Youtube Channel for OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dobber

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to make a small web series about occupational therapy in my new You Tube channel. I want to say 5-6 videos in this series to help people who are looking into OT. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Could be neat, but what would you have in it that would be easier than just Googling info? Are you talking about application process information, or actual OT practice info?

I would like to make a small web series about occupational therapy in my new You Tube channel. I want to say 5-6 videos in this series to help people who are looking into OT. What do you guys think?
That would be awesome!! I am sophomore in college and have tried to YouTube videos on OT but there really aren't very good ones out there. And they are OLD! You should post current techniques OT's use with their patients varying from kids, adults, special needs, and the elderly. That would be a great contribution. Especially since a lot of people don't even really know what an OT is or what they do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I plan on doing application process tips, showcase my application process, interview some OTs (the ones I shadow would definitely be down)...

I say go for it!

There's just not enough out there about OT. There are few resources for people considering the career or begginng the application cycle and much less for those about to enter a program. I mean sure, there's google for the generic info and of course, there's the school websites that specify program requirements, but thats all.

And what I so badly wanted when I was applying was not anything I could find there. I wanted the real deal-- real students, real graduates, real therapists talking about their real experience! But there was not much of that.

Before when I was interested in nursing it was easy to find nursing blogs and vlogs galore! I could follow a nursing student from the time they began their program, to clinicals, graduation, NCLEX exam, first job and everything.... Now where the heck was OT?

I promised myself that as soon as I got in I'd make a youtube channel documenting the journey, sharing study guides, and tips etc.. But I'm midway through my second semester of my OT program and I haven't even started. It's hard to find the time.

But I still intend to do it and I'm strongly advocating that each OT student share his or her unique experience.

just posted two more videos, please check out and subscribe