Zero phone calls...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockdoc

MSIV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it's mid-February and I still haven't heard from any PDs or Chairmen. Thought I was a decently competitive candidate, got a solid number of interviews, and even canceled more than a handful because I couldn't fit them in my schedule. And now, I haven't gotten a phone call from anyone yet. This would be a good time to be worried, ya?

Members don't see this ad.

So it's mid-February and I still haven't heard from any PDs or Chairmen. Thought I was a decently competitive candidate, got a solid number of interviews, and even canceled more than a handful because I couldn't fit them in my schedule. And now, I haven't gotten a phone call from anyone yet. This would be a good time to be worried, ya?

I wouldn't worry about it. I'd venture to say most applicants don't get phone calls, yet all of the spots seem to fill. Plus, what would worrying gain you? Maybe you should be making some phone calls to the programs you really liked (although, rank lists were due last week from the programs, so it won't do you much good).

As long as you had enough interviews to rank 15 programs, don't worry about phone calls. Most PDs don't make phone calls to applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
program match lists weren't due last week. they're due the same day they're due for us...

I'm a fairly competitive applicant and No phone calls for me either. I'm not worried though, the places I applied don't really seem to go very far down their lists so I'm not sure why they'd go through all the effort of calling applicants. It sure would boost my ego though. Oh well.

You're definitely not going to match now. Just kidding -- most people don't get any phone calls. I think that the phone calls generally go to those who are the tip-top applicants.