Your typical day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aurovon

Tryin'
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up guys. I just wanted to see how alot of you pre pharmacy students spend your average day...so go ahead post hour by hour or just what you do in a day :)

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I am a pre pharmacy student (hope to apply in the fall) and my life is very busy and takes a high level of TIME MANAGEMENT! :) My husband is out of town 3-4 days a week and it is in those times that I feel like my life is completely chaotic.

I get up everyday at around 5:30 AM (not by choice, but my 3 year old son is apparently a "morning person" :scared: Every morning I wake up to those precious words of "MA MA I WAKE UP!! I WANT TO EAT!!" :p

Most days before school (except Tues and Thurs when I have to be at school for my Anatomy at 8:00AM-12:00) I plop him into his jogger and go walking down by the beach or in the park around 6:00AM. (or when the sun starts to come out) :love:

After that I will either take him to pre school (3 days a week) or my husband will finally be up and he will take over so I can get ready and be off to school around 8:30 -9:00AM.

I then will study and finish up homework or quickly get in a weight workout at the gym while listening to recorded lectures from Chem II or Anatomy until 10:30 when my Chem II class starts. That class lets out at 3:00 PM and I IMMEDIATELY finish up lab reports in the library for that day (if I can) until 5:30PM

I then rush off to collect my son from school( if my husband is on a trip) and on the way home we usually stop at the market to pick up dinner.

I get home around 6:15Pm and make dinner while my husband takes out my son to ride his bike. In between cooking and cleaning up I listen to recorded lectures of Anatomy on my stereo :sleep:

We tend to eat late on these days, but we always eat together (either my son and I or all three of us). From 7:00 -8:30 PM it is family time with my son (unless something is due or a test is coming up.)

At 8:30PM my son goes to bed and I study more until I fall asleep.

I find very little time to go out with friends, shop or RELAX during the semester, That is why we ALWAYS take a trip for a week in between semesters to Mexico (Cancun) or Hawaii. It gives me something to look forward to and revitalizes me. :thumbup:

bananaface said:
Do you want this moved to the pharmacy students forum? It's ok there, since it has nothing to do with getting in to school. Just post or PM me if you do.

- Anna

Sorry, I meant Pre Pharmacy Students :)

I edited it, thanks though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Smilescali said:
Well, I am a pre pharmacy student (hope to apply in the fall) and my life is very busy and takes a high level of TIME MANAGEMENT! :) My husband is out of town 3-4 days a week and it is in those times that I feel like my life is completely chaotic.

I get up everyday at around 5:30 AM (not by choice, but my 3 year old son is apparently a "morning person" :scared: Every morning I wake up to those precious words of "MA MA I WAKE UP!! I WANT TO EAT!!" :p

Most days before school (except Tues and Thurs when I have to be at school for my Anatomy at 8:00AM-12:00) I plop him into his jogger and go walking down by the beach or in the park around 6:00AM. (or when the sun starts to come out) :love:

After that I will either take him to pre school (3 days a week) or my husband will finally be up and he will take over so I can get ready and be off to school around 8:30 -9:00AM.

I then will study and finish up homework or quickly get in a weight workout at the gym while listening to recorded lectures from Chem II or Anatomy until 10:30 when my Chem II class starts. That class lets out at 3:00 PM and I IMMEDIATELY finish up lab reports in the library for that day (if I can) until 5:30PM

I then rush off to collect my son from school( if my husband is on a trip) and on the way home we usually stop at the market to pick up dinner.

I get home around 6:15Pm and make dinner while my husband takes out my son to ride his bike. In between cooking and cleaning up I listen to recorded lectures of Anatomy on my stereo :sleep:

We tend to eat late on these days, but we always eat together (either my son and I or all three of us). From 7:00 -8:30 PM it is family time with my son (unless something is due or a test is coming up.)

At 8:30PM my son goes to bed and I study more until I fall asleep.

I find very little time to go out with friends, shop or RELAX during the semester, That is why we ALWAYS take a trip for a week in between semesters to Mexico (Cancun) or Hawaii. It gives me something to look forward to and revitalizes me. :thumbup:

Very nice. I am sure you wish your son was not a morning person :laugh: I am glad you can manage your time wisely especially with a family.

I get up at 6:30 AM. I'm in class by 7:30 or 8:00. I spend most of the morning in classes. I study in the library for most of the afternoon. I go to work at 5:00 PM and work until about 11:00. I go home and get up to do it again the next day. I can't wait to get into pharmacy school so I can have just a touch more of a life (no job for me during the school year).

