools appreciate the honesty and self-reflection, especially if you have shown growth and that the grades no longer represent the student you are today.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks everyone for your responses and personal views! My issue is that due to the amount of credits that I have, the last two years of my undergrad (Which are my best at around a 3.8) may be seen as just one giant senior year. I am worried that ADCOMS when looking at my year by year GPA they will not be able to see this two year upward trend.