Ysu/ Walsh DPT letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frank.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from youngstown state? Its a smaller school but close to where I live. Just wondering if anyone has gotten any good news from ysu or from Walsh university. I had an interview at walsh november 16. Anyone get their letter yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming you probably received the email from YSU this morning but if not, check your inbox and you should hear more on Dec 9th. As for Walsh I also interviewed that weekend and have not heard anything back yet but I do remember them saying they will probably let us know sometime before Christmas so hopefully we will hear back soon!

I'm assuming you probably received the email from YSU this morning but if not, check your inbox and you should hear more on Dec 9th. As for Walsh I also interviewed that weekend and have not heard anything back yet but I do remember them saying they will probably let us know sometime before Christmas so hopefully we will hear back soon!

Yeah I got that email. I actually really thought I would get an acceptance letter on monday when they started. Its killing me waiting on Walsh too. Did you hear anything from YSU this week? I remember talking to Jim Benedict ( admissions co-chair @ YSU ) and he said they usually end up sending out 70 acceptances for the 30 spots knowing many people will reject them. Im going to the open house this monday to try and get to know everyone and help them put a face with my application. If you dont mind we asking what were your stats and where all did you apply and have you heard back from anyone yet?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't mind at all. Here are my stats:

University: University of Cincinnati
Major: Health Sciences- Exercise and Movement
Overall GPA: 3.61
Pre-Req GPA: 3.61
GRE: 1st attempt: 157V 150Q 3.5AW
2nd attempt: 161V 152Q 4.0AW

Extra-Curric: sorority, work, health sciences club, special needs cheerleading coach

Volunteer: ~ 150 hours split between 4 or 5 settings

Applying: College of Mount St. Joseph, Bellarmine University, Indiana University, Ohio University, University of Cincinnati, University of Dayton, University of Kentucky, University of Toledo, Walsh University, and Youngstown State University.

Acceptances: Indiana University, Ohio University, College of Mount St. Joseph (early interview)

Rejections: N/A (Maybe Toledo- I did not get first round interview there. They said I may get an interview later but I'm fairly sure that it was a generic email they sent to all applicants who did not get an interview the first round so I am pretty much counting it as a rejection)

Interviews: College of Mount St. Joseph, Bellarmine University, Indiana University, Ohio University, University of Dayton, and Walsh University

On some of the interviews I have spoken to other applicants about where they have heard back from. I have not spoken to anyone that has heard back from Walsh so I believe they are still making their decisions. I spoke to someone today who got an acceptance letter from YSU. It sounds like they started sending out acceptances without sending out any waitlist/rejection notifications and will keep sending out acceptances until they fill their class at which time they will send out rejection notices. I thought I would receive a letter also but no word yet so we are in the same boat. Where all did you apply?

My stats are similar
GRE: 155 V 156Q 3.5A
GPA 3.62
Prereq GPA 3.2

100 hours split between two settings

I applied to YSU, Walsh, Ohio State (My undergrad school), Chatham, West Virginia U, and Wheeling Jesuit. I had an interview at walsh and WVU and have one at Wheeling january 17th.