I am out of spring semester now and awaiting physics during summer semester.

However, my routine usually goes about like this:

I usually get up around 7 for my 8AMs. Wait around campus for my next classes. Then I go back home to my apartment and mull about until I am ready to go do homwork/studying.

Then I come back home from the library and mull about.

I spend far too much time "mulling about". What I do during these time periods varies depending on my financial situation and mood.

If I have a test I spend the late night studying for it.

My clock goes off at 5:30, but i cheat and reset it for 6am everymorning, i'm out the door by 6:30, 6:45, and i get to work at 7:30, and work starts at 8am until 5:30 (thats monday and tuesday), i leave work at 5:30 i try to sneak out a little earlier than that and rush to class that starts at 5:35, tuesdays i have two classes so i'm not done until 10pm at night, wednesday and thursday same thing only thing work starts at 8:30 and finishes at 4:30 and fridays, i go in for 8am and finish at 1pm. When ever there is a break i tend to pass out where ever i can lay my head, Since its finials week i've been staying at school later, and not getting home until 11 at night and then not going to sleep until 1:30 or 2 in the morning. Weekends, i got to my kung fu class first, then i go to the hair salon and then i go to school and study. I have the worst time management though and before i know it, its monday, and i didn't do anything that i was meaning to do. I usual have quizes and test everyweek and the worst is if i have the exam on wednesday because i get home really late from lab on tuesday night and never have time to study. SO i have no life

ummmm.... class depending on the day from 8 or 10 until 3:30...
the 3:30 is every day....

then.. home...
tv goes on...
stare at the TV
then simpsons
then SDN
then simpsons again
then some more SDN
then whatever i watch that night while looking over school stuff PRN

i'm telling you i bust my butt!
haha

im sooo lazy. graduated college last year, refuse to get a job, no friends are back home.
my days are something like this.
mwf - wake up at 6, out by 730 to school, read hmwk in library til class at 10, skip class i decided to audit at 11, go home, days of our lives, passions, dr.phil,oprah, news, seinfeld, everybody loves raymond, mtv/more tbs... all the while checking SDN and email every 10 mins. sleep at 1030
tr - wake up 630, get to gym and exercise with the old ppl, home, repeat previous day's tv line-up.

Up at 6:00 am. Get the kids ready for school. Drop son off at preschool, daughter #3 off at elementary school, drop daughter #2 off at middle school, then get to my 8:00 Physics class which goes until 11:30. Then eat a sandwich while writing up labs or doing homework problems. Then leave at 1:30 for work. Work at the hospital until 11:00 pm. Then home, finish homework, crash. wash-rinse-repeat

I have no idea what I would do if I had to take care of kids in addition to school.

Now that would be scary.

I'd make a horrible mother.

I know how you feel AubieRX. Thats how I know Im not ready for children, Im still far too selfish about what I need to do. More power to the moms (and dads) in school. :thumbup:

During this semester my week went something like this:
Wake up at 7:00 try not to hit snooze so I can leave by 7:30
To work at 8:00 but usually get there at 8:15 :oops:
M/T/W leave work by 4:15 so I can make it across town to class and study
Get home around 10:30pm
R/F leave work late so that I can make up for the time I missed leaving early
Get home around 6pm
Thursday nights I usually veg in front of the TV
Weekends I catch up on laundry, clean house, study, mow lawn, hang out with friends, go to church, see my bf, shop, etc etc...

I actually <3 kids (its my best kept secret) and really want some of my own but I need to figure out what is goin' on with life first. I don't think i will be a good mother until i settle down mentally, get a pharmacy degree etc.

If only my dizzy biological clock would listen to my sensible head!

i wake up at 3:30 in the morning,start my work at 4:30 am till 9:00. then i go to my college and start my work at 10:00 till 1:00 on mondays and thursdays and till 4:00 on tuesdays and wednesdays. then i had a class from 5 till 9 on tusedays and thursdays. An on the weekends, don't have nothing to do but juss sit bak and relax and enjoy the life to the fullest ;)

punjabisingh said:
i wake up at 3:30 in the morning,start my work at 4:30 am till 9:00. then i go to my college and start my work at 10:00 till 1:00 on mondays and thursdays and till 4:00 on tuesdays and wednesdays. then i had a class from 5 till 9 on tusedays and thursdays. An on the weekends, don't have nothing to do but juss sit bak and relax and enjoy the life to the fullest ;)

3:30am! good lord!, more power to you